IS - 2nd Gen (2006-2013) Discussion about the 2006+ model IS models

Installed a USA SPEC IPOD interface yesterday

Search this Thread

Old 04-22-08, 06:00 AM
lexusscguy
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Installed a USA SPEC IPOD interface yesterday

I installed the new USA SPEC PA20-TOY Ipod interface yesterday (I got tired of waiting on VIAS to release thier new software) and love it, it works great. You can choose Playlists, Albums, Artists, Genre and Songs, it's pretty much the same as what VAIS is going to come out with, but it's a $100.00 cheaper. Installation was a breeze (aside from taking out those *****ing A/C vents, don't know what Lexus was thinking with those), I will try and get some screen shots for you this week. If you have any questions don't hesitiate to ask, and I will try and answer them the best I can.
Old 04-22-08, 06:46 AM
suorum
Pole Position

MAN!! that's very nice!! and the $100 difference just made my morning!!! Definitively I would like to see some screen shots..... Definitively a nice "upgrade" on your system
Old 04-22-08, 06:55 AM
Electric
Pole Position

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Screenshots would be awesome!
Old 04-22-08, 07:42 AM
TLe2006
Lexus Champion

does it play video from the video ipod?
Old 04-22-08, 07:50 AM
MLIAISON
Lead Lap

Does it come with an installation video for idiots,....if so....THAT EXACTLY WHAT I AM LOOKING FOR.
Old 04-22-08, 08:05 AM
lexusscguy
Pole Position

No, it doesn't do video, I didn't want nor did I need video, but when I said the price difference between the VAIS and this unit, I was comparing it to the VAIS that doesn't do video, so it would be over $200.00 cheaper then the VAIS that does video. It doesn't come with a video to install, but trust me it is very easy, you follow the DIY for the Nav hack on how to get the Nav out and then it's just unplugging one plug from the back of radio, plugging in the cable that comes with the USA SPEC unit and plugging the cable you pulled out of the radio in the cable that come with the unit. I will try and get some screen shots tonight and put them up. You can checkout this link for a little more information and an idea of how the screen looks like (look at the screen for the Gen 5 Navi):

http://www.usaspec.com/ipod_product_sheets/pa20-toy.pdf

Last edited by lexusscguy; 04-22-08 at 08:09 AM.
Old 04-22-08, 08:19 AM
MLIAISON
Lead Lap

How is the sound quality? any good?
Old 04-22-08, 08:22 AM
lexusscguy
Pole Position

It sounds great, my wife has a 2008 Avalon with a Navi and we really didn't have many choices for her car, because the Avalon has a different Navi from all other Lexus/Toyota's. So for her car we got the Toyota/Lexus IPOD kit and this sounds a 100 times better then that.
Old 04-22-08, 08:41 AM
MLIAISON
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by lexusscguy
It sounds great, my wife has a 2008 Avalon with a Navi and we really didn't have many choices for her car, because the Avalon has a different Navi from all other Lexus/Toyota's. So for her car we got the Toyota/Lexus IPOD kit and this sounds a 100 times better then that.
Do you happen to have the link for this? Where you bought it.

This sounds good
Im gonna have to put this in my +Fav's
Old 04-22-08, 08:44 AM
onihc
I heart Honda

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by lexusscguy
I installed the new USA SPEC PA20-TOY Ipod interface yesterday (I got tired of waiting on VIAS to release thier new software) and love it, it works great. You can choose Playlists, Albums, Artists, Genre and Songs, it's pretty much the same as what VAIS is going to come out with, but it's a $100.00 cheaper. Installation was a breeze (aside from taking out those *****ing A/C vents, don't know what Lexus was thinking with those), I will try and get some screen shots for you this week. If you have any questions don't hesitiate to ask, and I will try and answer them the best I can.
can you check if a glitch exists? put your radio into random mode and skip forward 7 songs by pressing the next track button(pretty fast) on the radio. Seee if the the displayed song on the radio is the same as the ipod.

my installer friend has encountered this error. it goes away as soon as random mode is cancelled.
Old 04-22-08, 08:51 AM
lexusscguy
Pole Position

Here's the link to were I got it, and onihc, I went out to car and tried what you asked and the displayed song on the radio was the same as the Ipod.

http://enfigcarstereo.com/shopsite_s...oduct1062.html
Old 04-22-08, 08:57 AM
Pcola_IS
Driver School Candidate

Hey lexusscguy, I read that the VAIS one also bypasses the "I Agree" screen after about 8 seconds or so... does yours do that also?

Sean
Old 04-22-08, 09:00 AM
lexusscguy
Pole Position

Originally Posted by Pcola_IS
Hey lexusscguy, I read that the VAIS one also bypasses the "I Agree" screen after about 8 seconds or so... does yours do that also?

Sean
As far as I know it doesn't, but I don't have the "I Agreed" screen because I have Data Version 7.1 which only displays a warning screen for 5 seconds.
Old 04-22-08, 09:03 AM
smokyis350
Lexus Champion

thats a good price, I will definitely get this if it has video. Vaistech is overpriced IMO.
Old 04-22-08, 09:09 AM
MLIAISON
Lead Lap

Ok I have a stupid question, when you install this....where do you put the "box"? Do you just stuff in behind the Nav Unit with the wires?

And where did you snake the IPOD adapter wire that plugs into the ipod itself?

Quick Reply: Installed a USA SPEC IPOD interface yesterday