Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Dang u guys are getting good mpgs! Sad to say that my avg is no where near 30
Old 06-08-08, 01:15 AM
darkdream
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by fasteddy91
ceostatus0, are you using 7th gear to get that gas mileage?
there is no 7th gear on a IS250
Old 06-08-08, 01:47 AM
CeoStatus0
Pole Position

Originally Posted by fasteddy91
ceostatus0, are you using 7th gear to get that gas mileage?
I took that picture after I started to drive more carefully... watching myself and just crusing it. It was right after I just filled it up at a gas station. I pretty much leave my display at (current mpg) and it's always over 30. So every now again i'd switch the display for ish and giggles to see what the (tank avg) is. I'm sure any IS250 can get that read or maybe even higher right after a fill up and just cruise it.

Funny thing is as I was driving, crusing on the freeway with my cruise control on and it kept on going up and up. You can see form the pictures how fast I was going and how low I kept the RPM and how many miles after the fill up it was.

Maybe I should take these pictures to a Hybrid forum and tell them to EAT THIS! haha
Old 06-08-08, 01:54 AM
meefer
Lead Lap

Agreed on the display - it's not exactly accurate. But it's my avatar for giggles. It's especially inaccurate at the full tank. CEO - do you fill past the auto shutoff or "top off" when you refuel?
Old 06-08-08, 05:46 AM
ajmtbm
Pole Position

Originally Posted by eric_r_ho
Hey guys, I have a quick question about the MPG screens in our gauge cluster.

The first is about the lifetime mileage. From what I understand is that this is the OVERALL mileage for every single mile since the car was constructed right or at least the trip meter in the gauge cluster was initiated?

And about the MPG for the current tank..is there any way to reset that thing prior to a trip? Because on Benz's and BMW's that number can be reset or automatically resets for every drive cycle. Let's say I start my car in the morning and avg 25mpg to get to work. When I turn the car on it'll show w/ the same mpg but is there a way I can reset it without having to fill the tank? The only time I can get the MPG on the TANK display to reset is when I fill up. Is there a way to reset this display for every single trip?
you can reset the lifetime one by holding the disp button. i am not aware that you can reset the tank one - that resets automatically when you fill up.

when i had the dash rattle tsb done i received my car back and the lifetime average was reset. Thus i would presume it also resets when the battery is disconnected.
Old 06-08-08, 05:49 AM
ajmtbm
Pole Position

Originally Posted by eric_r_ho
Hey guys, I have a quick question about the MPG screens in our gauge cluster.

The first is about the lifetime mileage. From what I understand is that this is the OVERALL mileage for every single mile since the car was constructed right or at least the trip meter in the gauge cluster was initiated?

And about the MPG for the current tank..is there any way to reset that thing prior to a trip? Because on Benz's and BMW's that number can be reset or automatically resets for every drive cycle. Let's say I start my car in the morning and avg 25mpg to get to work. When I turn the car on it'll show w/ the same mpg but is there a way I can reset it without having to fill the tank? The only time I can get the MPG on the TANK display to reset is when I fill up. Is there a way to reset this display for every single trip?
Originally Posted by meefer
Agreed on the display - it's not exactly accurate. But it's my avatar for giggles. It's especially inaccurate at the full tank. CEO - do you fill past the auto shutoff or "top off" when you refuel?
has anyone else tried to verify the numbers of the mpg? i checked a few times and found the display is about 3-5% higher than actual? i use tank average and at fill up wrote down the miles at that fill and the bextfill and compared. the few times ive done it it always registered higher mpg than actual, never lower.
Old 06-08-08, 09:29 AM
meefer
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by ajmtbm
has anyone else tried to verify the numbers of the mpg? i checked a few times and found the display is about 3-5% higher than actual? i use tank average and at fill up wrote down the miles at that fill and the bextfill and compared. the few times ive done it it always registered higher mpg than actual, never lower.
As far as I can tell, it's almost always 2 mpg high by the time I finish the tank.
Old 06-08-08, 11:47 AM
CeoStatus0
Pole Position

Originally Posted by meefer
I always fill up till when it stops... I never try to "top off"
Old 06-08-08, 12:14 PM
lobuxracer
Tech Info Resource

Received 3,964 Likes on 2,401 Posts

Originally Posted by ajmtbm
I've had just the opposite. Indicates less than calculated. But it all depends on your driving patterns.