IS - 2nd Gen (2006-2013) Discussion about the 2006+ model IS models

Tungsten Pearl - Do you really like?

Search this Thread

Old 05-08-08, 01:21 PM
cheappc
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Tungsten Pearl - Do you really like?

This has probably been brought up before. But...

Do you guys think the Tsungten Pearl color for the IS really doesnt show the real beauty of this car? The same goes for the light blue one.

P.S. I got the Tsungten Pearl, but the more I look at the SGM or Pearl white, I wish I would have gotten either of those colors instead, even black.
Old 05-08-08, 01:27 PM
ExTrEmE99
Lexus Champion

Received 14 Likes on 10 Posts

I think it color is fine. But i dont like silver cars. There boring to me, My family has 2 other silver cars and i believe there fine but i wish i had starfire pearl because well i wanted something different from what my family already had.
Old 05-08-08, 01:47 PM
PhilipMSPT
Cycle Savant

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by cheappc
Do you guys think the Tsungten Pearl color for the IS really doesnt show the real beauty of this car? The same goes for the light blue one.
I have no clue what you're talking about...

But honestly, I don't like silver on any car. It's too neutral and dull on many vehicles, and some silver paints can look like primer.

Only German cars know how to make a silver car look sexy...

Last edited by PhilipMSPT; 05-08-08 at 01:50 PM.
Old 05-08-08, 01:49 PM
chums
Lead Lap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

im usually not a fan of silver cars, but after seeing the IS, it is one of the very few exceptions id make. i think they look great
Old 05-08-08, 02:06 PM
cheappc
Driver

"Only German cars know how to make a silver car look sexy..."

I love my IS, but I have to agree with the above quote. My mercedez was silver and it was great (actually probably the best color for the 2001 - 2006 c class).

I have a probably a straight line of sight when it comes to colors for different cars, for example I like BMW's in Black or White.

Also, as I mentioned before. For the IS, I Like the Smoky Granite, Pearl White or Crystal White, and Black.

I GUESS IM JUST RAMBLING ON..

I really do like my IS though, and you guys are probably gonna kill me, but I actually like the IS - BETTER THAN ANY OTHER LEXUS -, probably the only other one that comes close is the LS460.

Now imagine taking the ISX50, keep it exactly the same, just bigger! That would be great!
Old 05-08-08, 02:14 PM
tex2670
Lexus Champion

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

Tungsten was my 3rd choice, after BWB and MRM, but I'm completely satisfied. Silver will never be an exciting color, but it won't be offensive either.

It's all a matter of personal taste. Who cares if other people don't love the color of your car (that's the attitude GFM owners have, right?).
Old 05-08-08, 02:25 PM
100plus
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

White was my first choice, Matador red was my second, but the dealership had neither. So i took the TP. Im ok with silver cars, at certain lighting and angle itll look good.

^^^ thats mine (not me driving, i took the picture), after a wash. reflects a lot eh? I like my car, and its color.

Last edited by 100plus; 05-08-08 at 02:40 PM.
Old 05-08-08, 02:44 PM
kiddolay
Rookie

Silver looks cleaner for a longer period of time . I don't have to wash my car as often as SGM or black. Those colors look stunning but when they aren't washed, it doesn't give you the luxurious look (by that i mean not clean). Silver looks good all the time
Old 05-08-08, 02:47 PM
Namster
Intermediate

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by cheappc
P.S. I got the Tsungten Pearl, but the more I look at the SGM or Pearl white, I wish I would have gotten either of those colors instead, even black.
I agree with you that the Tungsten Pearl is a common color for the IS and not too attracted to look at. Other colors that would attract me are the GFM, SGM, and Obisidan...like you said^
Old 05-08-08, 02:52 PM
Joneser
Driver

I agree... I alomost got offended LOL...

Tungsten defintly wasn't my top choice... black was and the... the black sapphire pearl (deep blue)... anyway... The blue one i did find in the area was a fully loaded 250 and there were no black ones but a demo... i settled on the tungsten pearl because i got the 350 pretty much loaded about $2k more that what the other dealer was selling the blue 250 for...
gladly paid 2k more for power ....

At anyrate it has grown on me and definitly easier to keep clean and less noticable dings... I had a black 4runner before
Old 05-08-08, 02:54 PM
Brian231
Lexus Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I on the other hand, wanted the Tungsten Pearl only. I wanted it with an all black interior and I love it. I did like the Millenium Silver on my gen 1 better, but it is a conservative appeal that fits in anywhere. I am quite pleased with the 2gen paint selections.
Old 05-08-08, 02:54 PM
pisaykotik
Lexus Champion

I like silver cars but the silver on the IS is a little too light for my taste.
Old 05-08-08, 03:11 PM
projectdna
Lexus Fanatic

Received 25 Likes on 23 Posts

i wanted mine in TP - and got it, of course. considering what else was available, no other color really appealed to me.
Old 05-08-08, 03:15 PM
is_wil
Driver

Default My #1 choice

I can't even imagine living with another color - I've never liked worrying about swirls on dark colors, or having to wash it more than twice a month - and chrome wheels, polished etc - I'll never spend two hours waxing my wheels again - that sucked!

I cosidered Matador, nixed it because I saw one and it was swirly heaven, and I considered GFM after seeing it under the lights, I liked how the color changed depending on the angle - but too extravagant for me.

With Tungsten - looks SHINY for a good 2-3 weeks before the barely visible dirt starts dulling the luster...and I agree, on my IS300 the Millenium Silver looked pretty cool, this has none of the metalic luster that did, but again - it's SHINY. I special ordered it as is - love the Tungsten.

Last edited by is_wil; 05-08-08 at 03:17 PM. Reason: fixed typo
Old 05-08-08, 05:23 PM
DoHwan
Lead Lap

Tungsten Pearl is AWESOME...

Yeah. the black rims are ugly so I took them off. but SILVER cars are THE BEST!!!!!

Quick Reply: Tungsten Pearl - Do you really like?