Sad day-farewell CL

Search this Thread

Old 05-22-08 | 09:35 AM
Brian231
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by passnu2
haha...already taking my parts from me

If I get rid of the car then yes you can. Dont get too excited just yet
I got dibs on the suction cup HeMan doll to put on my back window.

Old 05-22-08 | 10:07 AM
lexudv
Pole Position

I feel you...Have a VACANT property that is draining me for everything Have a little one on the way also so will see....Like you said there is plenty of time to get another car that you appreciate. Family comes first My previous line of work was related to this mortgage mess and left me hanging with no income for close to 2 years Its scary to see how things have changed so much and I have considered giving it back to the dealer but then I just cant part ways I will wait it out till the summer is nearing its end to make the leap if I do. Hope I do not have to but will do what is required!

Looking forward to seeing you at the next meet. It will be good times and stick around! I plan to even if I sell my car. I really enjoy many of the members around here!
Can I have your wheels?
J/K I know I asked your for some info on them and you game me some useful info. But yeah times are definitely changing. I know a lot of people that have lost jobs and even homes. Especially in areas like San Bernardino and even up north in Los Banos. Thankfully I didn't buy into it and up to now I don't have a mortgage payment. That might change though since its definitely going to be a buyers market. And I need a house already!!!
Old 05-22-08 | 10:08 AM
meefer
Lead Lap

Hyundai in general has been on the come-up. Congrats, new car is never a bad thing. Enjoy.
Old 05-22-08 | 10:22 AM
rdgdawg
Pole Position

I feel you...Have a VACANT property that is draining me for everything Have a little one on the way also so will see....Like you said there is plenty of time to get another car that you appreciate. Family comes first My previous line of work was related to this mortgage mess and left me hanging with no income for close to 2 years Its scary to see how things have changed so much and I have considered giving it back to the dealer but then I just cant part ways I will wait it out till the summer is nearing its end to make the leap if I do. Hope I do not have to but will do what is required!

Looking forward to seeing you at the next meet. It will be good times and stick around! I plan to even if I sell my car. I really enjoy many of the members around here!
I hear ya... as you know, many trips down to Chicago but will quite a while before landing these two (multi-millions purchases- IT) so need to stay lean and mean and focus on them.... I know the light at the end of the tunnel so doing all the prep now... and I will come to some meets!!
Old 05-22-08 | 10:24 AM
rdgdawg
Pole Position

Originally Posted by PhilipMSPT
Congrats on the new car purchase.

The Hyundai Sonata is built quite well (better than the Camry IMO), and you can't go wrong with its functionality and efficiency.

Do post pics in the Car Chat Forum when you get a chance, as well as a review of the car in general. Hyundai has been a great debate for most CL members -- some love it, and some hate it. We would love to hear your opinion...
Will do.... fell in love with the look on the 09, first impressions... quick, roomy, Infinity sound is TIGHT... will post full observations as suggested in a bit.... and thx for your input as well!!!!! Much appreciated to you and all on here!!
Old 05-22-08 | 10:36 AM
Brian231
Lexus Fanatic

Russ,

I forgot to ask if you are purchasing the 2.4 (175) or the 3.3L 249hp Lambda V6?
Old 05-22-08 | 10:51 AM
passnu2
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by Brian231
I got dibs on the suction cup HeMan doll to put on my back window.

Your going to have to arm wrestle my son for that one
Old 05-22-08 | 11:39 AM
rdgdawg
Pole Position

Russ,

I forgot to ask if you are purchasing the 2.4 (175) or the 3.3L 249hp Lambda V6?
V6 Lamda baby!!! $24,373 price (dealer invoice $24,973) plus gave me $27,200 on my IS w/ 25102 miles. Was sold before I even completed my paperwork!!!

Initial review in Car Chat

Last edited by rdgdawg; 05-22-08 at 11:43 AM.
Old 05-22-08 | 12:04 PM
Brian231
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by rdgdawg
V6 Lamda baby!!! $24,373 price (dealer invoice $24,973) plus gave me $27,200 on my IS w/ 25102 miles. Was sold before I even completed my paperwork!!!

Initial review in Car Chat
I have to say, it is good to hear about your deal. I bet everyone wants the AWD in Wisconsin? You now have a 3 year newer vehicle for less. Sadly enoughy, more horsepower (LOL). Those new Hyandai's are nice. y mother has a 2003 Santa Fe with never one problem and it has 80k on it.
Old 05-22-08 | 12:41 PM
Little E
Lexus Champion

Enjoy your new car! Come back and visit us every now and then.

Enjoy the new ride. I may be joining you in the near future myself. Waiting it out to see how things turn out.
Mike, I hope you won't have to part ways with your 350.
Just in case, I call dibs on your illuminated door sills.
Old 05-22-08 | 12:43 PM
rdgdawg
Pole Position

I have to say, it is good to hear about your deal. I bet everyone wants the AWD in Wisconsin? You now have a 3 year newer vehicle for less. Sadly enoughy, more horsepower (LOL). Those new Hyandai's are nice. y mother has a 2003 Santa Fe with never one problem and it has 80k on it.
I am impressed... looked at RX350 for the Missus vs Veracruz, which I sat in yesterday... no contest... Veracruz at $10K cheaper price, literally same inside...
Old 05-22-08 | 12:54 PM
Joe Z
Lexus Fanatic

Lightbulb

^^ Key Words "Literally same inside"

Not bad for "Made in Korea"..

But nothing I would consider buying anytime in the near future.

Jz
Old 05-22-08 | 01:41 PM
Fizzboy7
Lexus Test Driver

I'm mixed on the new '09 Sonata. The cosmetic updates look Buicky to me. I think the '08's slimmer headlights look sportier and the redone taillights are plain copies of the bland '05 Accord (which looked like 90's Buick lights). However, the new dash looks very modern and clean. This is a new Sonata strongpoint.
Also, the 3.3 V6 is a gem. My dad has it in his Santa Fe and the sounds it makes are addicting. BTW, he loves his Santa Fe... it is a lot of truck for the price and has been very reliable so far.
I've also seen the new Genesis sedan testing in my area and it's very sharp (if a direct copy of the 5-series and Lexus LS).
Now, my question is, is there really that big of a difference with rear seat room from the IS to the Hyundai?
Old 05-22-08 | 01:59 PM
rdgdawg
Pole Position

Originally Posted by Fizzboy7
I've also seen the new Genesis sedan testing in my area and it's very sharp (if a direct copy of the 5-series and Lexus LS).
Now, my question is, is there really that big of a difference with rear seat room from the IS to the Hyundai?
I see some of the Genesis in the new Sonata... and yes, there is more room, I have a child seat on one side just like in the IS and there is defintely more shoulder room... and I had more knee room behind the driver's seat...
Old 05-22-08 | 02:01 PM
rdgdawg
Pole Position

Originally Posted by Joe Z
^^ Key Words "Literally same inside"

Not bad for "Made in Korea"..

But nothing I would consider buying anytime in the near future.

Jz
True words JZ, but they are getting closer much faster than the competition... if I were Toyota or Honda, I'd be very afraid and they have clearly set their sights on Lexus... they are not there yet, but............

Quick Reply: Sad day-farewell CL