radicalrev
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

lesson learnt??
Old 05-23-08, 05:17 AM
IS350jet
Pole Position

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

What they did was illegal. You should have only paid the $59. By law, they must notify you in advance for you to Ok the added expense.
Old 05-23-08, 05:31 AM
2008IS350
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Sounds like a call to the BBB! They must honor their quote. Ever heard of Bait and Switch?
Old 05-23-08, 06:28 AM
Electric
Pole Position

Out of every oil change service center, I have heard far more horror stories about Jiffy Lube than any other.

There were TWO guys on the EVO forums who they did not fill the engine with oil, another had a filter fall off. Nothing but nightmare stories from them. Man, they are an OIL CHANGE place, how hard is that? Pitiful really.

At least you know NOT to go there anymore. I will have Lexus do mine, or myself if it comes to it. I did them myself on my EVO jsut because I didnt want anyone touching the car!
Old 05-23-08, 06:40 AM
cm09578
Lead Lap

I had the same experience...never go there ever!!!!
Old 05-23-08, 07:05 AM
Brian231
Lexus Fanatic

I remember this scam uncovered in 2003. My sister called me once when she was at Jiffy Lube and they told her she needed a transmission flush, coolant flush and fuel injection cleaning on her 2005 Camry when it was a year old with 11k on it. I told her to put the manager on the phone and let him know that this shat better stop. Besides, they don't even have T-IV fluid. This was around 2006 in a Chicagoland Jiffy Lube.
Old 05-23-08, 07:27 AM
4TehNguyen
Lexus Fanatic

Received 51 Likes on 46 Posts

should just go to a dealer to do your oil change if not yourself. Oil changes arent that frequent with 5k intervals and youll save yourself a lot of hassle and worry. My dealer charges me under $50 for a conventional oil change
Old 05-23-08, 07:37 AM
Brian231
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by 4TehNguyen
should just go to a dealer to do your oil change if not yourself. Oil changes arent that frequent with 5k intervals and youll save yourself a lot of hassle and worry. My dealer charges me under $50 for a conventional oil change
Don't forget the complimentary car wash (LOL). Half the time, oil change places never have the 2gen filter. I went to 3 places at my 10k because it was negative temps with wind chill and I was not about to change my oil this time myself. I guess $50 at the dealer is sometimes piece of mind.
Old 05-23-08, 08:16 AM
NovaIS350
Lexus Test Driver

The only time I went to Jiffy Lube was because of time contraints ( i had to get my oil change right before going on vacation). So long story short, these guys couldn't get the oil filter off. So I had brand new oil with an old filter. They ended up not charging me for the mobil-1. Better than nothing I guess. I will never ever take my car to Jiffy Lube ever again.
Old 05-23-08, 08:21 AM
Brian231
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by NovaIS350
The only time I went to Jiffy Lube was because of time contraints ( i had to get my oil change right before going on vacation). So long story short, these guys couldn't get the oil filter off. So I had brand new oil with an old filter. They ended up not charging me for the mobil-1. Better than nothing I guess. I will never ever take my car to Jiffy Lube ever again.
That is pretty sad if they could not remove a cannister filter, BMW had used them in many many cars for many years. This thread will probably be filled with ill-regard for Jiffy Lube.

Old 05-23-08, 08:51 AM
NovaIS350
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by Brian231
That is pretty sad if they could not remove a cannister filter, BMW had used them in many many cars for many years. This thread will probably be filled with ill-regard for Jiffy Lube.

I either change the oil myself, take it to my friends shop, or the dealership. None of this Jiffy Lube nonsense.
Old 05-23-08, 09:17 AM
kt22cliff
Pole Position

You could've spent $40 on filter/oil and 30 minutes of your time and done it yourself. It's not brain surgery. That way you know for sure it's done right

Originally Posted by mctuners
Hello CL members,
I would like to share my horrible experience that I had at Jiffy Lube the other day. Since I live quite far away from Lexus dealer, I decided to check out prices at Jiffy Lube for engine oil change.
First, I called Jiffy Lube store in my area (Ames, IA) and asked how much engine oil change and filter would be for my 07' IS250.
The guy said that it would be $59.99 for full synthetic oil. I double confirmed it by asking " So, $59.99 includes both oil change and new filter?" and he said yes, it is $59.99. On the next day, I brought my IS to that Jiffy Lube for oil change. They asked if I want any other extra service and I simply said that all I need is just oil change with Synthetic oil and oil filter. I double checked the price to be $59.99 total and they agreed.
I was told that it would take about 20 minutes and so I was taken to the waiting area. After waiting 30 minutes, I looked at my car through the windows and 3 guys were standing in front of my car, which seemed like they were trying to figure out what to do with my car with no past experience on any IS before.
I asked if everything was OK and they said that there is no problem .
Then, I waited additional hour (total 90 minutes) and they said it was done.
I went up to the counter to pay for the oil change.
Guess what? The bill had $98, not $59.99 plus tax.
I asked what is going on and started arguing with them. (I was not happy about waiting 90 minutes anyways)
This lady says that because my car takes more oil than they expected and it uses special oil filter, they have to charge me more than what they told me.
I argued that the price of $59.99 was what I was told as the total I need to pay, but they did not care and this lady goes "Do you even know what your engine size is?" I said it is 2.5 litter and it takes about 6 qts of engine oil. She said "No, it is something blah blah. (definitely not the right way to treat customers."
I asked for a manager and this lady, who was showing strong attitude claimed herself to be a manager. I was there with my wife, so I stopped arguing and paid for it because I was thinking I can get reimbursement for what I was over charged for. I walked out and popped the hood. There were 2 plastic clips, which are supposed to hold down the engine cover were not in the place.
I did not wanna deal with them any more, so I just took off.
I called Jiffy Lube complaint center and and filed a report.
I was told that someone will contact me to resolve the issue.
After waiting 3 days, someone called from Jiffy Lube.
I explained what happened and she said that she will let the management team know about it and get it corrected, but there is nothing else they can do for me.
What a service.
I am sharing my experience with Jiffy Lube, so CL members do not go experience the same thing.
Stay away from Jiffy Lube.
Old 05-23-08, 09:31 AM
CrazyIS
Rookie

Where do you guys Buy your oil filters for your gen 2 IS?
Old 05-23-08, 09:34 AM
Brian231
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by CrazyIS
Where do you guys Buy your oil filters for your gen 2 IS?
There was a thread on this a while back and most members agreed the $2 differance on the OEM from the dealer was better than any aftermarket. Should be about $7 at dealer.
Old 05-23-08, 09:57 AM
Little E
Lexus Champion

I once dated a mechanic, and he said trusting someone at Jiffy Lube to service your car is like trusting a student from beauty college to cut your hair. Those “Jiffy Lube” type places are training grounds for entry-level auto techs.

Quick Reply: Horrible experience with Jiffy Lube