Need Help ASAP PLEASE!

Search this Thread

Old 05-25-08, 10:31 AM
lexusjunky
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Need Help ASAP PLEASE!

Driverside door won't open outside and inside

I tired to search for a solution, but I can't find any.

I wanted to install new speaker on the front door but couldn't open the door panel all the way and now when I put everything back, I can't open the door. Any solution beside driving 200 miles to the dealers to get it looked at?
thanks in advance.
Old 05-25-08, 10:37 AM
passnu2
Lexus Fanatic

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

you just need to take the door panel off. There is what is like a coat hanger wire that attaches to allow this to work. Its something you can do. what did you get stuck on taking the panel off?

there are mostly clips but there is either 1 or 2 screws also you need to undo. let me know if I can be of more hep.

Mike
Old 05-25-08, 10:40 AM
MIA IS250
Lead Lap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

did you take the screws out the door panel? one behind the door handle and another at the edge of the door by the lock, then pop off the controls and there is a screw behind that as well i think, havent taken off in a while, then pop all the clips and check the cables that actuate the door lock and see if they are in place. hope this helps.
Old 05-25-08, 10:42 AM
passnu2
Lexus Fanatic

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/sho...JDM+Style+turn

I know this is not what you are doing but you can use the pics, sorry for the poor quality, as reference. there is 2 bolts. one that is close to the armrest after you remove the window cluster on the door. that just pops out if you didnt do that. unplug the connectors. you will then see that bolt. also the cover by the door release lever. then pop out that plastic piece. then its about 9 or so off those clips and i just pulled hard from bottom to top. it takes a little force and some time. You can get it off!!!

lets get those speakers installed and your door working again!
Old 05-25-08, 10:43 AM
lexusjunky
Rookie

I closed the door so now, I can't open it to take apart the door panel. I didn't realize there's a screw behind the door handle. My trouble is that I can't open the door to take apart the door panel.
Old 05-25-08, 10:45 AM
passnu2
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by MIA IS250
did you take the screws out the door panel? one behind the door handle and another at the edge of the door by the lock, then pop off the controls and there is a screw behind that as well i think, havent taken off in a while, then pop all the clips and check the cables that actuate the door lock and see if they are in place. hope this helps.
just take off the whole panel. sounds like you where right there. its just some force and time. make sure you roll the window down also if you didnt. Once I had all the clips off i started to push the panel up from the outside corner of the door. Mine has the tweeter in the other corner, that was the part that made it a little hard if you have that. I didnt remove it if maybe that helps give you some more room.

sounds like an easy fix once you have it back together. also make sure you have all connectors fastened. chime back after you try this and I will help you figure this out.

Mike
Old 05-25-08, 10:45 AM
passnu2
Lexus Fanatic

can you open any of the other doors??
Old 05-25-08, 10:49 AM
lexusjunky
Rookie

yes...all the other door is working fine.....I must've not put everything back right on the driver side door
Old 05-25-08, 10:49 AM
passnu2
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by lexusjunky
I closed the door so now, I can't open it to take apart the door panel. I didn't realize there's a screw behind the door handle. My trouble is that I can't open the door to take apart the door panel.
then what I would say is try to go thru the passenger door and take off the window control unit.

then take that 10mm bolt if i recall right off and then you can kind of pull on the handle to allow you hand some space in there. its going to be a wire that comes threw the door so see if you can feel around and get your hand on this and simply pull it and manually open the door. I know this isnt going to be easy to do but I think its the only way. try to roll the window down if you can and hopefully you are a garage to work in to allow you extra time.

chime back after this and let me know.
Old 05-25-08, 10:50 AM
passnu2
Lexus Fanatic

also take off the screw where the handle is also...forgot that in my last post.
Old 05-25-08, 10:50 AM
lexusjunky
Rookie

I was able to open the panel and got everything loose, just couldn't take it off the door because i didn't know how to take the door handle assembly off.
Old 05-25-08, 10:53 AM
lexusjunky
Rookie

Originally Posted by passnu2
also take off the screw where the handle is also...forgot that in my last post.
When I push the lock/unlock button, it seems to lock and not unlock.
Old 05-25-08, 10:53 AM
passnu2
Lexus Fanatic

I hear ya...

just do what i explained above and lets see if you can get your hand far enough into the panel to find the metal wire to open the door. once you do this its going to go much easier.
Old 05-25-08, 10:54 AM
passnu2
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by lexusjunky
When I push the lock/unlock button, it seems to lock and not unlock.
its probably not doing either. its caught on something behind that panel. my guess is that the metal wire is also not attached. trust me its very easy to pop it out. learned this from many stereo installs in the past and taking them apart to install those side mirrors these are just the same.
Old 05-25-08, 10:57 AM
passnu2
Lexus Fanatic

i sent you my # to call me if you want to your PM

Mike

Quick Reply: Need Help ASAP PLEASE!