I'm pulling the plug on my ES 350 deal

Search this Thread

Old 05-26-08, 04:47 AM
Joeb427
Lexus Fanatic

Received 17 Likes on 16 Posts
Default I'm pulling the plug on my ES 350 deal

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=357165

After 48 hours of thinking about it and a 300 mile trip with my IS,I'm going to pull the plug on the ES deal.I'm not as hot as I was on a ES even with the Ultra Luxury package option.
The car won't arrive till probably late June.
With the '09s coming out in Sept,to me the '08 would be a left over.I'll wait and get an '09 and probably not an ES.
I'm definitely buying something and after my little trip this weekend,it just may be a loaded IS 350 even if I have to special order to get that ML in my area.The IS has that fun to drive factor.Also I'd miss you people too much to leave here.

Now the twisting of the arm to buy the car and the fight for my $2K deposit from the dealer begins.

Last edited by Joeb427; 05-26-08 at 06:50 AM.
Old 05-26-08, 05:36 AM
sykocus
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I've gotten an ES350 two times as a loaner. You'd have to pay me money to give up my IS for an ES.
Old 05-26-08, 06:24 AM
sirCharles
Lead Lap

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by sykocus
I've gotten an ES350 two times as a loaner. You'd have to pay me money to give up my IS for an ES.
Ditto on the loaner experience...It drives like a boat by comparison.
Old 05-26-08, 06:51 AM
Joeb427
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by sirCharles
Ditto on the loaner experience...It drives like a boat by comparison.

I love that comfortable smooth ride but that may get old fast.
Old 05-26-08, 06:56 AM
MLIAISON
Lead Lap

Yay Joeb!! I knew you wouldnt leave us!!

Im happy now. That just made my memorial day specialer lol
Old 05-26-08, 07:05 AM
carchitect
Lead Lap

I agree with a lot of guys on here. The ES350 is crap. I'd get the TL-S before the ES350.

Get the IS350 if you liked the way your AWD drives. You won't regret it one bit.

-Joe
Old 05-26-08, 07:06 AM
Joeb427
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by MLIAISON
Yay Joeb!! I knew you wouldnt leave us!!

Im happy now. That just made my memorial day specialer lol
Thanks,M!
Old 05-26-08, 07:11 AM
Joeb427
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by carchitect
I agree with a lot of guys on here. The ES350 is crap. I'd get the TL-S before the ES350.

Get the IS350 if you liked the way your AWD drives. You won't regret it one bit.

-Joe
Yeah,I think I'm going to go that route.I believe I can order a loaded Starfire Pearl/Black 350 in late June.
No ML available in my area which makes absolutely no friggen sense.
Koz has a loaded 350 and I love it's quickness and all the options.
Old 05-26-08, 07:23 AM
Evitzee
Lexus Champion

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

I couldn't see the rationale in your original post; going from an IS to an ES didn't seem to make sense considering how you have modded your IS. I just drove from central TX to Santa Fe, NM (660 miles) in my IS and it was a very comfortable drive. The only intrusion is the slight tire noise that is just endemic in the design of the IS, but it is part of the good handling you get with the IS. At speeds ranging from 80 mph in West Texas on I-10, to 75 and 65 mph in NM the IS is very comfortable, no wind noise, and a comfortable interior with ML and XM radio. For a small car I couldn't ask for much more. And on the trip I averaged 29 mpg. What's not to like??

It is good that you put a hold on your transaction. Do some more thinking on what kind of car you really like.
Old 05-26-08, 07:53 AM
Alex350
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I like both cars, but I would not give up an IS for an ES unless there was a real necessity of more space. I don't think your dealer will give you a hard time on your deposit unless you special-ordered it, and even then, I don't think they will.... just explain to them the situation and I'm pretty sure they'll understand
Old 05-26-08, 07:54 AM
passnu2
Lexus Fanatic

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Joe you will find this for an interesting read....I told you I was considering the GS for my new addition to the family. Read my post and most of the comments.

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=357269
Old 05-26-08, 08:39 AM
Joeb427
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by passnu2
Joe you will find this for an interesting read....I told you I was considering the GS for my new addition to the family. Read my post and most of the comments.

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=357269

Like I mentioned in my PM to you,the GS is small inside among other dislikes I had.

I'll fill the forum in...

Guys,I actually went to Lexus to buy the car I've been wanting for the past few years.
I said to myself,WTF get the GS 350 AWD you want.Again Starfire Pearl/Black.
The wife didn't care so to the dealer I go.Don't mind buying a sort of left over '08 in a GS.
I test drove a $53K sticker model and was sooooo dissapointed.I still can't believe how I disliked the car I loved for the past 3 years.
Maybe I expected too much but the ride was bumpy(I thought it would be pretty much ES-like),wind noise,dash was plain,gauge area was boring,interior in general too,little trunk space,silly small drop down control panel..
Saw a Ultra-Luxury ES with that Panorama roof,remembering the cushiony ride of the ES and was pulled in for awhile.
Old 05-26-08, 09:10 AM
carchitect
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by Joeb427
Yeah,I think I'm going to go that route.I believe I can order a loaded Starfire Pearl/Black 350 in late June.
No ML available in my area which makes absolutely no friggen sense.
Koz has a loaded 350 and I love it's quickness and all the options.
Joe, You can do a special order on your car with any option you basically want. My IS350 order was a Sport package (only for the IS350), Navigation with Levinson, Radar cruise and Pre-collision and park assist not to mention Obsidian with Sterling interior. Those options are not available in ANY areas. It took me 4 months to get the car in. I'm really glad I awaited for it. The car is a blast. Everyone IS350 owner who has seen the ride has said "I didn't know you could get it like that!!" I highly recommend you think over the options. If you need to get more info on how to go about doing this PM me for details. You CAN order these options. It is a build to order vehicle so the wait is from the order directly going to Lexus to have it built.

-Joe
Old 05-26-08, 09:18 AM
MLIAISON
Lead Lap

Im with Carchitect...its all about the Special Order Baby!
Old 05-26-08, 09:25 AM
Joeb427
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by carchitect
Joe, You can do a special order on your car with any option you basically want. My IS350 order was a Sport package (only for the IS350), Navigation with Levinson, Radar cruise and Pre-collision and park assist not to mention Obsidian with Sterling interior. Those options are not available in ANY areas. It took me 4 months to get the car in. I'm really glad I awaited for it. The car is a blast. Everyone IS350 owner who has seen the ride has said "I didn't know you could get it like that!!" I highly recommend you think over the options. If you need to get more info on how to go about doing this PM me for details. You CAN order these options. It is a build to order vehicle so the wait is from the order directly going to Lexus to have it built.

-Joe
Thanks,carchitect.
When I order I'm going with the

Starfire Pearl/Black

LT Luxury Plus Package
VN Navigation System/Mark Levinson Package
PA Intuitive Parking Assist

Quick Reply: I'm pulling the plug on my ES 350 deal