IS - 2nd Gen (2006-2013) Discussion about the 2006+ model IS models

Weird question regarding alternator.

Search this Thread

Old 05-26-08, 05:34 AM
HHawk
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Arrow Weird question regarding alternator.

Okay I am thinking of getting an high output alternator for my Lexus IS 220d (Diesel).

The only problem is, since I do not know much about this stuff, is if the alternator will be compatible with my car. In the Netherlands, where I live, there is not a high demand for these kind of modifications. And I really need an high output alternator since I will be using 3 Sundown Audio amplifiers. And I really think my current alternator will not be able to cope with the demand.

Anyways, I was wondering if there is a big difference in alternators between gasoline cars and diesel cars. I know America does not use Diesel cars (or anyways not a lot) compared to Europe. So I was wondering if somebody can post the specifications of the alternators, so I can see if there is a difference between them, other then output.

Currently, the only one who can supply me with an high output alternator is Iraggi (Dominick). It seems he really does know a lot about alternators, but is a bit slow in the answering-emails department. Also since these alternators cost a lot of money, I am just wanting to make sure it will fit without problems. Iraggi said it would fit without problems. The maximum alternator he has for my Lexus IS 220d is a 220A alternator. Which should be enough for me.

Please advice or share your opinions with me, before I make the purchase. I really hope someone can give some good advice.

By the way, just FYI, you can here see my car hifi setup (almost 100% complete, except for the subwoofers): http://www.mvdl.info/hh_lexus.jpg

Thanks in advance already for reading!!
Old 05-26-08, 08:26 AM
passnu2
Lexus Fanatic

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

I think you are better to post in the Aftermarket Audio section.

You can get a 2nd battery installed in the trunk as an option. You can also get a few CAPS in your trunk for heavy loads. I have used both in previous cars and the CAPS help a little but it depends on how crazy you are getting.

What about going to a custom Audio place locally to you and seeing what they suggest for some expert advice you what you are doing for your system. Then get online and do some research???
Old 05-26-08, 08:41 AM
HHawk
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by passnu2
I think you are better to post in the Aftermarket Audio section.

You can get a 2nd battery installed in the trunk as an option. You can also get a few CAPS in your trunk for heavy loads. I have used both in previous cars and the CAPS help a little but it depends on how crazy you are getting.

What about going to a custom Audio place locally to you and seeing what they suggest for some expert advice you what you are doing for your system. Then get online and do some research???
If you would have checked the link I supplied, you could read that I already purchased 2 extra Kinetik HC1800 batteries. Of course to load the batteries, I have to get a powerful alternator. Caps are not a solution in my case.

I just need some more information about the Lexus IS-series alternators if possible. Also custom audio places overhere in the Netherlands aren't very good concerning alternators & Lexus' cars.

Last edited by HHawk; 05-26-08 at 08:42 AM. Reason: Added text...
Old 05-26-08, 08:48 AM
passnu2
Lexus Fanatic

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

again if you read my post you should have posted in another section??

here is the link to make it easier for you:https://www.clublexus.com/forums/lexus-audio-video-security-and-electronics-12/

from there I just added things I had done. Post in the right section and I am sure someone will be of better help! sorry I was only trying to help...