IS - 2nd Gen (2006-2013) Discussion about the 2006+ model IS models

Washed and Detailed my car too!

Search this Thread

Old 05-29-08, 06:18 PM
100plus
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Default Washed and Detailed my car too!

Since its getting nicer out here, i had my car washed and detailed too. Had a friend of mine help out (mr. euro).

hmm why does TP reflect differently... oh well i love it

And a few days earlier, took some quick shots near my area.

Old 05-29-08, 06:23 PM
ExTrEmE99
Lexus Champion

Received 14 Likes on 10 Posts

I detail my car once a month but TP doesnt shine as well as other colors but it looks great in person. I'm starting to pick up Javy's methods ( Dust the car and then QD with a clean MF and im done)

The bad part of detailing your car is, you notice some small blemishes and rock chips
Old 05-29-08, 06:23 PM
passnu2
Lexus Fanatic

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Looks good!

we need to have the "official car wash/just detailed pic thread" just an idea anyway...
Old 05-29-08, 06:37 PM
kuuqi
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

i personally detail my car about once a month when its nice out. basically my process goes like this.

first i use a stain remover and remove all the bird droppings, tar, tree sap, etc. next i do a complete car wash from top to bottom with soap. easy. then i do a complete towel dry (though im thinking of investing in a leaf blower ;p) follinwg the towel dry, i take a wax and wax the entire car, wait 10 minutes and go back to the first panel i started with and buff it all off. then i follow up with a quick detailer spray to finish it off. though i'd recommend waiting a day before using the quick detailer to let the wax cure.

basically each day after that if it's still nice, i take my quick detailer and wipe off all the dust with a microfiber towel. it easily cleans off everything and leaves a clean shine. of course when it rains, i'd just leave it the way it is until my next wash/detailing. as far as bird droppings, i like to remove it ASAP with my bugtar remover and follow with a quick detailer spray to leave a light protectant and follow with another detailing later. each detailing usually only takes me about 2 hours which isn't bad.

of course dust and such does set in paint so i take it to my local detailing shop every few months usually at the beginning of spring/summer and another when winter begins. they claybar my car as well as clean the underside of my body as well as buff out scratches, polish, wax, etc. that usually does the trick for me. of course this coming winter, i'll be applying 7 layers of wax for as much protection as i can just because i like to
Old 05-29-08, 06:50 PM
Doushiyou
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

everyone is detailing their car but me. LOL
gotta hit that up. Looks great 100plus
Old 05-29-08, 06:57 PM
llamaboiz
Lexus Fanatic

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by ExTrEmE99
I'm starting to pick up Javy's methods ( Dust the car and then QD with a clean MF and im done)
hehe thats what i do, shampoo'd her maybe 3/4 times durring 1yr of ownership and my lexi never leaves the garage dirty... EVER
Old 05-29-08, 07:00 PM
ExTrEmE99
Lexus Champion

Received 14 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by llamaboiz
hehe thats what i do, shampoo'd her maybe 3/4 times durring 1yr of ownership and my lexi never leaves the garage dirty... EVER
All these shinny rides made me go outside and dust off and quick detailed, Car is now Shinny and still smooth as a babys bottom
Old 05-29-08, 07:00 PM
passnu2
Lexus Fanatic

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by ExTrEmE99
I detail my car once a month but TP doesnt shine as well as other colors but it looks great in person. I'm starting to pick up Javy's methods ( Dust the car and then QD with a clean MF and im done)

The bad part of detailing your car is, you notice some small blemishes and rock chips
Originally Posted by llamaboiz
This wouldn't work if you lived where I do...
Old 05-29-08, 07:34 PM
Mister T
Lexus Champion

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

Clean ride!

Literally and visually!