IS - 2nd Gen (2006-2013) Discussion about the 2006+ model IS models

got my tmps installed today

Search this Thread

Old 06-01-08, 11:30 AM
PaPaHoFF
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

you think they will work for an 06 with a 12/05 build date? I want a new set too but not paying 400 for them
Old 06-01-08, 01:48 PM
ek9vboi
Lexus Champion

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by PaPaHoFF
you think they will work for an 06 with a 12/05 build date? I want a new set too but not paying 400 for them
Thats for sure is pre production, the ones from ebay will not work.

Last edited by ek9vboi; 06-01-08 at 02:07 PM.
Old 06-01-08, 01:52 PM
passnu2
Lexus Fanatic

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

^^ you dont know if they will work!

People call you Lexus dealer and run the part # past them! Here is the one that is currently on eBay!

Lexus Part #42607-33021 (please note, some dealers put the dash between the numbers while others do not)

Vik...getting some rims
Old 06-01-08, 01:55 PM
passnu2
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by VikDiddy
So nobody had problems with this seller and the TPMS that were delivered? They were all in new condition? I am thinking about picking these up since I they are $400 from dealership.
Yes Vik they work. You can double check the part #'s as I listed in the post above. This is where I got mine and they worked just fine! I may have some pics still if you want to see let me know.
Old 06-01-08, 02:06 PM
ek9vboi
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by passnu2
^^ you dont know if they will work!

People call you Lexus dealer and run the part # past them! Here is the one that is currently on eBay!

Lexus Part #42607-33021 (please note, some dealers put the dash between the numbers while others do not)

Vik...getting some rims
um... ok buddy. I've seen a few people buy a used set and then have to buy a new set because at the last moment when they went to go get the mounted they needed a set that worked with their car. My friend works at a wheel shop and he sees this all the time as well.

with my car, i got it right the 1st time because my friends and from reading online. all of the lexus/toyota sensors have no part numbers to go by on the sensor itself, the KEY here is the "FCC# and IC" that are printed on the sticker which is located on the back of the sensor.
Old 06-01-08, 02:39 PM
VikH
Lexus Champion

There are 2 different TPMS sensors for the 2IS. Here they are with part numbers (per Sewell Lexus site):

Production date Before March 2006 = Part # 42607-30030-04

Production date After April 2006 = Part # 42607-33021-04

Obviously, this will only be an issue with a small number of 2006 2IS owners.

Vik...getting some rims
No, I am just being prepared for when I do get them. Although, buying TPMS might be a reason to get 19" Volk Progressiv MEs

Yes Vik they work. You can double check the part #'s as I listed in the post above. This is where I got mine and they worked just fine! I may have some pics still if you want to see let me know.
As long as they are working. Gonna go ahead and buy them. Thanks.
Old 06-01-08, 02:43 PM
slowandlow
Lead Lap

i bought from him and yes they do work great for my 07 is
Old 06-01-08, 05:37 PM
passnu2
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by ek9vboi
um... ok buddy. I've seen a few people buy a used set and then have to buy a new set because at the last moment when they went to go get the mounted they needed a set that worked with their car. My friend works at a wheel shop and he sees this all the time as well.

with my car, i got it right the 1st time because my friends and from reading online. all of the lexus/toyota sensors have no part numbers to go by on the sensor itself, the KEY here is the "FCC# and IC" that are printed on the sticker which is located on the back of the sensor.
Yes I understand what is necessary for them to work! I have them on my car. BUDDY I think not...I read many of your negative posts on here to members! I hope that it makes you feel good about yourself...

You posted to others that they wont work?? I said that is not true because they may work! Maybe you could have been more clear in your post to the ones that are interested in purchasing rather then say "your car is pre this??" You do not know this! That is why I said call the dealer and take the part #??

I am glad you had your buddy to help you! Didn't they check to make sure they worked rather then tell you generically those wont work on your car and guessed because of the year of your car??

All I am saying is CALL the dealer and check They list the number you need on the listings.
Old 06-01-08, 06:18 PM
ek9vboi
Lexus Champion

Yes I understand what is necessary for them to work! I have them on my car. BUDDY I think not...I read many of your negative posts on here to members! I hope that it makes you feel good about yourself...

You posted to others that they wont work?? I said that is not true because they may work! Maybe you could have been more clear in your post to the ones that are interested in purchasing rather then say "your car is pre this??" You do not know this! That is why I said call the dealer and take the part #??

I am glad you had your buddy to help you! Didn't they check to make sure they worked rather then tell you generically those wont work on your car and guessed because of the year of your car??

All I am saying is CALL the dealer and check They list the number you need on the listings.
You better double check with what your reading. I've only told one person in this thread what sensors will and will not work. I'm no noobie when it comes to cars and whatever else, I speak from experience not just **** out of my *** like a lot of others. As for my comments, it my opinion and if you don't like it, all you have to do is not read it or click the "X" on the top right. Simple huh?

when it comes to TPMS sensors for ANY 2IS and other Lexus models, it has to do with PRODUCTION DATE which is located on the driver side door jam. There PRE and POST production. Also, you can bring in the sensors to the dealer, but it doesn't mean that they will know what they are necessarily looking at. I've seen parts managers look at items and ask me is that an OEM part that they sale.

the pre-april 06 TPMS
Toyota P/N 42607-30030 have an FCC # of PAXPMV1017 and IC # 3729APMV1017

the post-april 06 TPMS
Toyota P/N 42607-33021 have a FCC # of PAXPMV107J and IC # 3729APMV107J
https://www.clublexus.com/forums/sho...39&postcount=4

Now, if you don't understand that then I don't know what else to say.
Old 06-01-08, 06:34 PM
passnu2
Lexus Fanatic

^^how did you know the production date of that members car?? because of the join date?? I know how it works myself as I went threw the research process before I purchased. All I am saying is you made an assumption that it wouldn't work for that member! I happen to know he owned another Lexus previous to his IS.

I know your comments are you opinion but you take it to the next level where it has nothing to do with what the OP is asking for help on? If it makes you feel better to be negative thats cool for you I guess. We are all entitled our own opinion on here! Hey what ever makes you happy...Its not called the X in the right corner its the red triangle next to your post! Maybe you should read up on the sense of community? If you have nothing positive to post then don't post at all!

here is that one for you:
https://www.clublexus.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=247192

now here are 2 of your more recent post??
https://www.clublexus.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=358247
(just curious how this had anything to do with helping??)

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=353647
I guess in this one because you commented on how you think his rims look that must have been why they where rubbing again good help to the OP and what he asked for??

But again you have your own opinion and can post as you feel it makes you feel good.

Enjoy
Old 06-01-08, 06:43 PM
ek9vboi
Lexus Champion

^^how did you know the production date of that members car?? because of the join date?? I know how it works myself as I went threw the research process before I purchased. All I am saying is you made an assumption that it wouldn't work for that member! I happen to know he owned another Lexus previous to his IS.

I know your comments are you opinion but you take it to the next level where it has nothing to do with what the OP is asking for help on? If it makes you feel better to be negative thats cool for you I guess. We are all entitled our own opinion on here! Hey what ever makes you happy...Its not called the X in the right corner its the red triangle next to your post! Maybe you should read up on the sense of community? If you have nothing positive to post then don't post at all!

here is that one for you:
https://www.clublexus.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=247192

now here are 2 of your more recent post??
https://www.clublexus.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=358247
(just curious how this had anything to do with helping??)

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=353647
I guess in this one because you commented on how you think his rims look that must have been why they where rubbing again good help to the OP and what he asked for??

But again you have your own opinion and can post as you feel it makes you feel good.

Enjoy
dude, u really need help. i'm gald u love me, seeing that your on CL 24/7 that makes me feel great that u read over everything i type. u can use the red triangles all u want, i've done nothing wrong. i dont use the internet to make me feel good, but if it floats ur boat that thats great for u. keep up the post whoring, ur gunna get to 10k soon.

again, try reading my previous posts in the thread and then some of the others posted by:

PaPaHoFF (posted his car's production date, i told him what would and wouldn't work)
VikDiddy (posted more info about pre and post production)
Old 06-02-08, 08:52 AM
Joe Z
Lexus Fanatic

Received 1,064 Likes on 586 Posts
Arrow

Alright guys take it to PM's LoL...

For the record "ek9vboi" posted correct info regarding the 12/05 built IS..

Here are the part numbers and production dates..

There is no " -4 " at the end of the part# and the FCC & IC numbers are just too much un-necessary info, unless your buying used and don't know what they came out of...

If you are buying new from dealer or from ebay...

These below part numbers will work for both Toyota & Lexus parts counters.

Part# 42607-33021 / build date of post-April 2006

Part# 42607-30030 / build date of pre-April 2006

Joe Z
Old 06-02-08, 01:13 PM
passnu2
Lexus Fanatic

My apologies!

ek9vboi actually has a set of for sale for the PRE 06 set up...in the 2IS section!

I still say just call the dealer to verify before you pull the trigger! They are only 100 new on Ebay so you can sell them pretty easy on here if they are wrong for any reason.

G/L to those working on this!
Mike
Old 06-02-08, 01:52 PM
Audriuss
Pole Position

Don't want to start a new thread, so I am asking here.

In Euro (not sure if all of it, but at least scandinavian part) IS'ses don't have TMPS. Still, in my IS-F when sunlight brights up to instrument panel, I can see "flat tyre" simbol.

So my question is: is it possible to install TMPS in IS? guessing it should be like 4 tire mounted sensors, some kind of antena, and some kind of module connected to computer?

anyone can comment?
Old 06-02-08, 05:39 PM
ek9vboi
Lexus Champion

My apologies!

ek9vboi actually has a set of for sale for the PRE 06 set up...in the 2IS section!

I still say just call the dealer to verify before you pull the trigger! They are only 100 new on Ebay so you can sell them pretty easy on here if they are wrong for any reason.

G/L to those working on this!
Mike
So what if I have a set for sale, did I bring it up in this thread once? Nope, its pretty irrelevant. I really thought you were the mature one, but I see different now.

Originally Posted by Audriuss
Don't want to start a new thread, so I am asking here.

In Euro (not sure if all of it, but at least scandinavian part) IS'ses don't have TMPS. Still, in my IS-F when sunlight brights up to instrument panel, I can see "flat tyre" simbol.

So my question is: is it possible to install TMPS in IS? guessing it should be like 4 tire mounted sensors, some kind of antena, and some kind of module connected to computer?

anyone can comment?
This all has to do with how and what lexus decides to include in the car to different countries. for example, we see this a lot in the states as well, the northern part gets 2IS with mainly 17" stocks and the southern parts get 18" stocks as standard. Some places have options, while other dont have that option, even if they special order.

Quick Reply: got my tmps installed today