IS - 2nd Gen (2006-2013) Discussion about the 2006+ model IS models

Has anyone here had/has trouble with their homelink??

Search this Thread

Old 06-05-08, 04:42 PM
kevenhang
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Has anyone here had/has trouble with their homelink??

My freakin garage door opener is so hard to put into the homelink system. I tried for about a week then just gave up.

Just wondering if anybody else had issues with this too??
Old 06-05-08, 04:46 PM
PhilipMSPT
Cycle Savant

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Your garage door opener may have a rolling code.

You would need to set the garage door opener itself to link to the Homelink System. Read the manual, and you'll get it done.
Old 06-05-08, 04:49 PM
TopGearLA
Rookie

yeah its not how the manual says to do it, its a pain to figure out but once u do it, its real easy. first off... mite as well reset(clear) the whole thing. two you have to sync the garage door opener remote to the homelink till it blinks or whatever. Theeeeen... you have to go to the actual garage door open (on the ceiling) and quicly press the train/test button and then sync that part up liek it says in the manual. You pretty much have to do all the steps, not either or but that should take care of it.

it took me like 2 hours until i found a thread somewhere mentioning it in bits and peices.
Old 06-05-08, 04:52 PM
kevenhang
Pole Position

Talking

Originally Posted by TopGearLA
yeah its not how the manual says to do it, its a pain to figure out but once u do it, its real easy. first off... mite as well reset(clear) the whole thing. two you have to sync the garage door opener remote to the homelink till it blinks or whatever. Theeeeen... you have to go to the actual garage door open (on the ceiling) and quicly press the train/test button and then sync that part up liek it says in the manual. You pretty much have to do all the steps, not either or but that should take care of it.

it took me like 2 hours until i found a thread somewhere mentioning it in bits and peices.
thanx i will try that and hopefully it works..
Old 06-05-08, 05:14 PM
passnu2
Lexus Fanatic

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
Thumbs up How to program rolling code openers

1. press the 2 outer buttons on the homelink in you car to reset any memory the light will rapidly flash when done.

2. program your opener (make sure your car is clear of the door opening of closing on your car) to any one of the 3 homelink buttons. push them both and hold till you see the rapid flash of the light.

3. press the learn button on your main opener on the garage ceiling (typically next to the light bulb) DO NOT HOLD IT IN as it will reset all memory of Keypads, openers, ect...you have a short period of time to get back in you car and press and hold the button you just trained from the opener. On most the lights will flash to confirm that you are done.

if you did kill the memory by holding that learn button in just push the button then the remote buttons and they will sync back up and follow the instructions on the key pad to enter your code back in.

This will do the trick for you!
Old 06-05-08, 07:14 PM
tex2670
Lexus Champion

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

mine was a pain too. i followed the instructions exactly, and still couldn't do it. then i went out and got fresh batteries for my Genie remote--worked the first try after that.
Old 06-05-08, 08:48 PM
passnu2
Lexus Fanatic

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

^^thats a good idea. Guess this could always be a possibility?? I would think if it opens the door you should be okay but if the OP still has troubles I would give this a shot.
Old 06-05-08, 09:06 PM
yov6cam
Driver

i remember it was a pain too, but i think having the car running helped me out somehow, im not sure
Old 06-06-08, 05:01 AM
Bichon
Super Moderator

Received 267 Likes on 237 Posts

There is an excellent thread in the FAQ (stickied at the top of this forum) concerning programming the homelink.
Old 06-06-08, 07:45 AM
greg0723
Lead Lap

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

you know i have not gotten mine to work yet. everytime i read one of these threads i run out and try it again. so guess what? im going out to try it now. im geting fresh batteries first haha.
Old 06-06-08, 11:42 AM
Janizary
Pole Position

Received 5 Likes on 1 Post

The FAQ item related to Homelink is here:

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=333300

Followed it for my IS and got it on the first try.

I remembered having problems when I programmed my wife's Pilot, so I searched for it right off the bat after bringing my IS home.
Old 06-08-08, 01:50 PM
kevenhang
Pole Position

Originally Posted by Janizary
The FAQ item related to Homelink is here:

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=333300

Followed it for my IS and got it on the first try.

I remembered having problems when I programmed my wife's Pilot, so I searched for it right off the bat after bringing my IS home.
thanx i will try this again
Old 12-28-08, 01:33 PM
KyleH
Advanced

Received 136 Likes on 105 Posts

Can anyone give me some help? I'm a bit at a loss.

I purchased my car recently. Brought it home, looked up the procedure here on the site and programmed my garage on the first try. Since then I was trying to program my brother's SUV and managed to reset all codes to the garage. Synching up all of the remotes was no problem at all. However, for the life of me I cannot get the car to synch up. I went ahead and cleared all codes in the homelink (twice) to see if this would help.

This is a Chaimberlain rolling code door. I've tried to do it the way that I did it the first time by tripping the switch on the garage door unit and then pressing the homelink key twice. Nothing going there. I then tried the "standard" procedure of holding the transmitter button down for 30 seconds while holding down the homelink button on the mirror. Never does the button begin flashing quickly. Do you think it's possible I have a defective homelink in my car? I suspect this is highly unlikely, but can't think of another possibility. I've got 3 remotes, and they are only 3 months old, so I really don't feel it's the battery.

Besides this, being that it's a rolling code, I'm not sure why I even need the remote at all to program my car. By everything I've read in print from the manufacturers, all you need to do is trip the button on the opener unit itself, and then program the homelink in your car by pressing the button 2 or 3 times, just as though it is any other remote.

Also, I see nowhere in the manual that it says the car needs to be on or off to program the homelink. I tried it both ways, but the buttons illuminate as though it is working fine without turning on the ignition.
Old 12-28-08, 06:26 PM
KyleH
Advanced

Received 136 Likes on 105 Posts

As a follow-up, I did have a successful programming later this evening. Here's the key. First off, being that this was a pre-owned Lexus, the original owner had already programmed the car to a rolling code garage. So when I purchased it, it still had another code in the system. So I did not have to do step 1 - I.E. program the homelink with the original garage remote. All I had to do originally was replace their rolling code with my rolling code.

But, after I reset the system, I had to do step 1 before I could move on to step 2. I was using a little aftermarket remote (bought at Lowes) garage door opener that fits on a keychain to program the car's homelink. It wasn't until I found the original remote for the garage door opener (rectangular, clip on your visor type) that I was successful in programming the homelink.

Then of course step 2 of pressing the learn button on the opener itself and then activating the homelink by pressing the button twice was simple as ever.

Cheers
Kyle
Old 09-27-09, 11:29 AM
98023IS250
Pole Position

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

This worked for me......

Press Learn button on garage door opener (garage door was open and Learn button on mine is a red button). It's not hard to find but a pain as you need a step ladded). After pressing Learn button, the light will flash

Go to the car and press the Garage opener button (I used #1 under rear view mirror). I read somewhere here to press 3 times. It did not work. I repeated and must have pressed about 5 or 6 times. Then I pressed and held down the Garage door opener #1 and held it and garage door closed.

Quick Reply: Has anyone here had/has trouble with their homelink??