IS - 2nd Gen (2006-2013) Discussion about the 2006+ model IS models

Check VSC with less then 200miles! (resolved - gas cap not tight)

Search this Thread

Old 06-06-08, 12:39 PM
IceZ
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by caymandive
Yup, that is exactly what I saw. The dealership should be able to fix that fairly quick if the cap is defective. BTW..your traction really is off and I believe the car is running in some kind of open loop mode now.
Yep the guy on the phone didnt make it seem like it was a huge issue. Check no crazy driving...although im not sure the 250 AWD really has enough power to need traction control
Old 06-06-08, 01:35 PM
Tmirk
Pole Position

When I took delivery of my car same thing happened. Just about 200 miles onto the car.

Just check and make sure it is monitoring the correct sensors. Will take ya 1 minute!
Old 06-06-08, 01:54 PM
IceZ
Pole Position

Originally Posted by Tmirk
When I took delivery of my car same thing happened. Just about 200 miles onto the car.

Just check and make sure it is monitoring the correct sensors. Will take ya 1 minute!
How do you check that it is monitoring the correct sensors?
Old 06-06-08, 02:19 PM
Tmirk
Pole Position

Its the buttons to the left of the steering console. two arrows with a center button. Push the center button until disply shows tire pressure, then use the arrows to select.
Old 06-06-08, 03:09 PM
Pnuge88
Lexus Champion

Received 18 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by Bichon
PDI is pre-delivery inspection. It's a thorough check of the vehicle that the service department is supposed to do before it is delivered to you.

Unless you live very far from the dealer, I'd bring it back and have them look at it. They'll plug in their scan tool, read the trouble code (or codes), and determine why the light came on.
i do PDI's for the boss and trust me if theres no light on while we are doing it nothing is thoroughly checked.. we just do tire pressures (deflate/inflate), center caps, set your navi if applicable, body plugs, and print outs of the health check and tire pressure monitor system and thats it.. never inspected it once unless a code comes up on the TIS while we are printing out the health check.. lexus is crap lol delivery fees for cars is just pathetic for them doing barely anything
Old 06-06-08, 03:11 PM
Pnuge88
Lexus Champion

thats just for your TPMS that has nothing to do with VSC....
Old 06-06-08, 03:19 PM
Bichon
Super Moderator

Received 270 Likes on 239 Posts

I'm guessing nothing more than... drumroll please... tire pressure sensor. Make sure your monitoring set 1, and not set 2!!!!!

You can check by using the setting and arrows to the left of your steering console.
TPMS won't light the check engine light. Just the red exclamation mark and a warning on the small LCD display on the instrument panel.

Originally Posted by caymandive
Did you take the gas cap all the way off and then put it back on? That is what I did and the Check VSC immediately went away upon the next start. I also noticed along with the check VSC on that my traction control was disabled and all those lights were on as well.
The loose gas cap DTC (evap emissions leak) is just one of hundreds of possible codes, most of which have nothing to do with the gas cap. Always a good idea to check the gas cap first (because it's easy to do at home), but if that doesn't work it's time to get the dealer to hook up the Techstream.
Old 06-11-08, 12:10 PM
IceZ
Pole Position

***UPDATE***

Just went into the dealer this morning to drop the car off so they can look at the VSC error and install my sirius receiver.

I was watching the guy type the stuff into his computer and i saw the sirius came up as $0.00 since they are doing it at no charge (parts and labor). When he put the next line item (which i assume is for the VSC) i saw it come up to 89.95. Should i have to pay this on a car that isnt even a week old? He didnt mention anything about payment to me, but i would like to be prepared for when i go in there tomorrow.

On another note they were out of loaners at the dealer, so they called enterprise and i got a Kia Rondo...
Old 06-11-08, 12:28 PM
Joe Z
Lexus Fanatic

Received 1,064 Likes on 586 Posts

^^

You should expect to pay nothing to diagnosis the Check Engine / VSC Light

It does not hurt to call the service writer right now, to confirm this..

Old 06-11-08, 12:37 PM
chris07is
Pole Position

Received 92 Likes on 66 Posts
Wink warranty

Originally Posted by Joe Z
^^

you shouldn't be paying anything, especially when you just purchased it. Its a defective part. Kia rondo for rental car? everytime i go for a service they'll always lend me 400h or the ES...very odd
Old 06-11-08, 01:36 PM
IceZ
Pole Position

Originally Posted by Joe Z
^^

Well ill just see what they say tomorrow when i go to pick it up. No sense in making a big fuss about it until i know for sure they are going to try to charge me.

Originally Posted by chris07is
you shouldn't be paying anything, especially when you just purchased it. Its a defective part. Kia rondo for rental car? everytime i go for a service they'll always lend me 400h or the ES...very odd
Ya i guess they were out of loaners by the time i got there...9am. Of course when i was buying the car last week they were telling me how they have 80 loaner cars and when you come to have your lexus serviced you leave in a lexus (loaner). So its the Rondo for a day.
Old 06-11-08, 05:36 PM
Pnuge88
Lexus Champion

we have over a 100 loaners at LPB.. what a rip lol
Old 06-11-08, 06:07 PM
passnu2
Lexus Fanatic

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by IceZ
***UPDATE***

Just went into the dealer this morning to drop the car off so they can look at the VSC error and install my sirius receiver.

I was watching the guy type the stuff into his computer and i saw the sirius came up as $0.00 since they are doing it at no charge (parts and labor). When he put the next line item (which i assume is for the VSC) i saw it come up to 89.95. Should i have to pay this on a car that isnt even a week old? He didnt mention anything about payment to me, but i would like to be prepared for when i go in there tomorrow.

On another note they were out of loaners at the dealer, so they called enterprise and i got a Kia Rondo...

you are fine. Its a charge against warranty I just had my wifes TSX at the same dealer and they took care of everything. Her car turned out to be a temp sensor so they replaced that and put new coolant in. all was charged to warranty just like yours will be. You are in good hands at that dealer, trust me. I have dealt with them for 12+ years! Loaner cars can sometimes be an issue at any dealer and out their control. They put you in a car and took care of you! I like when I have similar situations as it makes me appreciate my car that much more when I pick it up.

Just wait till that new addition is done and they are back under one roof! I am working with them on a Chicago Meet and will let you know. Hope you can join us so we can all meet you!

Let me know how it goes!
Mike
Old 06-12-08, 10:16 AM
IceZ
Pole Position

You guys were right no charges. Even better news was i got a call from the service guy on my way home last night telling that they were able to find a sirius unit and put it in so the car was ready to be picked up.

I quickly turned the Kia around and had my car back, same day.

Passnu2 ya the new building looks awesome. Only problem is i live in Algonquin so its quite the trip for me to go out there for service. I might be using Woodfield Lexus since its on my way to work. Where do you guys normally have meets, i would be down to see some of your rides. BTW im a Mike too.

Thanks again everyone.
Old 06-12-08, 10:21 AM
Joe Z
Lexus Fanatic

Received 1,064 Likes on 586 Posts

So what was the real problem???

Joe Z

Quick Reply: Check VSC with less then 200miles! (resolved - gas cap not tight)