Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by llamaboiz
wow june 08 revive
well at least he searched instead of creating a new thread
Old 04-09-09, 01:52 PM
patrick323
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

You do not need to remove the bumper. If you have a little patience. If you are paranoid about scratching the paint way down low you might not want to do this.or put down some tape.

I wasnt sure so I tried. I'm sorry i didnt take any pictures of the process.

I used a flathead screwdriver and started with the upper clips from the outside in. The upper is the easiest. Just wedge the flathead between the lip of the grill and the bumper. Pull the lip down and push in to free it. The bottom is trickier. The grill has a groove all along the lip of it which the bumper fits into which is why it's suggested to take off bumper. Once the top was free I, again, used the screwdriver to wedge between the lower lip of the grill and bumper only this time pull up and inward. You have to angle the grill to pull it out. Getting it in was basically the same process reversed.

I know it's hard to visualize but basically you just need a little patience, elbow grease and faith that nothings going to go wrong..and it didn't even when I got a little rough with her

Last edited by patrick323; 04-09-09 at 02:06 PM.
Old 04-09-09, 02:00 PM
patrick323
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by smokyis350
I want laser jammer too. Which one did you go with? Did you install it yourself?
It's a beltronics rx-75 plus. it's sweeeeet. I didnt want to pay to have it done so I took it upon myself. Last weekend I took that grill off. mounted the two laser shifters in the lower grill (had to cut some mesh since they need an unobstructed view of the road) but it looks clean. There is also a radar unit that i mounted behind the main grill. Popped hood, took off covers..There wasnt quite enough clearance to get the radar unit up high enough. I looked around my garage, found a little black plastic box that an old clay bar came in. Mounted the box, then used bolts to secure the radar unit to that box (didnt drill into bumper used double 3m tape). The rear shifter mounts on the license plate. Drilled a hole behind the plate to run the wire. There is a speaker that I mounted behind the dash (along with a few other things), An LED which I mounted by my instrument panel (drilled a hole in that plastic surround and the LED is visible right through my steering wheel. The main display mounts where my ashtray used to be. I had to cut out the whole cigarette lighter portion to fit. Then of course there was a lot of wires to run (taking off backseat is pretty easy, etc. etc.) I'll post a new thread with some pics soon.

Last edited by patrick323; 04-09-09 at 02:07 PM.