IS - 2nd Gen (2006-2013) Discussion about the 2006+ model IS models

I got my first ticket in the IS. I hate cops...

Search this Thread

Old 06-13-08, 06:59 AM
Gernby
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I'm not going to criticize you for violating the law with your mods, but I think it is so friggin' cheesy to whine about a cop doing his job. I've gotten tickets like these too. It's just part of the cost of modding a car.
Old 06-13-08, 07:31 AM
Lilflip#2
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

If I was doing some that caught an officer's attention than I would completely understand. ^ But to get pulled over and harassed for violating absolutely no traffic laws is absolutely uncalled for in my opinion.

Pierce College is probably where I'm going to have to take my car. The only thing I am worried about is on my ticket is says that my car can not be driven. What will happen if I get pulled over again?
Old 06-13-08, 07:47 AM
4TehNguyen
Lexus Fanatic

Received 51 Likes on 46 Posts

not surprised that its a CA cop, only they would do this
Old 06-13-08, 08:01 AM
Gernby
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by Lilflip#2
If I was doing some that caught an officer's attention than I would completely understand. ^ But to get pulled over and harassed for violating absolutely no traffic laws is absolutely uncalled for in my opinion.
But you really were doing something that caught his attention ... driving with a loud exhaust. Most mods will increase attention from everyone, cops included. If you don't want to pay the price for that extra attention, don't mod your car.

Now I'm curious how old you are. By your "have your cake and eat it too" attitude, I suspect you are in your teens or early 20's.
Old 06-13-08, 08:18 AM
Lilflip#2
Pole Position

Gernby- does my age really matter? I am a car guy and modding is something makes me happy and is hobby of mine. The reason why I got pulled over is because the cops think I was at this Thursday night meet they have every Thursday in a shopping complex. I was driving by on the road in front of it and the cops were posted there waiting for people to leave. I guess they saw my car and one of the motorcycle cops decided it would be my lucky day.

To make matters worse, some guy cut me off by driving on the wrong side of the road and was flying. He got pulled over, but they let him go with a warning. I know it was a warning because he was pulled over right in front of me and was parked for 2 mins.
Old 06-13-08, 08:24 AM
passnu2
Lexus Fanatic

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Age has nothing to do with this...I just recently was pulled over for the 2nd time for tinted windows in my state. I was targeted in a group of cars in the middle of rush traffic early am. I suppose it was okay for the state trooper to EXCEED the speed limit (cut off a few others) to pull me over for Tinted Windows?? I was not going over the limit and in the middle of traffic? I also have a doctors note (medical condition) so its legit to have them!! Sometimes I do feel, regardless of age, the law enforcement makes some uncalled for and unsafe decisions. The smart *** look I got the whole time we talked and the "check" of my car when I have a front plate and I am with in state specs including my windows for medical reason.

Most of the cars I see in my state are BMW/Benz/ect...with middle age or older drivers with the windows tinted. So its not an age thing IMO.

To the OP I was reading a thread in the Perfomance Section that combfilter posted that shows your exhaust is lower then 95db? I would check it out and get some more info from HKS or off there site. Looks like you are okay there....The intake I think you will need to remove it as many are not CARB certified.
Old 06-13-08, 08:51 AM
Joneser
Driver

Hey don't blame the cop... Blame the Borg you call the CA legislature over there... soon you will be whiddled down to a Prius... "resistance is futile"
Old 06-13-08, 08:58 AM
ISF_GG
Lexus Champion

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

That's one of the reasons I'm not going to do much more than rims and coilovers. Even window tinting will get you a ticket anytime, anywhere. It's too bad really, cause I remember the good old days when cops didn't care what mods you had. Now, they want to nail you for everything if they get even half a chance. I know they're just doing their jobs, and that all of the street racing, way-crazy-modified-car-bone-headed-idiots have ruined it for all of us. Thanks for nothing.
Old 06-13-08, 09:07 AM
IS-MIKE
Driver

Depending on where you live age does have something to do with getting pulled over. Just as skin color does. Its profiling. The cops claim they don't do it but its done in some places. To claim otherwise is not true. Depends where you live though its not done everywhere.
The cop just found an excuse to pull you over to check your license for outstanding warrants and get you to pop the hood to look for stolen parts. Some of these cops really know their stuff and can spot mods that don't belong there especially if they're normally assigned to look for perpetrators at car meets. If you lie to the cop and and he smells a lie thats guaranteed to make them mad.
Old 06-13-08, 09:22 AM
Gernby
Lexus Champion

FWIW, I didn't mention age because I thought the cop was profiling you based on age. I mearly meant that it shows a significant level of immaturaty to complain about something that should be expected. I expect to get a ticket every year or so for not having a front license plate. You certainly won't hear me complain about the cops for doing their job.
Old 06-13-08, 09:30 AM
Joneser
Driver

Speaking as a young black male... yes profiling does happen... but personally I am glad it happens... cause I don't want to live in a PC world where the obvious has to be obscured and second guessed while someone's life could potentially be endanger because the cop has to stop and think about lawsuits and being fired.... nevermind the food they has to put on the table for his or her own kids...

Don't forget cops work their beat day in and day out.... do you ever stop to think how many times they have scene you and done nothing? You can't win for losing being a cop. And nevermind the individuals who are guilty of profiling and or stereotyping all cops as the same. Irony much?
Old 06-13-08, 09:43 AM
IS-MIKE
Driver

I tend to agree, if you choose not to follow the law be prepared for the consequences if they catch you, don't whine about it. But as for cops I think there are good ones and bad ones. But without cops there wouldn't be any order. For me they are a necessary unwelcome presence. Some people only behave because of the threat of the consequences.
Old 06-13-08, 09:53 AM
crzyis
Driver

Another worthless thread on CL.

STOP CRYING. You broke the law now face the consequences, the cop is just doing his job, if there were less of you out there that broke the law im sure we wouldn't need so many of them out on the road, but one can only wish.
Old 06-13-08, 10:00 AM
Ramon
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by crzyis
Another worthless thread on CL.

STOP CRYING. You broke the law now face the consequences, the cop is just doing his job, if there were less of you out there that broke the law im sure we wouldn't need so many of them out on the road, but one can only wish.
Agreed. I mean, if the cop harassed you because you called him "dude" and took away your skate board, I could understand your frustration, but in this case, he was doing his job. You may not have broken any traffic laws but other laws exist that aren't related to traffic and it's the officers job to enforce them all. FYI, an officer doing his job doesn't qualify as harassment.
Old 06-13-08, 11:15 AM
sirkfc
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

A lot of people have their mods because they want to push the limits of legality, maybe as some demonstrated form of non-conformity. You got mods that are barely legal (or illegal) cuz you are a rebel and nobody tells you what to do, and then complain about it when it turns out somebody actually CAN tell you what to do?

Come to think of it, wouldn't you be insulted if cops permitted your setup, meaning that you weren't pushing the envelope enough?

Quick Reply: I got my first ticket in the IS. I hate cops...