IS - 2nd Gen (2006-2013) Discussion about the 2006+ model IS models

I got my first ticket in the IS. I hate cops...

Search this Thread

Old 06-13-08, 07:31 PM
passnu2
Lexus Fanatic

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by Gernby

Passnu2, my dad is a doctor, and I could totally get whatever kind of BS doctor's note I wanted. I am not acusing you of fabricating BS excuses for cool mods, but I truly pray that you never drive at night because of your medical condition.
for the record my front window is not tinted...my side windows are and its safe for anyone to drive my car or tinted windows would not be allowed in any state. I live in a state that the law enforcement feels that anyone and everyone that has tinted windows is in a gang or something?? So because of this and people that like to abuse the system I pay the price. I am okay getting pulled over so they can do there job. Do your background search on me and what ever else you want them let me go on my merry way. I can have respect for this but to discriminate me because of personal preference and lifestyle, I have a big problem with it. My car is lowered but looks like the same as many BMW's on the road here. But that is just my opinion anyway...

Why does driving at night have anything to do with my medical condition?? again someone making an assumption just like the cop did Its easier for me to drive when its dark out so you know....hence the reason for the tinted windows and the sunglasses during the day

I hope that makes it more clear since I was not as detailed before. I'm just sharing my experience and everyone is in tilted their opinion

Mike
Old 06-13-08, 10:54 PM
Evitzee
Lexus Champion

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

Suck it up and quit yer' cryin'. You play....you pay. You're a big boy now.

Go Cubs !!!!!
Old 06-13-08, 11:02 PM
Lilflip#2
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'm not trying to sound like I'm crying. The only thing that bugged me is that the cops couldn't care less about non modded cars regardless of how reckless those owners were driving. Like I said, I'm not trying to sound like I'm crying but I am a little upset that I got hit w/ a ticket that says that I can't even drive my car until I get a smog check and a certificate. However it's my fault for thinking the Fujita F5 was carb legal. It just sucks how my car was just spotted and randomly messed with. They broke two clips to lift the plastic that reveals where the intake cone is as well.

The city it happend in was in Porter Ranch.. It's infested w/ cops but I drive by there all the time and never had a cop mess with me until last night w/ the car meets happening.

I know cops are doing their jobs and I respect that because they try to protect citizens from idiot drivers. But when 10-20 cops wait for people to leave the shopping complex or drive by w/ the slightest mods they will pull u over for whatever reason. They could care less about drivers with non modded cars that drive recklessly.
Old 06-14-08, 06:00 AM
passnu2
Lexus Fanatic

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by Evitzee
Suck it up and quit yer' cryin'. You play....you pay. You're a big boy now.

Go Cubs !!!!!
haha...didnt you post that you got pulled over for no front plate at one time why did you make that post if its the law in your state "suck it up" right
Old 06-14-08, 06:39 AM
Gernby
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by sr20****
I was about to post the same dam thing! Harleys are disgustingly loud.

What happen to the decimal level the officers religiously go by to give you that fixie ticket? Why does it not apply to the harleys, cuz it rolled out from the plant that way? Its a freaking double standard!
Harleys are not that loud from the factory. The really loud ones driving around have illegal modifications.
Old 06-14-08, 07:04 AM
Evitzee
Lexus Champion

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by passnu2
haha...didnt you post that you got pulled over for no front plate at one time why did you make that post if its the law in your state "suck it up" right
I did suck it up, I put the plate on the next day. My post didn't moan about me being picked on or singled out, only to relate that even out in the middle of nowhere you can be pulled over for an infraction. I wasn't immediately scheming of a way to avoid fixing the infraction. I got caught and I fixed the problem.
Old 06-16-08, 03:09 PM
XtrabOoSt
Lexus Test Driver

Dude Just Take Off Your Intake And Put Your Stock Back On Leave The Exhaust Its Legal Anyways..* Its Only a $10 Dollar Fix It Ticket If You Get It Checked Off The CHP But Thats Before You Head Down To A Referee Station All It Takes Is 15 Minutes Of BS They Will Probably Laugh At You Cuz That Exhaust Aint Even That Loud Trust Me I Got Pulled Over For The Same Ish I Was At A Ref Station 3 Weeks Ago (no charge)!.*
Old 06-16-08, 03:12 PM
07IS350
Pole Position

Thats too bad, but you did break the law.

GO LAKERS!!
Old 07-22-08, 01:04 PM
Ghost ES3
Rookie

most exhuast are below the decibel limit, so I say keep your exhuast on there. Your intake on the other hand isnt carb legal cause it doesnt have a carb sticker, even though it would pass smog anyways.

Take off the intake and take it to ref and you'll be fine. **** head cop with nothing better to do.

As far as teh harley's you guys are referring to, motocycles dont have a decibel limit, because it is safer for them to be loud so motorist can hear them cause it's harder to see them.

good luck
Old 07-22-08, 01:33 PM
ChrISF
Lexus Champion

Received 12 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by Ghost ES3
As far as teh harley's you guys are referring to, motocycles dont have a decibel limit, because it is safer for them to be loud so motorist can hear them cause it's harder to see them.

good luck
that i dont believe.....

motorcycles are way less common, so therefore, they are very easy to spot out.

IMO, i call BS on "cause its harder to see them" because whenever i see a motorcycle, 1) they are super easy to see on the road because its so much different than a car and 2) everyone always watches them as they drive by thinking to themselves either a)what a crazy idiot driving a motorocycle.....or b) sweet! i always wanted a motorcycle!
Old 07-22-08, 03:14 PM
Allen K
-0----0-

Received 755 Likes on 525 Posts

Bikes are harder to see because people on the roads (esp. in CA) aren't actively looking for them. Motorcycles do have a decibel limit, cops just choose not to enforce them against Harleys.

The reason why the loud exhaust argument is BS is because the exhaust is pointing in the wrong direction. The sound is traveling behind the bike so people next to it and behind it will hear it fine, thinking it will travel forward as well as a horn would is just delusional.
Old 07-22-08, 03:36 PM
VikH
Lexus Champion

Sorry, but I don't give a **** if you got a ticket for illegal exhaust and intake in CA. Saying that you "hate cops" because you did something that would obviously get you pulled over for in CA is stupid. If you don't like it, take that **** off. It doesn't do anything except annoy the **** out of people around you.

Cops put their life on the line everyday. Yes, there are some bad cops out there, but a lot of them do good work. This kind of stuff ("cops suck", "I hate cops") pisses me off to NO END. Generalizing that all cops a**holes because your car sounds like a rice rocket is stupid. When a cop saves your life from a bullet I am sure you would be singing a different tune.

GROW UP!
Old 07-22-08, 03:43 PM
ChrISF
Lexus Champion

Received 12 Likes on 6 Posts

well put
Old 07-23-08, 12:08 AM
Lilflip#2
Pole Position

Originally Posted by VikH
Sorry, but I don't give a **** if you got a ticket for illegal exhaust and intake in CA. Saying that you "hate cops" because you did something that would obviously get you pulled over for in CA is stupid. If you don't like it, take that **** off. It doesn't do anything except annoy the **** out of people around you.

Cops put their life on the line everyday. Yes, there are some bad cops out there, but a lot of them do good work. This kind of stuff ("cops suck", "I hate cops") pisses me off to NO END. Generalizing that all cops a**holes because your car sounds like a rice rocket is stupid. When a cop saves your life from a bullet I am sure you would be singing a different tune.

GROW UP!
Maybe the cops are different in Illinois

U obviously don't know Cali cops

But this is old news now, No need to bring up an old topic

The referee had some crazy stories he was telling me one for example being an M6 driver that keeps getting pulled over by the same cop for loud exhaust when his unit is factory

U are right, I generalized and that was completely immature. Most cops are good people. I just never had a good experience with them. Not only with tickets but when my house got robbed after we had gone out for the night it took 3 hours and 10 mins for two cops in one car to come. Called at 11, cops showed up at 2... sure it wasn't an emergency anymore but 3 hours..

I just don't like ******** cops that pull over people for any damn reason. My exhaust was 14db below the noise limit. I was doing nothing wrong. It "looked" loud. The intake was my fault and he had every reason to write me up for it. But my main grip was getting pulled over in the first place.

Lock thread.
Old 07-23-08, 07:45 AM
Lextasy89
Lexus Test Driver

i smell bacon!