IS - 2nd Gen (2006-2013) Discussion about the 2006+ model IS models

Need help - no sound out of my new subwoofer

Search this Thread

Old 06-15-08, 09:08 AM
VTLexus
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

i have pics, what would u want to see pics of? its very hard to make out the tappings in the pictures.
Old 06-15-08, 09:17 AM
passnu2
Lexus Fanatic

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

^^if you can post pics of where you got the leads so we can see the wire colors. And confirm if you are ML or Non-ML please.

I just want to make sure we have the correct wire colors.....then from there all you can do is simply cut the wires and twist them together and "test" it again. Maybe that isnt a bad idea anyway to just make sure your connections are not loose.

also a pic of the amp and where you are feeding the inputs. I dont mean this the wrong way but make sure you have it wired into the amp the correct way. I cant see how you have it but I assume you did not convert the line to RCA...The more you can post and give info the better I or anyone can help you on here. It will work
Old 06-15-08, 09:30 AM
VTLexus
Driver

i did use a LOC to convert to RCAs. i can only upload one pic at a time, so leadme upload a handful now to thsi thread.
Attached Thumbnails Need help - no sound out of my new subwoofer-picture-050.jpg  
Old 06-15-08, 09:31 AM
VTLexus
Driver

another of the tapping
Attached Thumbnails Need help - no sound out of my new subwoofer-picture-051.jpg  
Old 06-15-08, 09:32 AM
VTLexus
Driver

now with the LOC
Attached Thumbnails Need help - no sound out of my new subwoofer-picture-052.jpg  
Old 06-15-08, 09:33 AM
VTLexus
Driver

now the inputs into the amp. this doesnt show u the exact feeds, but the power is in the battery terminal, ground in ground, and remote in remote. rca's to the inputs, and speaker wires from the output to my sub.
Attached Thumbnails Need help - no sound out of my new subwoofer-picture-055.jpg  
Old 06-15-08, 09:58 AM
passnu2
Lexus Fanatic

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/sho...ht=wire+up+amp

^^check this thread out and scroll down on the first page and you can see the install of the amp and wires...this way you can double check the wires.

I would suggest to cut those wires and twist them together again. I personally would use a but end connector then put some electrical tape around it!

Does the LOC give you 2 or 4 rca's?
Old 06-15-08, 09:59 AM
passnu2
Lexus Fanatic

Also you did check to make sure the LOC worked in your friends car also?
Old 06-15-08, 09:59 AM
VTLexus
Driver

Originally Posted by passnu2
https://www.clublexus.com/forums/sho...ht=wire+up+amp

^^check this thread out and scroll down on the first page and you can see the install of the amp and wires...this way you can double check the wires.

I would suggest to cut those wires and twist them together again. I personally would use a but end connector then put some electrical tape around it!

Does the LOC give you 2 or 4 rca's?
LOC gives 2 rca's
Old 06-15-08, 10:02 AM
passnu2
Lexus Fanatic

Okay I say to undo your connection and follow the PINK and BROWN wires and make sure they get good connection. Dont solder or put a connector on them just yet.

let me know what this does. make sure the power is off on everything also.
Old 06-15-08, 10:04 AM
VTLexus
Driver

Also you did check to make sure the LOC worked in your friends car also?
did NOT make sure the LOC worked in my friends car. it is brand new also.

i can def try taking out all teh plugs, twisting them together, and seeing if that works. i am a bit nervous though cuz if cut too much, i wont have enough wire to actually make the connections.
Old 06-15-08, 10:06 AM
passnu2
Lexus Fanatic

I agree be careful. did you cut the wire the first time or just take off the insulation around the wire. maybe heat it back up with the solder iron so you dont have to cut so much or maybe not at all...

its possible the LOC is bad but if you do the wires that should weigh out that issue.
Old 06-15-08, 10:10 AM
VTLexus
Driver

Okay I say to undo your connection and follow the PINK and BROWN wires and make sure they get good connection. Dont solder or put a connector on them just yet.

let me know what this does. make sure the power is off on everything also.
pink and brown? shouldnt it be brown and lime green and then pink and sky blue?

as for connecting, i tried to remove the insulation, then make the loc connection. on two wires i accidently cut the wires so i used butt end connectors. on the other two i was able to solder b/c i only cut the insulation.

are you saying take those wires and feed them into the amp and bypass the loc?
Old 06-15-08, 10:42 AM
passnu2
Lexus Fanatic

so you have non-ml then according to this here are the wires you need to tap:

the NON ML version has two pairs, BROWN & LIME GREEN and PINK & SKY BLUE

do you have extra wire that you can run that feed to the amp and not through the LOC?

It looks like on the LOC you have the connectors. I would simply start all over from scratch...cut or do what you need to get to the wires to have the same wire set up as you do now. if that doesnt work...then skip the LOC and run the wires to the amp as L/R input (so long your amp allows it) to see what that does. It has to be the wire connections or the LOC is bad. I dont see anything else that could be causing the issue since the amp is powered up and you have tried all the other obvious things to check.

post back...
Old 06-15-08, 11:18 AM
VTLexus
Driver

so you have non-ml then according to this here are the wires you need to tap:

the NON ML version has two pairs, BROWN & LIME GREEN and PINK & SKY BLUE

do you have extra wire that you can run that feed to the amp and not through the LOC?

It looks like on the LOC you have the connectors. I would simply start all over from scratch...cut or do what you need to get to the wires to have the same wire set up as you do now. if that doesnt work...then skip the LOC and run the wires to the amp as L/R input (so long your amp allows it) to see what that does. It has to be the wire connections or the LOC is bad. I dont see anything else that could be causing the issue since the amp is powered up and you have tried all the other obvious things to check.

post back...

ok so i spliced into the connections going into the LOC, checked with with the dmm on vac, and i am seeing the values fluctuate b/w 0.1vac and 3vac. i am going to take this to mean the wire taps are OK. however, i get nothing on the rca's coming out of the loc, so the loc is prob bad (dont know how, it's brand new).

i do have extra wires but i'm not sure how to send them to the amp. if i choose to skip the LOC for now, i'd have to retap my original connections and do speaker wires into the amp.

Quick Reply: Need help - no sound out of my new subwoofer