Received 1 Like on 1 Post

remove the spare. It's FREE!
Old 06-19-08, 10:56 PM
Green Zach
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Dj_AmtraX
remove the spare. It's FREE!
i'm not sure if actually doing that would make me an idiot or not so please inform me lol cuz i WILL do it
Old 06-19-08, 11:55 PM
KeepGoing
Driver

What about this? http://www.sunautomobile.com/product...ypergauss.html . Looks pretty interesting
Old 06-20-08, 02:24 AM
Hartawan
Former Vendor

^^
dont fall for it!
Old 06-20-08, 05:49 AM
Kurtz
Lexus Fanatic

Received 14 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by KeepGoing
What about this? http://www.sunautomobile.com/product...ypergauss.html . Looks pretty interesting
After you buy that I've got a nice bridge to sell you
Old 06-20-08, 07:26 AM
Gernby
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Don't bother trying to scam your dad for more money. There's absolutely no way those mods would result in any measurable fuel savings.
Old 06-20-08, 08:18 AM
Jsy622
Driver School Candidate

You sound like you're in middle school. Just tell your dad that you need the parts so that you can get to school faster and you won't be late. Thats what I told my dad in high school to justify a turbo for my s2000 in high school. He didn't buy me the turbo but he did slap me. Are you taking all regular classes b/c then anyone can get a 94 avg. If not good job.
Old 06-20-08, 08:26 AM
GrandSedanFan
Instructor

Received 223 Likes on 155 Posts

You're in high school. It's summer. School's out. Get a damned job. Mow lawns. Sell crack. Whatever. If you're not willing to ask your parents for mod money, then go make it on your own. School out means you can work 9-5 M-F. I'm a full time college student and I work full time in the summer.They paid for gas for the GTO (racing that car every week meant at least 2 if not 3 fillups a week), and they'll pay for mods for the IS if I so choose. Hell, I'm at work right now.

The money's there, if you're willing to do what it takes to get it.
Old 06-20-08, 09:04 AM
tqlla3k
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by Green Zach
ok look... i'm not actualy interested in increaseing my MPG! al gore can go to hell for all i care! lol. i'm in high school and my dad got me an IS250 awd for having a 94% avj in school (which is good) / 17th birthday present. I just need to justify to him reasons for why i should get 2grand worth of ups lol. i'm a student so i cant rly get the money myself. basically, as long as the up will increase my mpg, be legal, and not void my warranty, i can get it lol. so ne ideas would be greatly appreciated
IS250 AWD? Engine mods are not going to get you much power at all.

Lightweight wheels and tires would work... but you will probably have to stick with 17s to see gains(because 18s are generally heavier).
Old 06-20-08, 11:45 AM
wkw84
Driver

hey i want to buy the f-sport air intake and exhaust but i was wundering if they increase or decrease your fuel efficiency. i know the intake does by a bit but i want to know if the exhaust will to. if they do than the parts are basically free because they will pay for themselves after a period of time. for example... lets say i get 20mpg now and pay 3000$ per year for gas. if gas costs 3$ per gallon then i used 1000 gallons of gas and traveled 20,000 miles. If my fuel economy increased to 25mpg and i traveled the same distance of 20,000 miles then i would only use 800 gallons of gas costing me 2400$ saving me 600$ that year on gas. now seeing as i just pulled these numbers out of my *** (though the math is correct) the savings are probably inaccurate because gas price isn't exact, i don't necessarily have 20mpg or will have 25mpg in the future and don't travel 20,000 miles per year etc... but you get the math/point. if the numbers are accurate or close to accurate than after one year, the fuel intake pays for itself and after 3 years, both products pay for themselves and i start saving money. i just want to know if the exhaust will help my fuel efficiency (not to mention performance lol)

For a kid with a 94 average, you should really learn the difference between "than" and "then", but I digress...
I think that those parts would be almost negligible when factoring the before and after MPG, and I really doubt that you would be able to get anywhere near 5 extra MPG, even if it did increase... I agree with panyo64, if you want stuff, just work for it. It is summer after all. Become a stripper, sell drugs, or work at the local supermarket or do something.

Last edited by wkw84; 06-20-08 at 11:49 AM.
Old 06-20-08, 12:00 PM
Green Zach
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by wkw84
For a kid with a 94 average, you should really learn the difference between "than" and "then", but I digress...
I think that those parts would be almost negligible when factoring the before and after MPG, and I really doubt that you would be able to get anywhere near 5 extra MPG, even if it did increase... I agree with panyo64, if you want stuff, just work for it. It is summer after all. Become a stripper, sell drugs, or work at the local supermarket or do something.
yea sorry i'm not amazing with languages. my left brain got all the horsepower lol. Oh and by the way my course line up is calculus and vectors, physics 12, chemistry 12, biology 12, advanced functions, english 12 (i hate this one), economics 12, and health sciences. the last 2 are not bad but the other ones? dont tell me its easy getting a 94 average with these courses guy lol
Old 06-20-08, 12:03 PM
Green Zach
Driver School Candidate

oh and i cant get a job... I'm doing volunteer work at a hospital's research section starting 5 days from now. looks good for medical school but mb getting a pimped out ride could look just as good?
Old 06-20-08, 12:15 PM
GrandSedanFan
Instructor

Received 223 Likes on 155 Posts

yea sorry i'm not amazing with languages. my left brain got all the horsepower lol. Oh and by the way my course line up is calculus and vectors, physics 12, chemistry 12, biology 12, advanced functions, english 12 (i hate this one), economics 12, and health sciences. the last 2 are not bad but the other ones? dont tell me its easy getting a 94 average with these courses guy lol
Wait until you get to college and you're taking physics classes where you're expected to get 30s on everything and have the professor curve accordingly. How about chemistry classes where you have 2 hours to answer 50 multiple choice questions on an exam, and each question has 10 choices, each minutely different from one another, and that is one of two exams that determines your entire grade for the semester. No homework, no extra credit. Or classes where you're have to write 36 pages throughout the course of the semester. Now put those three classes on your schedule for one semester.

Congrats, you're only at 10 credits, not even full time. You'll need another class on top of this to hit full time.

Now balance that with more freedom than you've ever known, not living at home, probably living on a cash line from your parents.

Now try maintaining a 3.8 average. Then I'll be impressed.

My point, you ask? Don't rip your dad off. Tell him that you'd like to do a few things to the car. If he says "sure son, you've been making great grades, why don't you play with the car a little," then there ya go. If he says "absolutely not, I just bought/leased/stole you a brand new Lexus you ungrateful ****," then get a job.

EDIT: Honestly, medical school is gonna care a lot more about your MCATs and your college GPA than a volunteer internship you did in high school.

Oh, and 5 days a week? What do you do with your other two days? Can you do manual labor? I'm about to pick up a job with my father to build a deck for 2000 bucks cash and we're gonna split it down the middle. And we both work 5 days a week in offices. I just need a little something to buttress my paycheck. Something has to pay for the hookers and blow.

Last edited by GrandSedanFan; 06-20-08 at 12:22 PM.
Old 06-20-08, 12:25 PM
Hartawan
Former Vendor

anyone want some
Old 06-20-08, 12:27 PM
Buds
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by Hartawan
anyone want some
TO Wants some Popcorn!