IS - 2nd Gen (2006-2013) Discussion about the 2006+ model IS models

New to Club Lexus

Search this Thread

Old 06-21-08, 12:59 PM
kobi2002
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New to Club Lexus

Hello. I just got an is350 2 weeks now and got to say i love the car even though its the wife's. I got nav but no hid. I love ti=his site. It has alot of info I've been reading over the last few weeks and is slowly soaking things in right now. One question I want to know is, is it possible to put the vent seats in the car from a crashed is250 ? I loved those seats and I'm hating myself for not getting it. anyway looking foward to talking to ya'll
Old 06-21-08, 01:03 PM
slee18
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

fluxx is trying to do that now. he is having problems getting it to work.

Welcome to the CL
Old 06-21-08, 01:08 PM
kobi2002
Pole Position

Originally Posted by slee18
fluxx is trying to do that now. he is having problems getting it to work.

Welcome to the CL
Thanks man Also do you know if you can put the dvd changer from the ML to play movies in the car
Old 06-21-08, 01:14 PM
slee18
Lexus Test Driver

do you have a ml & nav now?

there is a hack for that too work. check the dyi stickie it might help you find it.
Old 06-21-08, 01:31 PM
kobi2002
Pole Position

Originally Posted by slee18
do you have a ml & nav now?

there is a hack for that too work. check the dyi stickie it might help you find it.
No I just have nav. I read that somone got a dvdchanger by accident from the dealer and it worked on their non ML. The dyi stickie only shows if you had it you can hack to watch the dvd while driving
Old 06-21-08, 01:45 PM
slee18
Lexus Test Driver

If you have the nav you have a dvd changer in it. the no-nav dont have the only have a cd changer regardless if ml or non/ml system.

NAV have to be dvd because the software updates are via a dvd.
Old 06-21-08, 04:22 PM
kuuqi
Lead Lap

First, welcome you and your wife to CL. Second, congratulations on the car.

To tell you the truth, I almost never use my vented seats so don't feel down. They're great for cooling down your seats in the summer heat quick but with the normal A/C, you'll feel fine. In fact, I feel cold at times.

As for your DVD question, non-ML navigation systems will not play DVD's. There's a DVD drive inside the navigation you have now but it's solely used for the navigation disk. Now this maybe disappointing but the DVD can only be used if your car is parked with the E-brake on (neutral with E-brake on manual IS's). There is navigation hack, two seperate hacks that allow videos to be watched while driving and browse through audio/video files and also allow the navigation to be used while driving (as in inputting addresses).

With this hack, you can also buy an sl2vi kit from vaistech. This kit allows you to plug in your ipod to play music and videos right on the navigation screen. Some wiring will need to be done but it can be done.

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=347252
You can read this post to see it in action. If you are okay with modding your IS, this kit will be perfect for you.
Old 06-21-08, 05:15 PM
slee18
Lexus Test Driver

thx for the clarification kuuqi! i thought it was capable. learn something new everyday
Old 06-21-08, 05:37 PM
kobi2002
Pole Position

Originally Posted by kuuqi
First, welcome you and your wife to CL. Second, congratulations on the car.

To tell you the truth, I almost never use my vented seats so don't feel down. They're great for cooling down your seats in the summer heat quick but with the normal A/C, you'll feel fine. In fact, I feel cold at times.

As for your DVD question, non-ML navigation systems will not play DVD's. There's a DVD drive inside the navigation you have now but it's solely used for the navigation disk. Now this maybe disappointing but the DVD can only be used if your car is parked with the E-brake on (neutral with E-brake on manual IS's). There is navigation hack, two seperate hacks that allow videos to be watched while driving and browse through audio/video files and also allow the navigation to be used while driving (as in inputting addresses).

With this hack, you can also buy an sl2vi kit from vaistech. This kit allows you to plug in your ipod to play music and videos right on the navigation screen. Some wiring will need to be done but it can be done.

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=347252
You can read this post to see it in action. If you are okay with modding your IS, this kit will be perfect for you.
Thanks . I love the car and feel to give my wife my 07 TL-s. This car is fast as heck and the brakes are sharp to. it almost reminds me of the Evo IX I just sold to get this for my wife
Old 06-21-08, 06:23 PM
passnu2
Lexus Fanatic

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Welcome to CL officially and congrats on the new car!

WE NEED SOME PICS!!!! Post us some pics of the new ride and the TL together! We love to see photos on here

If you wanted to get the ventialted seats another member is installing them in his car. I was PM him back and forth and I asked him to post a DIY thread and let us know how it goes. So if you really want this feature/option there may just be a way

The dvd you can get an aftermarket DVD player with a switch and have a professional aftermarket stereo shop install it. I did this in a few of my past Acura TL's and never had any troubles with it. You should do it in the TL also if you have the Navi...

So how do you like the TLS? I had 4 TL's (TL, TLS, TL-Aspec, ect....) I had nothing but problems with mine. Went through so many trans that when I got the Aspec model with the body style change Acura bought me out of my leased TLS and gave me $$ towards the new car. For the money and the amount of miles I was driving for work it was a practical car. Its too bad and I dont think I will ever purchase one again. The IS reminds me of it in a few ways and the rattles here and there remind me of the TL.

So any mods or plans to dress the new IS up??

Mike
Old 06-22-08, 07:13 AM
kobi2002
Pole Position

Originally Posted by passnu2

WE NEED SOME PICS!!!! Post us some pics of the new ride and the TL together! We love to see photos on here

If you wanted to get the ventialted seats another member is installing them in his car. I was PM him back and forth and I asked him to post a DIY thread and let us know how it goes. So if you really want this feature/option there may just be a way

The dvd you can get an aftermarket DVD player with a switch and have a professional aftermarket stereo shop install it. I did this in a few of my past Acura TL's and never had any troubles with it. You should do it in the TL also if you have the Navi...

So how do you like the TLS? I had 4 TL's (TL, TLS, TL-Aspec, ect....) I had nothing but problems with mine. Went through so many trans that when I got the Aspec model with the body style change Acura bought me out of my leased TLS and gave me $$ towards the new car. For the money and the amount of miles I was driving for work it was a practical car. Its too bad and I dont think I will ever purchase one again. The IS reminds me of it in a few ways and the rattles here and there remind me of the TL.

Mike
Thats funny cause this is my 4th tl As well. I had an 05 that the dealer had to change a defective windshield and ended up destroying my car. They gave me an 06 in it's place which I changed out the master cylinder, powersteering, window regulator, Abs motor, and somthing else. Then I got an 07 TL-s with six speed. I did not like the feel of the clutch since I'm use to evo's and such. They took it from me with no questions and now I have a 5at TL-s. Yes now the only thing I deal with is the rattles. I think when I'm done with this tl I will only buy my cars if they were assembled in japan. I have a rattle in the rear view mirror on the IS but this car was put together great in my book. Not knocking my tl cause for the value of what you get can't be beat and its very roomy. I'll post some pic's maybe today. it rained alot here in south florida and both cars are dirty right now.
Old 06-22-08, 07:17 AM
kobi2002
Pole Position

Originally Posted by passnu2

Mike
Your in Chi town? I use to live in evanston years ago. Boy do I miss that place! The only thing I don't miss is the weather
Old 06-22-08, 09:19 AM
Brian231
Lexus Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Welcome to CL. I was trying to help Fluxx with his seat conversion and it seems to be a little trickier than expected but will work.
Old 06-22-08, 10:00 AM
kobi2002
Pole Position

Originally Posted by Brian231
Welcome to CL. I was trying to help Fluxx with his seat conversion and it seems to be a little trickier than expected but will work.
Please let me know when you guys hit it. I would love to have this option.
Old 06-22-08, 10:03 AM
Brian231
Lexus Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by kobi2002
Please let me know when you guys hit it. I would love to have this option.
The only real small issue was the location of a access point around the fusable link to hook-up the seat harness. Fluxx has a schematic. I am sure he will have it figured out in a day or two. I was taking picture with my Blackberry and sending them to him in Florida and we both still scratched our heads. i think he will post a DIY upon completion.

Quick Reply: New to Club Lexus