IS - 2nd Gen (2006-2013) Discussion about the 2006+ model IS models

New Owner, Need some help

Search this Thread

Old 06-24-08, 08:39 AM
rich_4
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New Owner, Need some help

Hey everyone, I'm new, so first of all - I don't have any stupid questions, I've read tons of posts on here, and I know - the search function works

I was a member of fjcruiserforums.com for 2 years, and contributed a lot on that forum. I had to sell my FJ because after thousands in mods my MPG hit rock bottom at like 10..and that's on premium. It was time for it go, so I sold the FJ and bought an IS350 on e-bay.

It's got some mods on it, and I'm still trying to figure them all out. I did all the mods on the FJ myself, so I'm familiar with a lot of the Toyota systems. My first impressions of the IS are great, but I have a few questions.

It has the Greddy SP2 exhaust, 18 ACE wheels on 225's in the front and 265's in the back. Carbon fiber emblems (ebay) and some type of spoiler(still haven't figured that one out). The dealer told me it had an aftermarket suspension, and it has a TRD sticker under the side mirrors, but I can't find a TRD suspension for the IS on the website..so I'm not sure. Although it does look like it might've just been dropped an inch with a spring kit or something. Fujita CAI, and I think that's it.

I'm going to red out the tails asap. but my questions deal more with lighting.
I have the yellow fogs, and I think I have the lexus HID's because when I turn them on they flash very quickly, warm up for 2-3 seconds and then they're super white. One of my fog-lights its out, and I'm sick of the yellow fogs from the FJ anyway. I found this kit on e-bay..does anyone have any experience? I just want white fogs that are still connected to the factory harness so I keep the factory switch.
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ENON-...spagenameZWDVW

I'm trying to find the bulb size on the lights underneath the side mirrors that come on when you unlock the car. I want to replace them with LED's, does anyone know that type of bulb fits there?

The car has footwell lighting when the lights are turned on, I didn't know if this was stock or if the previous owner had installed it.

And last, my VSC check engine light is on. With the FJ there was enough room to lay underneath it and usually spot or fix the problem..no such luck here. I'm going to take it into my local lexus dealer and see what the problem is, it's still under warranty. But I didn't know if the larger wheels/tires could've thrown it off?

Thanks for all comments/help. I'm looking forward to becoming part of this forum like I was on the FJ forums. Cheers
Old 06-24-08, 09:36 AM
slee18
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

nice ride rich. I am sorry i can help you out with the light. The lighting guru llama probably isnt even up yet. Hey is the man with a lot of knowledge. I believe he has hids on the fogs.

I am using piaa extreme white halogens for the fog
Old 06-24-08, 11:01 AM
rich_4
Driver School Candidate

thanks.

Hopefully he can give me some advice when he logs on.

I had the PIAA extreme whites in my headlights on the FJ, they're good bulbs.
Old 06-24-08, 11:14 AM
rich_4
Driver School Candidate

I looked at it again..
I need a foglight system with a completely new housing/lamp/bulb and everything.. Ideally one that still works with the factory harness, but I'd say that's going to be impossible to find.

Looks like the previous owner messed up the drivers side fog, the clips that hold it in aren't holding very well at all, and it doesn't turn on.
Old 06-24-08, 12:43 PM
T-Rex06
Ho Motorsports

Received 15 Likes on 11 Posts

Welcome Rich!

Here's the link that will tell you pretty much all the LED bulbs sizes you will need to replace in your car.

TRD doesn't make any suspension component for our cars. The previous owner probably installed aftermarket springs such as Eibach, Tein or Tanabe.

I would suggest going with MobileHID kit for your fog lights. Cliffud is his screen name here and he's one of the vendors on Club Lexus. You can get a great deal on the HID kit from him and his customer service is nothing shy of impressive. Enjoy!

Terrance
Old 06-24-08, 01:10 PM
slee18
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

check ebay they sometimes have a used one that will work. Not sure if i would use the oem replacements though. been looking for a tail light since the car was place scraped the top of the lens and is now white.

The expense route buy some JDM fog lights from carson. they are hids with led drl integrated into them