IS - 2nd Gen (2006-2013) Discussion about the 2006+ model IS models

Going to the Windy City

Search this Thread

Old 06-26-08, 08:21 AM
tcho82
Lexus Test Driver

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Let's not forget Portillos!!! The best polish sausage and cheese fries HANDS DOWN!

I'd also say White Castle for the EXPERIENCE..... Or if you find yourself out and about at 3 am.....

Maxwell's is great, but damn is it artery clogging.... Might not want to drive the Lexo to the area though..... Although its not really THAT bad anymore. The immediate area is actually pretty nice. Just the random characters around there more so.

Damn I'm missing Chicago. I think I need to get some tickets for a food trip.
Old 06-26-08, 08:30 AM
tcho82
Lexus Test Driver

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by VikH
The porterhouse for 2 at Bob Chins is amazing! It also comes with crab legs or something else. Try it.
I had the porterhouse once. Let's just say I left very happy, but couldn't move afterwards...

My favorite meal there is the King Crab legs and Strip Steak dinner. For like $28 its the best combo ever. The steak is better than the crab, and the crab is amazing.

Here is my list of MUST TRY items.

-Garlic Butter Rolls (but refrain from seconds if you want to have any room for anything afterwards, I've have thirds and not had enough room for my meal.....They're that good)
-Above mentioned meal.
-Sea Bass
-Crab Cakes
-Depending on Season they usually have some exotic lobster tail choices
-Don't leave without trying Bobs Slice of Paradise I think they call it? (Bobs Pie) is what I always call it and ask for. Soooo good.

I'd skip the stone crab claws(not enough meat). The other crab choices are good, but nothing beats king crab in my book.

Have fun dude.