Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

My Favorite: AFS, back up camera.

Least Favorite: Stupid voice command!!
Old 06-27-08, 02:49 PM
DaveGS4
Forum Administrator

Received 2,238 Likes on 1,357 Posts

You said you saw the bars moving while you were driving but didn't notice any changes in the sound level. Thats because the ASL was changing the sound level (raising, lowering) to keep the radio volume at the same sound level you had it set at, regardless of the other sounds in the cabin. It doesn't crank it up, just makes minor adjustments to try to keep it at the same level.

Just found it funny that you gave the exact definition of the feature doing what it is supposed to do in your original post... It's certainly OK if you like ASL the least; your car, your opinion
Old 06-27-08, 02:53 PM
projectdna
Lexus Fanatic

Received 24 Likes on 22 Posts

most: a toss-up between 306 hp and the nav/ML package.

least: nav lock-out while moving (unless you do the override finger dance)
Old 06-27-08, 02:55 PM
Fizzboy7
Lexus Test Driver

Received 167 Likes on 99 Posts

Originally Posted by greg0723
i dont have the lux or sport package so i LOVEEE my cooled seats it is my fav feature. I really think the ASL (adaptive sound level) on the radio was a waste of thier time even thinking of. i dont notice my radio getting louder when that is on. i see the 3 little reception signals go up and down but it does not help. pointless and a waste of money if you ask me.
Likes: Trip computer, heated seats, keyless ignition, steering wheel audio controls, and Homelink.

Dislikes: Cooled seats do not cool, trip computer only displays one thing at a time... can't see temp and mileage at the same time (stupid!). The stock radio has a lot of issues... displays washes out when sunroof is open (or any sunlight reaches in), ASL doesn't work, and RDS is worthless. The whole system requires too much time with eyes off the road.
And as nice as the keyless ignition is, the whole process takes longer to get in the car than just disarming it as you walk up to it.

Last edited by Fizzboy7; 06-27-08 at 08:44 PM.
Old 06-27-08, 03:13 PM
CrazyIS
Rookie

Favorite: ML/Nav, How soft my leather is. Actual look of our car.

Least: Our ECU. Can't change anything on our engine without a check engine light coming on and we cant change settings yet.
Old 06-27-08, 05:28 PM
Enginerd
Driver

Favorite: ML/NAV, AFS, 306hp, Ventilated / heated seats, start button

Least: Rattling moonroof, the way the wind channels through the car with front windows open. I've always had coupes, and love windows down. But the wind is really intense in the IS with the windows down, even with the rears cracked down...I know, I'm wierd. But I think it is because of the shorter window opening in a sedan relative to drivers position? My gils 07 Cmary SE is not nearly as bad though...bums me out cause I love cruising with windows open, but if you go over 40 mph it's just too intense.

Last edited by Enginerd; 06-27-08 at 06:04 PM.
Old 06-27-08, 06:15 PM
Cali2is
Advanced

Received 32 Likes on 26 Posts

Favorite = ML/Nav and the whole interior. Best I've seen. Soft leather.

Least = 4 doors. Wish it came in a 2 door. This is the first 4 door I've bought for me to drive. My wife usually gets the 4 door vehicle. PAINT CHIPS way too easily... But I still love the car though!!
Old 06-27-08, 06:30 PM
Byprodrive
Lexus Champion

Received 34 Likes on 28 Posts

Engine, Transmission, Handling, Brakes, panel gaps,stainless exhaust,cupholder concealment, exceed expectations!

Navi, ventalated seats, irregular tire wear, trunk mat, disappointing
Old 06-27-08, 06:54 PM
llamaboiz
Lexus Fanatic

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Most: Everything

Least: ive changed everything i dont like already so im all G
Old 06-27-08, 07:20 PM
eric_r_ho
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Wish the motor was louder and the redline was higher. Wish the leather wasn't so easily torn/cut/scratched. The sunroof rattles when the glass itself isn't open just the sliding cover. The side view mirrors are gigantic and strangely mounted on the door. Car sits a bit high for factory. Voice on the navi could be a bit sexier, that's honestly about it. Everything else about the car I absolutely love..
Old 06-27-08, 08:16 PM
slowandlow
Lead Lap

fav key less entry/start, nav, and rolling down windows from fob
least fav cant roll up windows from fob, and no remote start
Old 06-28-08, 06:03 AM
Lexus Test Driver

Received 6 Likes on 3 Posts

Highs: Ventilated seats are great once the interior is cooled down; interface through Nav for climate control, radio, etc. are among the best I've seen in any car; engine is smooth and exceeds expectations; seats are very comfortable on long trips; reliability is definitely above average; ML audio rivals systems in much more expensive vehicles.

Lows: Rattles negatively impact an otherwise great experience; fit and finish could be a little better on interior components; Lexus designs cars with little regard to convenient storage (arm rest storage sucks, one shallow cup holder).

Looking at the "lows" list, Lexus could quite easily make this car practically perfect by adding some materials to eliminate rattles (which they KNOW how to do!!), and doing some very minor interior design adjustments. It's a pleasure to drive and own.
Old 06-28-08, 07:37 AM
Brian231
Lexus Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Enginerd
Favorite: ML/NAV, AFS, 306hp, Ventilated / heated seats, start button

Least: Rattling moonroof, the way the wind channels through the car with front windows open. I've always had coupes, and love windows down. But the wind is really intense in the IS with the windows down, even with the rears cracked down...I know, I'm wierd. But I think it is because of the shorter window opening in a sedan relative to drivers position? My gils 07 Cmary SE is not nearly as bad though...bums me out cause I love cruising with windows open, but if you go over 40 mph it's just too intense.
The gen 1 had a very bad wind intensity while having the windows down due to design from my expereience.
Old 06-28-08, 09:16 AM
XhyDra
Lexus Test Driver

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Most: Overall design of the car, Nav, Steering wheel, PWR Mode
soft leather seats, the compliments after it's washed & waxed ;]
Keyless entry for quick get away, handling!

Least: Annoying rattles, squeaky breaks, Moon roof rattle,
it's a task keeping it clean (stupid morning dew & dust combined)
Nav lock, oh yeah for some reason it attracts bugs???
Old 06-28-08, 10:12 AM
DrGP
Driver

What I like most is the Matador Red Mica paint. IMHO, it is the best looking RED paint I have ever seen on a production car. What I like least is the brake dust on the front wheels and the rear view mirror vibration. Not a fan of the OEM Bridgestone tires either. Good thing that they wear out quickly. Then you can put on tires that you actually like.
Attached Thumbnails What do you like the MOST and LEAST about the IS features-lexus-and-bmw-003.jpg  

Quick Reply: What do you like the MOST and LEAST about the IS features