IS - 2nd Gen (2006-2013) Discussion about the 2006+ model IS models

AVS Seamless Ventvisor - closest thing to JDM window visors??

Search this Thread

Old 09-11-11, 12:21 PM
Stylnhonda
Lexus Test Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Inspire...did you end up getting the AVS Visors?
Old 09-11-11, 02:07 PM
Nelly
Instructor

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by Stylnhonda
Inspire...did you end up getting the AVS Visors?

Took this yesterday lol
Old 09-11-11, 02:28 PM
Stylnhonda
Lexus Test Driver

Nice! How is the fitment on the 2011? I know it should be the same as others but just wondering about the clips. Do you happen to have any up close pics of them installed?

I still can't decide on JDM or AVS.
Old 09-11-11, 10:46 PM
2slixx
Lexus Test Driver

Nice! How is the fitment on the 2011? I know it should be the same as others but just wondering about the clips. Do you happen to have any up close pics of them installed?

I still can't decide on JDM or AVS.
JDM if you have the mooonehs! AVS is the poorman's fix.
Old 09-12-11, 12:15 PM
fluffybear
Driver School Candidate

ordering mine from amazon...$109.15 with free shipping
Old 09-14-11, 07:42 PM
istarzan
Instructor

Just installed mine. Indeed there is a fitment issue with the tab that goes into the mirror plastic, where the visors meet the mirror plastic thingy. It wouldn't fit flush. I had to dremel about a inch off the tab and now it fits perfect.

Old 09-14-11, 08:11 PM
sypheed
Driver School Candidate

does anyone know where i can find these in canada? amazon.com doesnt ship here =(
Old 09-14-11, 09:40 PM
2slixx
Lexus Test Driver

^Ebay! search avs visor is250

BTW Does anyone have a headon shot with avs visor or a full rear shot of avs visor? I wanna see how much the ends and side panels stick out.
Old 09-15-11, 05:41 AM
Stylnhonda
Lexus Test Driver

The only issues where with the front door visors? Any pics of what you had to dremel? Mine are in the mail!
Old 09-15-11, 10:47 PM
istarzan
Instructor

The only issues where with the front door visors? Any pics of what you had to dremel? Mine are in the mail!
I didn't take pics of the dremeling but its like a tab that slides into the mirror plastic. The mirror plastic is lower than the tab, so the tab won't fit. It will fit but not flush, so you'd have to cut the top portion off, about an inch. When you install them, you will see. Below is a pic I found.

Old 09-15-11, 10:50 PM
MyIS350G
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

both look soo nice, im probably gonna pick up a set
Old 09-16-11, 03:56 AM
MrBBQ
Lexus Test Driver

I had a set of AVS visors that I removed and replaced with real jdm visors. As is from the box, the tab istarzan is talking about won't let visor sit flush. I also had to measure and dremel off a section of that tab. Without dremeling the tab, it puts a lot of stress on the triangular molding and upper door molding. The triangular molding and upper door molding do not sit inline flush so I do not know why AVS designed it like this. Dremeling the tab gets it to fit perfectly, it should have came this way out of the box..

2nd, the chrome trim on the AVS visors are CHEAP. The straight cut at the ends are not what I'm talking about. The chrome trim is covered by a thick clear vinyl and within a month of having them on, this clear vinyl starts peeling away at the edges where it has been cut and the underneath exposed chrome turns dull grey. No the clear vinyl isn't something I was suppose to peel away after installing. I originally thought it was and I peeled it off on one of the visors where it had the most peeling. Within a couple of days, the chrome on that visor turned dull grey.

3rd, Within that same month of having it on the car, I notice the front passenger window hits the visor edge on the way up and then going back down due to the windows sensing a blockage (safety feature onour cars). This is extremely irritating as I would have to push the visor outward just so the window can close. It wasn't like this for two weeks, maybe the visors warp slowly from the sun? I fixed this by dremeling the area of the visor edge so the window won't hit it.

Sorry for the long rant but just sharing my experience with the AVS visors. Sure they are inexpensive compared to the jdm visors, but IMO can be made better. I don't think they are worth the $100. I love my jdm visors, sure they are expensive but these things are quality! Where it connects to the triangular molding has a rubber seal to seal out water. The chrome trim is really a metal trim, unlike the AVS rubbery chrome trim. And these should not warp, the upper part of the trim has a metal plate so the visor doesn't flex so much. Anybody else encountered the many problems I had with the AVS visors?
Old 09-16-11, 09:56 AM
Stylnhonda
Lexus Test Driver

Thanks for the info! Wondering as well if anyone else has had these issues?
Old 09-16-11, 01:42 PM
istarzan
Instructor

I too noticed that the chrome trimming was cheap. It was just a plain cut. Kinda surprised there was no tapering off at the ends, just an unfinished cut. I'm worried that it will start flaking. I didn't have it long enough for it to warp. Hmm. I guess I'll see.
Old 09-16-11, 02:39 PM
AKhanis350
Driver

OMG MY BFF JILL!!!

i just ordered some!

Quick Reply: AVS Seamless Ventvisor - closest thing to JDM window visors??