IS - 2nd Gen (2006-2013) Discussion about the 2006+ model IS models

Road and Track 0-60 time of 4.9 seconds.

Search this Thread

Old 07-02-08, 06:15 AM
caymandive
11 Second Club

Received 72 Likes on 35 Posts

Originally Posted by SikTT
WHAT?!?!?!

For every 100lbs lost knocks off .1

How is it different for a IS350 than any other car?????????

And 10rwhp for every 10 degree drop? Where did you get this from? I am very curious now. It's like a 1% change in power.
I've come to these conclusions based on the several days at the track and on the dyno. I remove the spare/jack/tools total weight of 36lbs and I consistently see a 1/10th gain in 1/4 mile times. The front passenger seat is 65lbs and I ran a 12.8. I put the seat back in and ran a 13.0. This is why I did my lightweight battery project because it saved me 26.5lbs.

As for the approximate 10hp (actual 8) for every 10 degrees take a look at my uncorrected dyno chart below. This along with how the times increase with the lower temps in my dyno journal pretty much back this up.

Old 07-02-08, 06:23 AM
AKIS350
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Yea the '07 and '08 models now have the switch you press on for 3 sec to turn off VDIM completely.
Meowcat wat switch are you talking about that turns off the VDIM.
Old 07-02-08, 06:29 AM
SikTT
Driver School Candidate

when you ran your 13.0 what was ur 60ft? what did you trap? was it on the same day? If it was on the same day was it before you took your seat out.

Cause 30lbs does not equate to .2 drop off your 1/4 mile. Was this at MIR?

Explain the 20 degree drop in temperature on the same day. Actually wrong question.. I should say is where did u dyno if u are in NovA.. cause i can understand a 20 degree drop in ambient temp

Last edited by SikTT; 07-02-08 at 06:33 AM.
Old 07-02-08, 06:31 AM
caymandive
11 Second Club

when you ran your 13.0 what was ur 60ft? what did you trap? was it on the same day? If it was on the same day was it before you took your seat out.

Cause 30lbs does not equate to .2 drop off your 1/4 mile. Was this at MIR?

Explain the 20 degree drop in temperature on the same day.
No 30lbs does NOT equate to .2 off my 1/4, but 65lbs does. See my drag strip journal in my signature and it will answer all your questions.

As for the 20 degree drop, this was NOT on the same day.

Last edited by caymandive; 07-02-08 at 06:35 AM.
Old 07-02-08, 06:57 AM
SikTT
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by caymandive
No 30lbs does NOT equate to .2 off my 1/4, but 65lbs does. See my drag strip journal in my signature and it will answer all your questions.

As for the 20 degree drop, this was NOT on the same day.
I meant 60 whatever.. but still.. was it done on the same day? You didn't answer that. Also I am just saying that maybe other's know about your runs, but I sure don't. So with someone saying that 30lbs can equate to .1 drop in 1/4 is very very hard to swallow. Now understand not doubting your 12.8, just the math that is going into your conclusions.

but I see what you are saying, but then again you say they are uncorrected. Using uncorrected makes it impossible to compare results from one set of conditions with another which by some account is helped by using SAE correction. I like others see no reason in using uncorrected numbers. Too much is left to be uncertain. Also you stated not on the same day, therefore with that and being uncorrected it is useless to compare. To do so with as many variables that can be seen with your dyno runs, i.e. different days and 20 degree temperature chance, you would need SAE corrected numbers.

So take your readings with a grain of salt I am not a huge fan of dyno's cause you leave yourself in the hands of the operator. Also taking into accounts of load level and acceleration rates all change the parameters of how one's dyno comes out to be.

Anyway nice time for your IS350. When I get back to the states.. well if you are in VA, you should join some of us 335, and 1 series guys at MIR.
Old 07-02-08, 07:10 AM
caymandive
11 Second Club

I meant 60 whatever.. but still.. was it done on the same day? You didn't answer that. Also I am just saying that maybe other's know about your runs, but I sure don't. So with someone saying that 30lbs can equate to .1 drop in 1/4 is very very hard to swallow. Now understand not doubting your 12.8, just the math that is going into your conclusions.

but I see what you are saying, but then again you say they are uncorrected. Using uncorrected makes it impossible to compare results from one set of conditions with another which by some account is helped by using SAE correction. I like others see no reason in using uncorrected numbers. Too much is left to be uncertain. Also you stated not on the same day, therefore with that and being uncorrected it is useless to compare. To do so with as many variables that can be seen with your dyno runs, i.e. different days and 20 degree temperature chance, you would need SAE corrected numbers.

So take your readings with a grain of salt I am not a huge fan of dyno's cause you leave yourself in the hands of the operator. Also taking into accounts of load level and acceleration rates all change the parameters of how one's dyno comes out to be.

Anyway nice time for your IS350. When I get back to the states.. well if you are in VA, you should join some of us 335, and 1 series guys at MIR.
I absolutely agree about how worthless a dyno is uncorrected esp when comparing different days, which is why all my mod testing has used SAE and the same dyno operator. I too have no use for uncorrected comparisons on the dyno, but thought it was rather interesting to show how uncorrected with a 20 degree difference in temps yielded almost 20hp differences. I haven't done the math, but I believe Gernby did awhile ago and he calculated the approximate hp my car was making that day of the 12.8 run and it coincided with the 10hp per 10 degrees. Heck there may be some kind of calculation that has exponential results with lowering temps, but that's over my head.

Let me know when you are back in the states and I'll come down to MIR with you all.
Old 07-02-08, 07:19 AM
SikTT
Driver School Candidate

I absolutely agree about how worthless a dyno is uncorrected esp when comparing different days, which is why all my mod testing has used SAE and the same dyno operator. I too have no use for uncorrected comparisons on the dyno, but thought it was rather interesting to show how uncorrected with a 20 degree difference in temps yielded almost 20hp differences. I haven't done the math, but I believe Gernby did awhile ago and he calculated the approximate hp my car was making that day of the 12.8 run and it coincided with the 10hp per 10 degrees. Heck there may be some kind of calculation that has exponential results with lowering temps, but that's over my head.

Let me know when you are back in the states and I'll come down to MIR with you all.
Yeah sounds good man. Well technically I am in the states till the 6th. Then off to Kuwait for a nice hot a$$ adventure..blah. But I know I am not going to do any racing from now till then. I just recently ran my l12.1 so that is all the racing for the year. Unless I get back in time before the tracks close. But yeah, I will give you a shout when the crew heads to MIR. Good luck on lowering your time.
Old 07-02-08, 07:22 AM
caymandive
11 Second Club

Yeah sounds good man. Well technically I am in the states till the 6th. Then off to Kuwait for a nice hot a$$ adventure..blah. But I know I am not going to do any racing from now till then. I just recently ran my l12.1 so that is all the racing for the year. Unless I get back in time before the tracks close. But yeah, I will give you a shout when the crew heads to MIR. Good luck on lowering your time.
I found the old post that Gernby made about estimated hp for the 12.8 run. btw..how long will you be in Kuwait?

Originally Posted by Gernby
I just did DragTime's HP estimator based on 3575 lbs with a 12.844 @ 109.2 MPH, and it came back with 348.40 HP at the flywheel. When I entered the 13.149 @ 105.75 with the same weight, it calculated only 320.39 HP. That's an amazing difference just from the climate conditions.
Old 07-02-08, 07:34 AM
SikTT
Driver School Candidate

I found the old post that Gernby made about estimated hp for the 12.8 run. btw..how long will you be in Kuwait?
This time only about 5 months. But I am suppose to come home around Sept for about a 2 week time frame.
Old 07-07-08, 08:30 PM
juice14
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

ok here ya go.
I did it in 4.9 also. measured by my Vector FX2.
ive hi 4.9 sec twince no fomr 0-60. completly stock.
instead of reving to 4k rpm i did around 2k and got little wheelspin and then a very hard pull when the wheels grab:::

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=364658