IS - 2nd Gen (2006-2013) Discussion about the 2006+ model IS models

Have bad things happened to YOUR new car?

Search this Thread

Old 07-09-08, 02:08 PM
LHARTWICK
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Unhappy Have bad things happened to YOUR new car?

I bought a new IS on July 2 (last week). On July 8 as I topped a hill a dog was standing in the road on the other side and I hit him. There was no time for me to try to miss him at all. It busted out my fog light and messed up the bottom trim. On the way to get a damage repair estimate, something hit the hood of my car and left a huge dent and removed the paint down to the metal. It seems like any time I buy a new car something bad happens immediately. Can anyone else relate to this??? I am really bummed. Just looking for consolation I guess...

Old 07-09-08, 02:11 PM
Brian231
Lexus Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by LHARTWICK
I bought a new IS on July 2 (last week). On July 8 as I topped a hill a dog was standing in the road on the other side and I hit him. There was no time for me to try to miss him at all. It busted out my fog light and messed up the bottom trim. On the way to get a damage repair estimate, something hit the hood of my car and left a huge dent and removed the paint down to the metal. It seems like any time I buy a new car something bad happens immediately. Can anyone else relate to this??? I am really bummed. Just looking for consolation I guess...

This really happens to the best of us and initially, you think you are the only one as the car is new and you try to baby it. Sorry for your incident(s), but it will be fixed. It seems like the vast majority of CL members have expereienced similar disgeartening events. I thought I was the only one at first, but have read the daily stories on here with members misfortunes. It kind of makes me not want a new car ever again.
Old 07-09-08, 02:31 PM
LHARTWICK
Driver School Candidate

I'm to the point that I'm scared to even drive it. Makes me want to just go get an old clunker and not worry about it. I am just really sick over this. My excitement over my new car is completely gone. I don't even care now. I know it's just a car, but I try really hard to take care of all of my major purchases and I really baby my car. Why do these things have to happen when the car is BRAND NEW!!!! RRRRRGGGGHHHHH!!!!!!!

Old 07-09-08, 02:31 PM
Little E
Lexus Champion

Bummer!
Old 07-09-08, 02:45 PM
Navigatn
Pole Position

i had this huge dent mysteriously appear on my front bumper a few weeks after owneship. it looked like someone took a pcp pipe and carefully pressed it into my front bumper really really hard. there was no damage to the paint. only a long semi-deep indentation. I didn't even notice it was there until a coworker pointed it out to me. really strange.

oh and then the other day the car in front of me on the fwy spat the remains of a shredded tire at me going 80. i thought for sure my front lip was done for. got home and was pleasently surprised it only suffered a slight scuff which I was able to rub out. i guess cf is pretty resilient.

so in the end, i guess u win some and then u lose some.
Old 07-09-08, 02:49 PM
iialcii
Lexus Champion

ouch. sorry man. that sucks. I scraped my front lip the 2nd week and curbed the wheel the following month, got side swipped the 4th month by a truck on the freeway. I know how u feel. it hurts. sorry to hear. time to upgrade the front lip. gfx? or aftermarket
Old 07-09-08, 03:00 PM
Mister T
Lexus Champion

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

1st week I had my IS I spilt coffee up front as I grabbed cup and lip popped off...

I was bothered too, but fixed/cleaned it and moved on.

I know it's not to the extent of your issues, but hey, starbucks ain't cheap
Old 07-09-08, 03:49 PM
as3.0cl
Lead Lap

havd some one back into my rear bumber so there is a little crease that i haven't gotten fixed since the winter....need to get that done.

a month ago i parked and someone backed into my drivers door....got that fixed a few weeks back.

row i think someone rolled into my front bumper because my license plate frame is little bit of a mess, and the bumper looks to be pushed down a little bit. you can see it when your close but two feet away you can't tell at all. i was going to have the front bumper repainted after the winter since last winter it took a beating.

and i had two dunlops blow out on me at 21K miles at the same time because of a pot hole and i also curbed two rims that day. great!

i've had the car 1yr and 3 months, with 26k miles....i have no ****ing luck.

i hear you bro it sucks.
Old 07-09-08, 03:57 PM
Evil Teo
Lead Lap

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

I feel your pain just got a nail in the tire.
Old 07-09-08, 04:34 PM
MCL1
Pole Position

what about the dog? did you kill it? did you report it??
Old 07-09-08, 04:48 PM
J250
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

on the first week i bought the car, my dad rear ended our garage...

Last edited by J250; 07-09-08 at 04:52 PM.
Old 07-09-08, 05:52 PM
sirkfc
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Within the first month of ownership, someone keyed the side of my car while I was visiting my mom in the hospital...

Had to repaint the entire side of the car, but the shop did a great job on my SGM car.
Old 07-09-08, 06:23 PM
sincityIS
Lexus Champion

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Red face

My car was just about a month old and I just got it lowered on coilovers and 19s. It was a black car with black wheels lowered all shiny from a fresh detail I had done. I was just sitting a stop sign when all of a sudden some little **** rear ended me. She got out crying and I was like, why the hell are you crying!!!!!, lol. Needless to say she was in some gelopy. I didn't degrade her, but I certainly didn't give her any sympathy. I probably would not have cared if a meteor fell out of the sky and hit her at that moment in time since I was rather aggrevated. But I got it fixed and only I would be able to tell and that is only because I am an obsessive compulsive fanatic. It sucks, but at least it wasn't your brand new Lamborghini or Porsche, then you can loose sleep. but then again if you can afford those cars it is all relative and the person would care because they are going to get a new one whenever they want.
Old 07-09-08, 08:52 PM
JeschelRae
Driver School Candidate

oh man, im sorry to hear that. i just got my IS last month and i already scraped the bottom lip of my car from a deep dip from a driveway. now i got to go buy a whole body kit to make myself feel better. and i also had some ******* hit my car and i had to get a couple of touch up paints on a few spots on my car.
Old 07-09-08, 09:11 PM
4U2eNv_8o8
Lexus Test Driver

Yup. I had the same problem. Before I bought my IS I had a VW and accidentally hit the bumper on something. Then 2 weeks later I got careless and scraped the passenger door and curbed my rim within 3 months. I tried to be careful, but as everything started adding up, I just a lil' more careless. Now that I got my IS I tried to see if I can break that 3 month curse. So far the IS had had nothing until last month. Rim curbed by gf(luckiy still stock), big rock chip on bumper, bent front stock lip, and an unexplainable scratch that came on the car. So I had the IS clean for about 5 months. I broke the record, but only by 2 months.

Quick Reply: Have bad things happened to YOUR new car?