IS - 2nd Gen (2006-2013) Discussion about the 2006+ model IS models

Special Order Dilemma

Search this Thread

Old 07-12-08, 05:43 PM
CRB
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

It's your call obviously. If you reorder there is no guarantee the next one will have those options on it either. If those two options are deal breakers then I'd walk and if they aren't then I'd deal, explain the situation and squeeze them a bit more (accessories you'd like, tint, ect???) The last thing they want is another (unsold) car on the lot at this point.
Old 07-12-08, 07:45 PM
Lex Law
Pole Position

They already priced the car with springs, right? So what were they going to do, charge you extra or leave them in your trunk? You already paid for these missing items, so your price should come down or you should get something worth more than those options, like a full clear bra. Best to protect your car. If they don't like it, tell them to let you drive it around until your new special order arrives Nov 1. If you special order again, better get that order in by the 15th of the month, or you'll have to wait an extra 30 days for your car.

Originally Posted by 15951
If you have the reverse camera, park assist is practically worthless, and really only messes up the smooth lines of the car with those sensors.

Headlight washers are truly worthless. Unless you're offroading and need to get mud off your headlamps, all they really do is accidentally engage when you try to use the windshield washer at night.
Originally Posted by 15951
The flip side is that parking in quarters that tight on a routine basis will result in others hitting you, regardless of the park assist. To add insult to injury, getting "tapped" might result in the need to replace a sensor, rather than just dealing with some scratches.
Both good points. I have heard the same "practically worthless" comments for nav + PA in another thread. You can only do so much to protect your car. Eventually it has to go near other cars when you aren't watching it.
Old 07-13-08, 01:45 AM
GILMOREJ
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by Lex Law
They already priced the car with springs, right? So what were they going to do, charge you extra or leave them in your trunk? You already paid for these missing items, so your price should come down or you should get something worth more than those options, like a full clear bra. Best to protect your car. If they don't like it, tell them to let you drive it around until your new special order arrives Nov 1. If you special order again, better get that order in by the 15th of the month, or you'll have to wait an extra 30 days for your car.
It was priced with the springs and installation... So they went ahead and threw in the installation for free and like I said previously a set of sport pedals. Also because I am a returning comuster they tossed in 35% tint all around except windsheild of course and a polo shirt.

I will take it; some of yall was right when said "park assist is just another thing that could break". I made a special trip from Belgium to have this car and I don't want to make the same trip again in 4 to 5 months (ON TOP OF THE 30 DAYS IT TAKES SHIP TO EUROPE). To bad we only have 250's and 220D's over here. So I guess there was light at the end of the tunnel!!!!

Thanks everyone for all your helpful imputs!
Old 07-13-08, 06:36 AM
McDonough
Rookie

I would take the free credit and take the car. Park Assist? Who needs it? If someone can't park without assistance from a "nanny", they don't need to be driving.