Special Order Dilemma

Search this Thread

Old 07-11-08, 04:19 PM
GILMOREJ
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Special Order Dilemma

Hello CL Members

I special ordered my 2008 IS350 (GFM w/ Blk int., Lux, Nav, ML, PA, Headlamp washers, Full GFX kit, F-Sport Springs, P1, and ISP wheels) back in February from Jim Hudson Lexus of Augusta. (JUST WANTED TO BE ABLE TO SAY I HAD A FULLY LOADED IS)
The dealership finally calls me and said the car has arrived but they still have to install the springs (which will not be done until tomorrow cause they are swamped), but I can come check it out and even test drive if I want. So I went to the dealership to find that my car didn't have park assist or headlamp washers. I was a very disappointed because I was looking forward to these options because I will be shipping to Europe and park assist is very helpful for the street parking. The dealership said they input my order correctly maybe it's not a 2008 feature and didn't kick out; which is a bunch of bull!!! I am a daily viewer of this site and I continue to see on other cars.
My sale Representative said they will compensate me with free installation of the F-Spring plus free sport pedals. Is this a good enough compensation?
Attached Thumbnails Special Order Dilemma-dsc00001.jpg  

Last edited by GILMOREJ; 07-12-08 at 05:30 PM.
Old 07-11-08, 04:21 PM
GILMOREJ
Driver School Candidate

Here's another pic!
Attached Thumbnails Special Order Dilemma-dsc00003.jpg  
Old 07-11-08, 04:29 PM
RTIS250
Yes. I drove the LFA.

Received 38 Likes on 23 Posts

My 08 IS250 has park assist and headlight washers.. i dont see why your car didnt get them. Its absolutely an option. Hell, i have an IS250 with Mark Levinson.. anything can be ordered. Id stick up for what i ordered.
Old 07-11-08, 04:30 PM
DrShoe
Lead Lap

GFM is a really nice color and maybe you can ask for more free goodies from the dealer for forgetting those 2 options. Instead of just free installation on the F-sport springs, just tell them to throw them on free of charge or threaten to not buy the car (could be an empty threat but I doubt a lot of people are looking to buy a near $50k IS350 with all those options).

If I'm not wrong, you would need the Pre-collision radar thing to be really fully loaded, excluding F-sport stuff. Either way, good luck in resolving your situation with the dealer!
Old 07-11-08, 04:31 PM
Evil Teo
Lead Lap

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

well just put it this way the free labor is like around 700-1000 from them. If you think park assist is worth more then u better get park assist then. I don't know what feature it is but I have my backup camera with the navi and too me that is good enuff cuz i know how far i am from the rear. My suggestion get it the way u want it so you wouldn't have any doubts.
Old 07-11-08, 04:35 PM
ISWillie
Rookie

Originally Posted by GILMOREJ
Hello CL Members

I ordered special ordered my 2008 IS350 (GFM w/ Blk int., Lux, Nav, ML, PA, Headlamp washers, Full GFX kit, F-Sport Springs, P1, and ISP wheels) back in February from Jim Hudson Lexus of Augusta. (JUST WANTED TO BE ABLE TO SAY I HAD A FULLY LOADED IS)
The dealership finally calls me and said the car has arrived but they still have to install the springs (which will not be done until tomorrow cause they are swamped), but I can come check it out and even test drive if I want. So I went to the dealership to find that my car didn't have park assist or headlamp washers. I was a very disappointed because I was looking forward to these options because I will be shipping to Europe and park assist is very helpful for the street parking. The dealership said they input my order correctly maybe it's not a 2008 feature and didn't kick out; which is a bunch of bull!!! I am a daily viewer of this site and I continue to see on other cars.
My sale Representative said they will compensate me with free installation of the F-Spring plus free sport pedals. Is this a good enough compensation?
It sounds like it might have to be... you have just about every other option, don't you?
Old 07-11-08, 04:40 PM
GILMOREJ
Driver School Candidate

Well ordered almost every one of them I was considering the Radar but would not be worth it considering the average speed limit over here is 90-110 MPH on the freeway. Which I don't think it work over the speed of 85 MPH if I am correct. Thanks for the advice on what I should do....
Old 07-11-08, 09:14 PM
Recluse
Pole Position

I would refuse the car and make them reorder. That's an awful lot of money to spend and have regrets........
Old 07-11-08, 10:14 PM
kickin8
2IS/2RX/4RX

Received 27 Likes on 22 Posts

belgium.....do they take longer time to ship it over?
Old 07-12-08, 01:30 AM
Fizzboy7
Lexus Test Driver

Received 170 Likes on 101 Posts

Originally Posted by GILMOREJ
Hello CL Members

I ordered special ordered my 2008 IS350 (GFM w/ Blk int., Lux, Nav, ML, PA, Headlamp washers, Full GFX kit, F-Sport Springs, P1, and ISP wheels) back in February from Jim Hudson Lexus of Augusta. (JUST WANTED TO BE ABLE TO SAY I HAD A FULLY LOADED IS)
Welcome to the Glacier Frost Family! Nice rims!
Old 07-12-08, 03:46 AM
nabbun
Lexus Champion

well if you could live w/o those luxuries, I'd opt for the free installation of springs and sport pedals. I'd also ask them for a $250.00 gas card lol
Old 07-12-08, 06:52 AM
Lexus Test Driver

Received 6 Likes on 3 Posts

If you have the reverse camera, park assist is practically worthless, and really only messes up the smooth lines of the car with those sensors.

Headlight washers are truly worthless. Unless you're offroading and need to get mud off your headlamps, all they really do is accidentally engage when you try to use the windshield washer at night.

I'd take the car as is, but it's your money to spend. All of you guys that are expecting the dealer to offer up a bunch of freebies should keep in mind that nothing is truly free. If they're offering installation of your springs and pedals, that's more than fair IMO.
Old 07-12-08, 07:01 AM
MLIAISON
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by 15951
If you have the reverse camera, park assist is practically worthless, and really only messes up the smooth lines of the car with those sensors.
+1
Old 07-12-08, 08:20 AM
CEOEngr
Intermediate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I would holdout for the exact car you ordered. If you are serious about taking this car with you to Europe then park assist is a must. Just about all parking spots is extremely tight. Everytime I saw someone parallel park maked me very nervous. The backup camera is great but it does not help the front end. I would definitely want park assist on my high end car to protect the bumper from scrapes.
Old 07-12-08, 01:22 PM
Lexus Test Driver

Received 6 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by CEOEngr
I would holdout for the exact car you ordered. If you are serious about taking this car with you to Europe then park assist is a must. Just about all parking spots is extremely tight. Everytime I saw someone parallel park maked me very nervous. The backup camera is great but it does not help the front end. I would definitely want park assist on my high end car to protect the bumper from scrapes.
The flip side is that parking in quarters that tight on a routine basis will result in others hitting you, regardless of the park assist. To add insult to injury, getting "tapped" might result in the need to replace a sensor, rather than just dealing with some scratches.

Quick Reply: Special Order Dilemma