Search this Thread

Old 07-19-08, 07:25 PM
408IS350
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default FYI For Those Of You With The TV-NAVI Override Kit

Got a email from Mark at Prestigious Society with an update on the kit:

Hi all,

Hope all is well with you. First of all, we would like to thank all of you for your support on purchased the navigation override module from us. We are pleased to announce a service update to further enhance the functionality of your override module. We have received confirmation and tested that the override module can be programmed to eliminate the 5 minutes limitation on the navigation.

Here is the detail instruction of how to accomplish this (compare to your current (default) setting) with your existing module:

Auto Mode - Default setting
When the car is in motion, if you want to operate the navigation unit (or phone system / audio discs / HDD), press on the NAVI button once. It will light up in RED. From that point on, the override is in effect, and you should be able to operate the system (i.e. input destination address, select POI, operate phone book, select audio tracks, etc…)

From the time you press the NAVI button, you have up to 5 minutes to perform your desired operations. Please note that during this time, your navigation tracking system is effectively disabled, meaning your vehicle location will appear to be stationary on the screen. This is normal. After 5 minutes, the override will be released automatically (NAVI red light turns off). If within the 5 minutes period you finish your operation (ex. Input new destination address) and want the system to go back to normal, press the NAVI button once more. The red light will go off and the tracking system is enabled.

Manual Mode
The Manual Mode is designed to allow the user to override the navigation indefinitely. This feature can be manually turned off by pressing the NAVI button after the override feature is activated. The default setting of the module is the Auto Mode. In order to switch to Manual Mode, press and continue to hold the NAVI button while you turn on the ignition. After turning on the vehicle, continue holding the NAVI button for 7 seconds. There will NOT be any indicator light to confirm you are in the Manual Mode. Upon switching to the Manual Mode, the NAVI button will turn the navigation override feature ON/OFF without a 5 minutes limitation.

For our GS clients, you will need to perform our prior service update (which we mailed out a couple months ago) and make sure your navigation override will last 5 minutes. Without the default 5 minutes override, you will not be able to programed your module to Manual Mode.

As all of you know when the navigation override is activated, your position on the navigation screen remain at the location when the navigation override button is pressed. As such, under the manual mode you will need to deactivate the override (instead of waiting for 5 minutes) in order to re-establish the GPS signal and have the navigation recalibrate your new location.

We hope you all find this information helpful. If you have any further question, please do not hesitate to contact us. Have a wonderful weekend!

Sincerely yours,

Mark
Manager

That is what I call great customer service! Thanks Mark!
Old 07-19-08, 08:54 PM
NOVAGFC350
Pole Position

Great info . I will need to try it when I've a chance. So, I assume that to go back to Auto Mode (default setting) I perform the same procedure right? Thanks for the post 408IS350!

Last edited by NOVAGFC350; 07-19-08 at 09:44 PM.
Old 07-19-08, 09:23 PM
408IS350
Driver

No problem! Unfortunately I do not know the answer to your question as I have yet to install the kit. I will be installing it next week.
Old 07-19-08, 10:20 PM
Cali2is
Advanced

Received 32 Likes on 26 Posts

I also received this e-mail and was happy to hear the 5 minute time could be extended indefinitely... I use the locked out features more than I use the Navigation.
Old 07-19-08, 10:25 PM
smokyis350
Lexus Champion

nice. Are you going to install the vaistech and this kit by yourself 408?
Old 07-20-08, 12:22 AM
408IS350
Driver

Originally Posted by smokyis350
nice. Are you going to install the vaistech and this kit by yourself 408?
Nah, I don't have the time to mess with it plus I hear the a/c vents are a b*tch to remove so I'm having a professional do it.