IS - 2nd Gen (2006-2013) Discussion about the 2006+ model IS models

RANT: See you... in September!

Search this Thread

Old 07-21-08, 10:11 PM
Stokdgs
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default I would ask to to talk to the General Sales Manager

And let him know what happened. If he cannot help, then tell him you want to see the Regional Toyota Rep and you want a name of a Vice President or higher in Toyota with an email address and phone number.
If they still cant help, you probably need to go elsewhere, and if they owe you a deposit, and start balking, tell them you are calling the Attorney General from their office and filing a complaint, and you will see them in court.
And as everyone else has advised, stay away, completely away from these coneheads..
Good luck, sorry this had to happen to you.

DanF
Old 07-21-08, 10:41 PM
IS350JDM
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by yamkoo1002
Question, did you put any money down? If you did, get your money back, they are just screwing with you. I had the same problem before also at another dealership as well. So i b***hed at salesman and the sales manager to get my money back!! Take you business elsewhere.
I did put $500 down. I will try to negotiate first, before blowing up at them. I plan to walk in and plead my case tp the sales manager, I'll try to demand to change to an 09 since I've waited so long already. If he refuses, then I'll get him to reduce the price of my 08. If he still refuses, I'd rather let them keep my $500 and I'll go buy it somewhere else. I don't want to get caught in their poisonous games.

I'll keep you guys posted on what happens tomorrow. Thanks.
Old 07-22-08, 05:52 AM
nabbun
Lexus Champion

woah woah woah. 500 bucks is a lot of money my friend. i'd ask for it back with a receipt asap and walk to another dealer. they be jerkin you around
Old 07-22-08, 06:02 AM
Kurtz
Lexus Fanatic

Received 13 Likes on 10 Posts

Did you sign anything?

What does it say?

Unless you signed something pretty crazy you should be able to get the $500 back and walk away.
Old 07-22-08, 06:21 AM
IS350JDM
Lead Lap

I signed the actual receipt with all the details of the order. So, I would say that would be tough to get my money back. I'm heading over there now to talk to the sales manager. Wish me luck.

Thanks.
Old 07-22-08, 07:08 AM
MLIAISON
Lead Lap

Good luck. Dont take any of their $H!t. Stand your ground....let us know how it went. (i will be waiting to hear about this thread all day now....lol....so anxious hehe)
Old 07-22-08, 08:06 AM
venZon
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Wow I jusy got my 2008 IS250 Starfire Pearl 6MT (Base) a week ago and I ordered mine in May.

You should complain! Did you put down a deposit? They should compensate you with either parts, Cash, or at least a loaner IS until your car arrives.

If you get mad enough they'll give you something.
Old 07-22-08, 08:49 AM
Shoyuu
Lexus Test Driver

Sorry to hear about your dilemma. This sounds a lot like my experience with a dealership last year in February.

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=287355

I recall BucBaby also had a similarly frustrating experiencing trying to special order. Special ordering a MT through Toyota/Lexus is horrible experience.

My advice, is to keep everything documented. (IE all your interactions with the salesperson(s)) If you can email is preferable since that leaves a paper trail and you can easily point to past communication efforts from both sides. If they're still giving you the run around call corporate. That's what I should have done instead of waiting for my second, failed, special order to go through.

Last edited by Shoyuu; 07-22-08 at 08:52 AM.
Old 07-22-08, 09:30 AM
projectdna
Lexus Fanatic

Received 24 Likes on 22 Posts

i'd comb through the paperwork and see if there's anything you can get the dealership on the hook for (i.e. promised delivery dates, a refundable deposit, etc.).
Old 07-22-08, 10:28 AM
SebsIS350
Driver

Man that sounds like total BS, I went into Don Valley aswell..but every sales guy i met were so nice and happy..but they all made me cringe inside... its like all they wanted was my money.. so i got the hell out of there lol.

I'm sorry to hear what happened. I would contact Lexus Canada since they own Don Valley.. to my recollection and go to another dealership.

I do have to say that i am VERY happy with the Service and heffner in kitchener, I special ordered my car back in november and they told me apirl but the car came early lol by 2 weeks. But my sales person kept me up to date the entire time via email.

Last edited by SebsIS350; 07-24-08 at 03:27 AM.
Old 07-22-08, 10:30 AM
SebsIS350
Driver

also u should be able to get your deposit back..since you haven't actually recieved anything.
I know there is a Loop hole in ontario that lets you get your deposit back without trouble..
Old 07-22-08, 05:39 PM
IS350jet
Pole Position

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Non refundable deposits are 100% refundable. They cannot keep your money if you change your mind. I'm sure there's no document that you signed that that stated that they can keep your money if you have second thoughts. You may have to be a squeaky wheel but you'll get your money back.
Old 07-22-08, 07:46 PM
IS350JDM
Lead Lap

Ok. This is how my visit went today.

I walked in at 10am and asked to speak to the general manager. As he is a busy man, I waited about 45 minutes, which I didn't mind. So when he finally had time to see me, we walked into his office. I explained to him the entire situation, in a civil way, and pointed out the fact that my sales guy isn't really making me happy with the sale. The first thing he said was "Was your order cancelled?" I was startled and said, "I sure hope not. I wasn't aware that it got cancelled." He then immediately calmed me down and said, "Then that's a good thing, because I thought you were about to complain that it got cancelled."

He calls his sales manager over the phone, and asks him to check the status of my car. After a minute of talking on his phone, he tells me that it is indeed on order, but no VIN has been assigned. Usually, the VIN is produced a week after Japan receives the order, but for some reason, my car is in production, but with no VIN created for 2 months now. The sales manager then walks in to join our conversation. The general manager asked me, "So, there's no doubt that your car is late. What would you like us to do?"

I told him, "Look, if my 08 is going to arrive in September, and the 09's are arriving right after, then there is no way I want an 08."

He immediately responded, "So you want to switch to an 09? Done." Then looks over to his sales manager and said: "Switch him to an 09, we can sell that 08 no problem."

So then the sales manager walked me out of the general manager's office, and into his. He printed off that same 09 spec sheet and told me that I'm going to have to downgrade you to the X-Package on the 09, since the sport package only comes in automatic. I told him fine, since the only real difference is that the X has no premium leather.

So he stepped out to place the order for the 09. A few minutes later, he came back with some papers. One shows my original 08 order, and another shows a new 09 order. He said, "I'm going to do something I don't do for anyone else. I'm going to let you hold onto both orders. When it comes closer to mid-August, the pricing and interest rates will be released for the 09. You can then compare both and decided which one you want to take. I'm going to give you the choice." He winks at me and his teeth started sparkling.

So at the end, I left it at that, and I now hold both orders.

I know they are still trying to sway me to take the 08, but I know for sure I'm going for the 09 X-Package. No matter if the interest goes up, the overall price should still be cheaper than the Sport, so the monthly payments will be similar, except I get a car a whole year newer. As for that creepy, eerie feeling that they give you that superficial warm smile, but deep down they want your blood, I'm feeling that as well.

So, we'll see what happens next month, and I'll keep my fingers crossed. But rest assured, Once I pick up the car, I am going to stay the ***k away from this dealership for sure.

Keeping my fingers crossed.
Old 07-22-08, 08:05 PM
IS-MIKE
Driver

How much over invoice are they expecting you to pay for the
2008 IS250 MT w/Sport Package?
and
2009 IS250 MT w/X-package?

A new 2008 IS250 even with sport package in September 2008 should sell for around invoice I would expect.
Old 07-22-08, 08:07 PM
lexboi250
Lexus Champion

go for the 09, since there are some cosmetic changes, or ask them to upgrade you to a 08 350 , but yeah, before i bought my car, i was in don vally first, and i got the hell out after talking with a sales guy and never returned, samething goes for scarborough lexus, it's even worse imo.

Quick Reply: RANT: See you... in September!