IS - 2nd Gen (2006-2013) Discussion about the 2006+ model IS models

RANT: See you... in September!

Search this Thread

Old 07-24-08, 09:28 AM
venZon
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Yeah the 09 will be worth the wait... I kind of wish I held out. I bought my car in canada. Only 1 dearlership here too. Luckily I was given the head up and went in knowing my stuff. Thanks to all the guys on CL for answering all my questions. I even dressed up when I went to buy the car so they would take me seriously.

We bought my GF car in the US due mainly to price and the service was amazing!
Old 07-24-08, 12:21 PM
FMJ IS
Pole Position

nope, just that u pick the wrong dealership, Don Valley is corporate own, they are the worst dealership in GTA.
I went to Northwest Lexus in Brampton, 2 different world. Service was awesome!!!!
btw, how much discount did they gave you?

Originally Posted by is250077
But I envy the type of service you guys are accustomed to down in the US. I guess in Canada, the dealerships are so few and far between, that they know if you were looking to buy a Lexus, you will have to eventually come back and get it through them. Whereas in the US, service is the competitive edge because there are so many more people, and so many more dealerships.
Old 08-08-08, 09:08 PM
IS350JDM
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default UPDATE: The struggle is over... finally!

So after a couple more visits after the day I went in to talk to the general sales manager, I have decided to ask for another car. I thought, instead of waiting yet 3 more months to get an 09, and instead of settling for an 08 coming in September, I went with door number 3: 2008 Starfire Pearl IS350 demo w/ ML NAV pkg. I figured that since they made me wait so long, that this would be a possible resolution if they were to give me a crazy deal on this car.

I went in hoping that they would upgrade me to an IS350 at the same price as the IS250 I ordered, which was $630/mth incl taxes. But of course they couldn't just match the price on a car that is $13000 more, even if its a demo. One can only dream.

In the end, we agreed on a way to give me that demo car at the price I can afford. I paid $4500 refundable security deposit to drop my interest rate from 3.2% down to 1.4%, and I get that back at the end of my 48 mth lease. The final monthly payment is at $750/mth CDN including tax.

To most of you in the US, you may think that is a ridiculously high amount. But for you Canadians, do you think I got a good deal? The total discount off the car was just under $7K from selling price. The car has 8000km on it.

What do you guys think?

In the midst of all this negotiating, I also popped my head into a BMW dealership, and looked at the 335i sedan, and the 135i coupe. The saleperson there let my test-drive a 135i, and damn it was pretty fast. I was actually tempted to go for an Alpine white 135i 6MT with M Sport Package for the same price as the IS350 ($750/mth). But I didn't want to be too impulsive, so I ultimately decided to stick to the original plan. My girlfriend also wasn't too thrilled that I was even considering the BMW since its so small and inconvenient, and another 2-door car. In the end, the IS350 won because of the convenience of a 4-door, its less flashy, and hopefully wayy more reliable.

Btw, I'll need to change my username now. I hope I did the right thing today by taking this car. I'm happy with the decision I made, and the deal I got. I'll be picking up the car next Tuesday!
Old 08-08-08, 09:28 PM
jkwan18
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by is250077
So after a couple more visits after the day I went in to talk to the general sales manager, I have decided to ask for another car. I thought, instead of waiting yet 3 more months to get an 09, and instead of settling for an 08 coming in September, I went with door number 3: 2008 Starfire Pearl IS350 demo w/ ML NAV pkg. I figured that since they made me wait so long, that this would be a possible resolution if they were to give me a crazy deal on this car.

I went in hoping that they would upgrade me to an IS350 at the same price as the IS250 I ordered, which was $630/mth incl taxes. But of course they couldn't just match the price on a car that is $13000 more, even if its a demo. One can only dream.

In the end, we agreed on a way to give me that demo car at the price I can afford. I paid $4500 refundable security deposit to drop my interest rate from 3.2% down to 1.4%, and I get that back at the end of my 48 mth lease. The final monthly payment is at $750/mth CDN including tax.

To most of you in the US, you may think that is a ridiculously high amount. But for you Canadians, do you think I got a good deal? The total discount off the car was just under $7K from selling price. The car has 8000km on it.

What do you guys think?

In the midst of all this negotiating, I also popped my head into a BMW dealership, and looked at the 335i sedan, and the 135i coupe. The saleperson there let my test-drive a 135i, and damn it was pretty fast. I was actually tempted to go for an Alpine white 135i 6MT with M Sport Package for the same price as the IS350 ($750/mth). But I didn't want to be too impulsive, so I ultimately decided to stick to the original plan. My girlfriend also wasn't too thrilled that I was even considering the BMW since its so small and inconvenient, and another 2-door car. In the end, the IS350 won because of the convenience of a 4-door, its less flashy, and hopefully wayy more reliable.

Btw, I'll need to change my username now. I hope I did the right thing today by taking this car. I'm happy with the decision I made, and the deal I got. I'll be picking up the car next Tuesday!
Wow that is such a big twist to your story! But I do feel you, I waited for to get my IS250 for 1 year (not b/c of stock but b/c of the right financial situation as I just started working for about a year), as you just feel like you wanna get the car asap. Now you even get 100 horses more . As far as you getting a deal on the IS350, I'm not quite sure, but one thing is for sure, even if there is something wrong with it in the future, you're only stuck for 4 yrs for the lease. Hope you'll enjoy the car and officially welcome you to the CL family! And yay, one more IS from Tor in CL!
Old 08-11-08, 09:06 AM
FMJ IS
Pole Position

$7k off MSRP is pretty good, i assume you didn't pay Freight & PDI, since its a demo??