IS - 2nd Gen (2006-2013) Discussion about the 2006+ model IS models

now or wait or future?

Search this Thread

Old 07-24-08, 08:09 PM
guytoy
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default now or wait or future?

Yo guyz, i'm new to this forum and hope everyone is relaxing..i need some advice on buying a lexus. i bought an acura tsx '08 seven months back over an is250 (glad i didn't buy the is250) but now i feel like the power is not enough in my car..itz v boring to drive it and feelz sluggizh...i like the handling of tsx but the car drives like a grandma..now i feel like getting the is350 as i realized that slow cars are so-so boring to drive and if u r spending more than $30,000 then might as well buy the real thing...i realized this after buying and driving the car for a few months...therefore i just wanna know if it iz a good idea to make an is350 purchase now, in another few months or perhaps i should wait and drive my car for 1 to 2 years and then buy the is350? i would like to get a good deal...i know i'm gonna have to take a loss here for 7K or so and i want to minimize it...i really feel like getting rid of my tsx...any idea how much loss will it be? i bought the car for 28K with nav, fully loaded and have 8K miles on it.
Old 07-24-08, 08:35 PM
IceZ
Pole Position

Originally Posted by guytoy
Yo guyz, i'm new to this forum and hope everyone is relaxing..i need some advice on buying a lexus. i bought an acura tsx '08 seven months back over an is250 (glad i didn't buy the is250) but now i feel like the power is not enough in my car..itz v boring to drive it and feelz sluggizh...i like the handling of tsx but the car drives like a grandma..now i feel like getting the is350 as i realized that slow cars are so-so boring to drive and if u r spending more than $30,000 then might as well buy the real thing...i realized this after buying and driving the car for a few months...therefore i just wanna know if it iz a good idea to make an is350 purchase now, in another few months or perhaps i should wait and drive my car for 1 to 2 years and then buy the is350? i would like to get a good deal...i know i'm gonna have to take a loss here for 7K or so and i want to minimize it...i really feel like getting rid of my tsx...any idea how much loss will it be? i bought the car for 28K with nav, fully loaded and have 8K miles on it.
Ouch bro your gonna lose out real bad on that car now. Since the 09 was a complete change in the TSX line. BTW 28k for a used tsx...sorry to say someone took you to the cleaners...before i got my 250 i looked at the 09 tsx and i could have got the 09 fully loaded for 33k brand new.
Old 07-24-08, 08:37 PM
Little E
Lexus Champion

The 09s IS models are coming out in about two months. I would wait to buy then. IS350 FTW! You won't be disappointed.
Old 07-24-08, 08:38 PM
guytoy
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by IceZ
Ouch bro your gonna lose out real bad on that car now. Since the 09 was a complete change in the TSX line. BTW 28k for a used tsx...sorry to say someone took you to the cleaners...before i got my 250 i looked at the 09 tsx and i could have got the 09 fully loaded for 33k brand new.
i bought a new tsx, for 28K...iz it a good idea to sell after 1 year? after driving for 8 months or so i have 8K miles on it...i am going to loose anyway if i sell it now or in future, but the question iz that iz the tsx worth the loss to get the is350...i heard 2009 design is not changing so maybe i can get a good deal on 08 models? i am hesitant to make this decision.

Last edited by guytoy; 07-24-08 at 08:42 PM.
Old 07-24-08, 08:39 PM
IceZ
Pole Position

i bought a new tsx, for 28K...iz it a good ideal to sell after 1 year?
O im sorry i thought you said you bought it with 8k miles...i really need to get some sleep

See what you can get for it. I would try a carmax if you have one in the area, they seem to offer more then dealers at least around here.
Old 07-24-08, 08:44 PM
IceZ
Pole Position

i bought a new tsx, for 28K...iz it a good idea to sell after 1 year? after driving for 8 months or so i have 8K miles on it...i am going to loose anyway if i sell it now or in future, but the question iz that iz the tsx worth the loss to get the is350...i heard 2009 design is not changing so maybe i can get a good deal on 08 models? i am hesitant to make this decision.
This all depends on you man. You will feel the power difference with the 350 but sorry to say if you want a pure performance car you are better off putting your money towards a Subaru or Evo. And some modding.

Last edited by IceZ; 07-24-08 at 08:50 PM.
Old 07-24-08, 08:57 PM
guytoy
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by IceZ
This all depends on you man. You will feel the power difference with the 350 but sorry to say if you want a pure performance car you are better off putting your money towards a Subaru or Evo. And some modding.
i just want a car with good acceleration and luxury ofcourse..tsx has decent luxury but v sluggish on the road. it iz a good value overall but i sometimes think that 28K for 205 hp is not worth it...i have to think about this in more detail...i also dont want to buy the is350 and find out that the design is changing in a few months..lol.
Old 07-24-08, 09:02 PM
IceZ
Pole Position

Yep i hear ya. I dont believe any of the current IS's are changing for the 09 model year. They might be introducing a convertible version and possibly a coupe in 2010...look around there are plenty of threads on here that discuss possible changes to the line.
Old 07-24-08, 09:13 PM
Enginerd
Driver

If you want to get a IS350, just get a used one. I picked up a 06 with 18K miles and luxury package, ML, and just about all the goodies for 29K so what that it's an 06, still practically a brand new car with 2 full years of warranty. And since I fully plan on having this car for next 5 + years I'm so glad that someone else took the initial hit in depreciation. Of course the first owner didn't pay sticker, well I hope not. But according to sticker in glove box $44K car with 18 thousand miles for $29K, how can one complain, even if the first buyer got it for less thatn $44K. Anyways, just my oppinion, what can I say, engineers are practical lol. As far as the car...love it more each and every day!
Old 07-24-08, 09:15 PM
Cali2is
Advanced

Received 32 Likes on 26 Posts

Have you test driven the is350 yet?? If not, I think you will know the answer to your question when you do... Best combo of luxury and sport available... IMHO.
Old 07-24-08, 09:30 PM
iialcii
Lexus Champion

if your already thinking about it, then you already want to do it. If you have the cash and can take the hit then Dooo it! But i would keep the car since I cant afford a hit like that. btw Is350 ftw
Old 07-24-08, 09:50 PM
guytoy
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by Enginerd
If you want to get a IS350, just get a used one. I picked up a 06 with 18K miles and luxury package, ML, and just about all the goodies for 29K so what that it's an 06, still practically a brand new car with 2 full years of warranty. And since I fully plan on having this car for next 5 + years I'm so glad that someone else took the initial hit in depreciation. Of course the first owner didn't pay sticker, well I hope not. But according to sticker in glove box $44K car with 18 thousand miles for $29K, how can one complain, even if the first buyer got it for less thatn $44K. Anyways, just my oppinion, what can I say, engineers are practical lol. As far as the car...love it more each and every day!
not a bad idea but did u buy from a pvt seller or from carmax.
Old 07-24-08, 09:51 PM
guytoy
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by iialcii
if your already thinking about it, then you already want to do it. If you have the cash and can take the hit then Dooo it! But i would keep the car since I cant afford a hit like that. btw Is350 ftw
when u say keep the car, u mean keep it for hong long?
Old 07-24-08, 09:54 PM
guytoy
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by Enginerd
but when u sell thiz car after 5+ years, u will loose around 12-14K, just my 0.02.
Old 07-24-08, 10:01 PM
Shoganai
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

your going to be upside down bro if you want to sell your tsx now within a year of ownership and to buy a new IS350. I suggest you test drive the Lexus 1st before jumping into this. Then if you love it and want one real bad try getting into a used one so you don't lose on so much money doing it... just my 2cents

Quick Reply: now or wait or future?