IS - 2nd Gen (2006-2013) Discussion about the 2006+ model IS models

Here is your chance for Lexus to hear your opinions!

Search this Thread

Old 07-31-08, 02:10 PM
SebsIS350
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Downshift rev matching!! Maybe even with a 7 speed auto , Heavier steering with more feedback! Side bolsters are definatly a must.

Also it would be awesome if Lexus created a F-Sport ECU upgrade..maybe put out some more low end torque or high end power..
Old 07-31-08, 02:13 PM
Pnuge88
Lexus Champion

Received 18 Likes on 13 Posts

we talkin 2009? i say a little more power for the 250's (throttle response and more torque cause it feels so sluggish)... oh and yeah suspension is great but do something about the horrible body roll.. the seats** the seats** i cant seem to stay in it or move so much when turning... oh yeah andd manual sport shift mode.. being able to the control the gears whenever you want it to instead of leaving it in 4th and letting it shift by itself for gears 1-4 while in 4th.. and being able to use navi while driving cause i just wasted 2700 for that worthless piece of thing so then i could have gotten a 350 and not complain soo much how sluggish the 250 is.. we are talking about a v6 that can't even beat 4 bangers..

Last edited by Pnuge88; 07-31-08 at 02:20 PM.
Old 07-31-08, 02:22 PM
ExTrEmE99
Lexus Champion

Received 14 Likes on 10 Posts

Updated Navigation with more voice commands and have restaurants ratings
Real Live traffic updates!!
Engine boost
AC cooled seats not just ventilated
A2DP for bluetooth music from phones etc..
Bigger back seat? *dont really care about anyways.*
TPMS system where it tells you the PSI of each tire
The ability to have a hard drive for music storage
Stock LED interior lighting (saves you 100.00 in LED upgrades )

Everything above isnt really a complaint but can be upgrades to the current IS
Old 07-31-08, 02:28 PM
accelerate
Lead Lap

Use better paint, wayyyy to soft my front end looks like I was in a sand storm.
Old 07-31-08, 02:29 PM
myculito
Lead Lap

I say thigh bolsters...like the adjustable thigh supports in BMW vehicles. That's the only complaint i can think of wiht respect to the IS interior.
Old 07-31-08, 02:51 PM
DrGP
Driver

Brakes with reduced bake dust and a rear view mirror that doesn't vibrate like jello with the moonroof open.
Old 07-31-08, 02:56 PM
DrGP
Driver

Originally Posted by M1sTa801
we talkin 2009? i say a little more power for the 250's (throttle response and more torque cause it feels so sluggish)... oh and yeah suspension is great but do something about the horrible body roll.. the seats** the seats** i cant seem to stay in it or move so much when turning... oh yeah andd manual sport shift mode.. being able to the control the gears whenever you want it to instead of leaving it in 4th and letting it shift by itself for gears 1-4 while in 4th.. and being able to use navi while driving cause i just wasted 2700 for that worthless piece of thing so then i could have gotten a 350 and not complain soo much how sluggish the 250 is.. we are talking about a v6 that can't even beat 4 bangers..
You are correct. If you wanted better performance, you should have gotten the IS350. It puzzles me when someone buys the lower performance model of a car and then complains about the lack of performance. What do you expect from a 205 HP car? 205 HP performance. Now perhaps you want 250 HP? OK, But then don't complain about fuel economy.
Old 07-31-08, 02:56 PM
ba-b4
Lexus Test Driver

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

How about instead of the current transmission modes (sno,normal,pwr) how about Econ mode same as sno mode now but also lowers the horsepower maybe even cylinder deactivation or something, Normal Mode same as now, and Pwr mode that not only makes the transmission more responsive but raises the rev limit up an additional 1000 rpms for some extra HP. They can implement a safety where you can't use the raised rpms for more than X amt of times in a given time period if they want to maintain safety for the engine. If left in this new power mode past the allowed limit, the transmission and throttle characteristics stay the same but rpms will be limited to default levels.

Build quality is fine except for the dash squeeks and rattles. Those have to go.

More colors

Better steering feel

Lighter weight.

Have some kind of side indicator light for better safety. Either jdm sidemarkers or factory signal mirrors would be nice. Even scion's have them why not the IS?

Last edited by ba-b4; 07-31-08 at 03:01 PM.
Old 07-31-08, 03:03 PM
triple_c
Pole Position

instead of just upgrading shift logic, i'd love to see lexus move away from torque converters completely and use a dsg/shiftronic style automatic.
Old 07-31-08, 03:23 PM
nn432100
Lead Lap

all interior lights should be LEDS.
Increase horsepower a little to keep the masses happy but I want to see even better gas mileage.
HIDs should be stock.
Get rid of the rattles please!
Show pressure of each tire not just one is low.
Get rid of the horrendous wheel gap.
Redesign the center console so that instead of it sliding backward it flips to the side.
USB for music should be standard.
Redesign the interior of the center console so that its easier to put 12v chargers in there.
Please keep the same leather in there as the 07 models.
Side mirrors should be tinted or auto dimming.
thigh bolsters.
More interior color options.
Remote start should be standard or atleast an option.
rolling up all the windows with the remote.
Adjusting navi while driving. Just put a disclaimer on there saying a passenger is adjusting it and not the driver. That should make the lawyers happy.
The lexus link(onstar) or whatever its called should be brought to the IS standard or atleast an option.

Last edited by nn432100; 07-31-08 at 03:27 PM.
Old 07-31-08, 05:25 PM
XhyDra
Lexus Test Driver

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Ceramic Clear Coat!

More to come...
Old 07-31-08, 06:20 PM
meefer
Lead Lap

Green dash lights to white.
Less lame lookin stock exhaust tips.
Move the friggin sockets in the center console so I can buy normal plugs and still be able to close the thing.
Two normal cupholders please?
A coin tray that doesn't look like it came off a corolla (like instead of an ashtray).

I'm not upgrading to an 09 for any reason, but fix these little annoyances.
Old 07-31-08, 07:11 PM
Stokdgs
Driver

Default Get rid of the Road Noise !!!

Either test or make quieter tires or put in insulation that blocks the noise, how about in the wheelwells for starters?? Its way too loud. BMW's are way quieter. The pathetic NAV system shoule be yanked and replaced with the Acura RL version, which understands something like 300 voice commands and can work anytime. It is also way more intuitive than the Lexus junk-Nav..And of course, it needs to have Real Time Traffic like everyone else's has.
All IS versions need to give you a choice of either summer or all season tires. Up here in the cold, wet, freezing Northwest, they are selling these cars with junk, loud, summer tires. Whats going to happen from October on ??
The nice 350 engine sounds coarse, and loud. Lexus needs to take a cue from the Accura RL V6 engine. Quiet, smooth, no coarse sounds like the Lexus. No wonder everyone is wanting to change the exhaust - anything to cover that tinny V6 sound..
More realistic performance parts from the factory that will really improve performance..

DanF
Old 07-31-08, 07:20 PM
Pnuge88
Lexus Champion

Received 18 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by DrGP
You are correct. If you wanted better performance, you should have gotten the IS350. It puzzles me when someone buys the lower performance model of a car and then complains about the lack of performance. What do you expect from a 205 HP car? 205 HP performance. Now perhaps you want 250 HP? OK, But then don't complain about fuel economy.
i wanted the nav lol but it has been useless since i got it.. with that in mind i was 18 when i bought the car and i am paying out the *** for it so i couldnt get the 350 with nav but i couulda got a base model 350 for the same price as my 250 now gas isn't a big problem to me.. it's a necessity no use complaining about how high the gas prices are. it is what it is.. i'm not gonna run around town for a gas station with a cheaper price then 4.50 and pump at a 4.30.. i think of it as buying something unnecessary like candy for isntance.. lets say you were a person who like to get something to eat every now and then throughout the week or month. but since i dont eat candy the candy money goes to the extra couple cents in gas. not a bigg deall if you think about it like that

*for something on topic. black wood trim!!!!!!! ftw!!!!!!

Last edited by Pnuge88; 07-31-08 at 07:24 PM.
Old 07-31-08, 08:09 PM
PaPaHoFF
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Bigger back seat in general. Leg room specifically.

Quick Reply: Here is your chance for Lexus to hear your opinions!