IS - 2nd Gen (2006-2013) Discussion about the 2006+ model IS models

Here is your chance for Lexus to hear your opinions!

Search this Thread

Old 08-01-08 | 04:33 PM
Kurtz
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by MSMLexIS
I dont have a 2IS i have an 02 IS300. Im in the market for the IS350 the canges i would make would be the sport suspension should be a separate option so that way someone like me can have the Luxury package and the sport suspension. Also HID's should be standard and like the GS the 250 and 350 should have different wheels to diffrientiate the two from each other. Also add the ML stereo as part of the Luxury package.

Why would you want the suspension as a standalone option but not the stereo?

BTW- get the sport package. You get everything the Luxury package gets except for woodgrain and the rear sunshade, plus you get the sport pedals and the sport suspension, and it's $500 _less_ than the Lux package. (well, depending on what week it is they might have taken the illuminated scuff plates off the sport too, but use a fraction of that $500 to buy em, it's a 2 minute swap).

And you'll probably be able to find someone who hates woodgrain to swap those trim pieces for you.
Old 08-01-08 | 05:42 PM
maxnix
Driver

Post A little common sense.

I would like to see a more front mid-engine design for better weight distribution like Infiniti G models and BMW 3 series.

I would like the availability of a true LSD like Infiniti G35 Sport and Cadillac CTS (as an option).

I would like a true ATF cooler instead of that ATF heater (heat exchanger) above the transmission now.

The availability of performance brakes and suspension with forged wheels and Hig performance tires would be a nice package.

How about a 3.5 V6 with just 6 direct injectors instead of an additional 6 port injectors?

Most of all, I wish Lexus would let us decide which car with which options we want to buy. Marketing models with predetermined option packages by geographic zones is stoooopid.
Old 08-01-08 | 07:48 PM
Kurtz
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by maxnix

I would like the availability of a true LSD like Infiniti G35 Sport and Cadillac CTS (as an option).

How about a 3.5 V6 with just 6 direct injectors instead of an additional 6 port injectors?

Most of all, I wish Lexus would let us decide which car with which options we want to buy. Marketing models with predetermined option packages by geographic zones is stoooopid.

The extra injectors are on the 350 for improved mileage and lower emissions, no good reason to remove em...

And the lexus geo distribution method has a lot to do with their entire corp philosophy.... but none of that prevents you from special ordering it exactly how you want it no matter where you live- My 08 350 was the first with a sport package my dealership had -ever- seen.

I'm with you 100% on a real LSD though
Old 08-01-08 | 08:26 PM
Xanadu350
Racer

1. Fix the vibration in the inside rear view mirror, yes there is a TSB but it doesn't fix it completely.

2. Buttons for steering wheel are too hard to click, it needs softer tactile touch that Lexus is known for, my finger hurts pressing the volume and tracks and shouldn't be that hard, I wish there was a mod that could fix it so it's not so hard to push down for those functions.

3. Side bolsters is nice idea like the new 3 series has
Old 08-02-08 | 10:08 AM
Kurtz
Lexus Fanatic

I knew there's one I forgot... been bugging me on lexus cars for 15 years-

An actual -pause- button on the cd player (yeah I know you can just turn it off, not exactly the same)
Old 08-02-08 | 10:22 AM
IndecentSC
Lexus Test Driver

Level Ride height???big no no..you are regret that later on down the road, if you use ur IS as a DD..
Old 08-02-08 | 11:10 AM
triple_c
Pole Position
CL Folding 200000

Originally Posted by Kurtz
I knew there's one I forgot... been bugging me on lexus cars for 15 years-

An actual -pause- button on the cd player (yeah I know you can just turn it off, not exactly the same)
I knew there was something I forgot too... in addition to a pause button, make the shuffle function work when you skip tracks also.
Old 08-02-08 | 11:15 AM
eric_r_ho
Lexus Test Driver

Let the users input destinations and free up usage of the phone book and other amenities within the navi system. All the germans have them unlocked..these cars should too.

Fix the damn rattle from the shade on the sunroof. When the sunroof is closed and the shade is open it rattles like you wouldn't believe.

The factory paint job is a beautiful color but it doesn't stand up to the elements worth a dime.

Bunch of others but those are the main ones IMO.
Old 08-02-08 | 11:28 AM
nabbun
Lexus Champion

LOSE SOME WEIGHT ON THE CAR!!!

the easiest way to increase performance/mileage on a car is to just make it lighter.

+ everything else that's on that list.

Oh and get rid of that footwell bump for the AWD on the driverside. My leg suffers from being in a retarded position in city driving lol
Old 08-02-08 | 03:56 PM
rs/ss
Pole Position

The paint seems thin or weak or both.
Old 08-02-08 | 04:40 PM
SPS
Rookie

First the easy ones:
-radio should turn off when you open the door, not turn off the engine
-real TPMS that shows actual pressure
-should be easier to turn off active handling ( I have to hold button for count of five, and it only can be done when car is at rest)
-ability for owner to pull up trouble codes on dash display
-oil life calculator/display
-better AC condensation control ( mold issues on these cars)

now the harder ( expensive ) ones:
- current automatic transmission is unacceptable in this range of car ( clunky, and I can count to seven from when I pull the shift finger to when it actually shifts )
- need to pull some weight off this car ( note that a certain German competitor is keen to demonstrate advantage by saving weight, not just by adding more small DC motors )
Old 08-26-08 | 06:22 AM
D.Jobin
Lexus Test Driver

Well, the meeting is today guys. I'll let you know how it went.
Old 08-26-08 | 08:21 AM
chris07is
Pole Position

Default Good Luck

keep us updated...
Old 08-26-08 | 08:34 AM
noenoe_pro
Driver

Change the crappy transmision rev matching in IS350 & open ECU for tuning
Old 08-26-08 | 11:16 AM
kevintq
Pole Position

on the ECU cant you guys just get a stand alone ecu??

Quick Reply: Here is your chance for Lexus to hear your opinions!