IS - 2nd Gen (2006-2013) Discussion about the 2006+ model IS models

Well... This is Goodbye...

Search this Thread

Old 08-03-08, 10:01 PM
sanchez469
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Wow owning a new IS350 at 17!! Yep if i had a car like that at that age I would have had a lot of speeding tickets as well. I own a 350 as well since March and let me tell you, I've had a few instances where someone wanted to race me from a 335i to a stock honda civic rofl!! Anyways, better judgement have always gotten the better of me. Oh well, I think this 1 year suspension might be the best thing that will happen to you. You will have plenty of time to think off how you wish you still had your license driving with friends etc. The next time you get your license I think you will value it more. For me, racing and speeding is not worth the trouble. I would rather enjoy riding in my 350 than asking people if they could drive me. Just my 2 cents.
Old 08-04-08, 02:18 AM
Akatsuki
Lead Lap

learn how to control yourself more dude.. it goes a long wayyyyyyyyy
Old 08-04-08, 04:24 AM
montgb
Lexus Champion

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Ok, I've gotta ask - how do you plan on saving enough money for a c63 when you're only going to be 18 in a year?
Old 08-04-08, 04:36 AM
IceZ
Pole Position

I just wanna know how you can afford a 350 at 17
Old 08-04-08, 04:58 AM
tukai
Driver

Nature Vs. Nurture. Nature always wins
Old 08-04-08, 05:14 AM
FiveOhNine
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by tukai
Nature Vs. Nurture. Nature always wins
Natural selection still works. Rich people buy spoiled kids fast cars. Kids drive fast, kill themselves. Smart parents with smart kids in slow beaters live on and make the gene pool better.

Edit: This is not directed at the OP. It's just a situation I see more and more frequently.
Old 08-04-08, 05:32 AM
lexusscguy
Pole Position

Going 110 racing a subaru, yeah your the reason why everyone's insurance rates are high, sorry as far as I am concerned you got what you deserved. Maybe after a year of not being able to drive, you'll learn to control your urges before you kill someone.

Originally Posted by dAiLL3sT
i got suspended twice lol... first time was for going 45 in a 30 zone... that was complete B.S.... but this time i was racing a subaru going over 110 on a mini hwy like rd... passed by the cop den realized so i slammed on my breaks going back down to 60 and the cop pulled me over for doing 60 in a 45 zone... but it was estimated... sigh just have had nohting but bad luck in this car cant seem to ctrl my urges loool... but next car will hopefully b c63 if i can save up enough money by the time i get my license back... im only 17 paying for this car... 18 in november lol
Old 08-04-08, 05:41 AM
montgb
Lexus Champion

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by FiveOhNine
Natural selection still works. Rich people buy spoiled kids fast cars. Kids drive fast, kill themselves. Smart parents with smart kids in slow beaters live on and make the gene pool better.

Edit: This is not directed at the OP. It's just a situation I see more and more frequently.
I have to disagree with this, somewhat. You can still go too fast in a beater, and you can drive responsibly in a sports car.
Old 08-04-08, 06:08 AM
FiveOhNine
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by montgb
I have to disagree with this, somewhat. You can still go too fast in a beater, and you can drive responsibly in a sports car.
My first car did a quarter mile in about 30 seconds. I paid for it with my own money when I was 15. I drove it like I stole it, acted like an idiot and didn't kill anybody. Part of the reason I didn't kill anybody was because I believed I was (and realized later that, indeed I was) a good driver, despite my heavy foot. The other part of the reason I didn't kill anybody was that it didn't go very fast, broke a lot, and drove like I was beating on it, which tended to make me want to beat on it less.

Saying that 'you can drive responsibly in a sports car' [as a teenager] is like saying 'you can think can think about things other than sex as an adolescent male'. Sure, you are capable, and a rare few do......but most don't.

P.S. Again, if your parents bought you a fast car when you were young, you don't need to get defensive. Short of meeting every teen with a fast car and a clean, safe driving record, you're just not going to sway me over to your side.
Old 08-04-08, 07:10 AM
MLIAISON
Lead Lap

I agree with some select few...........this is the reason why young drivers have high insurance rates.

A few irresponsible kids ruin it for a lot of people who deserve lower rates.

To the OP: Your lucky you didnt lose control of the car and kill yourself (god forbid), and being foolish like that can cost someone else their life. (how would you feel knowing you took someones life?)..........what if another kid (like you) driving your speed in a IS350 accidently hit your father? (god forbid). Now maybe you understand....

and you call a car a toy.......a car is NOT a toy....its a WEAPON.

Last edited by MLIAISON; 08-04-08 at 07:15 AM.
Old 08-04-08, 07:57 AM
Batmobile
Pole Position

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

sorry to see you go... must be nice to be rich

Originally Posted by MLIAISON
your car's not a toy? my car's a toy...
Old 08-04-08, 11:05 AM
dAiLL3sT
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by montgb
Ok, I've gotta ask - how do you plan on saving enough money for a c63 when you're only going to be 18 in a year?
im paying over 850 a month for this car for 5 years since i didnt put a down payment on it when i bought it... im sure if i save my money from now till i can get my license back ill have enough money to put a good down payment on the car and the bills will b pretty manageable...

Originally Posted by IceZ
I just wanna know how you can afford a 350 at 17
working... i dont have bills to worry bout like u guys do lol i only need to worry bout one. my cars payments...

Originally Posted by MLIAISON
I agree with some select few...........this is the reason why young drivers have high insurance rates.

A few irresponsible kids ruin it for a lot of people who deserve lower rates.

To the OP: Your lucky you didnt lose control of the car and kill yourself (god forbid), and being foolish like that can cost someone else their life. (how would you feel knowing you took someones life?)..........what if another kid (like you) driving your speed in a IS350 accidently hit your father? (god forbid). Now maybe you understand....

hey... i really dont care bout wut u think or bout my car being my toy or my weapon... i can tell myself i have better judgment than most young teenagers do when i drive... just in some times i want to go fast and i can ctrl it... not like that was my first time doing it...

Originally Posted by Little E
Hey Turbo! Take it easy from now on. I bet this will do wonders for your insurance.
about 3,000 a year now thats ok
Originally Posted by jackblack7
Sorry, I'm having a hard time feeling sympathy for you.
no ones asking for ur sympathy
Old 08-04-08, 11:05 AM
dAiLL3sT
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by kuuqi
daill3st where'd you get pulled over in MA? i got 60 on 45's all the time and i dont get pulled over
i got pulled over on rt 9 past the natick mall haha
Old 08-04-08, 11:11 AM
ExTrEmE99
Lexus Champion

Received 14 Likes on 10 Posts

are you going part out? I want some hid fogs

I bought my 2IS at 17, its possible but i had 20K to put down out of my own money. Now im 18 and have about 15K to go until i fully pay off my car
Old 08-04-08, 11:14 AM
dAiLL3sT
Lexus Test Driver

hahaha... anythings possible lol but naw man the only things were my carbon fiber interior... but my drivers side control overlay and the upper center console overlay are damaged when i took them off... =[

Quick Reply: Well... This is Goodbye...