tsx or is 250?

Search this Thread

Old 08-14-08, 09:58 PM
deznium
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default tsx or is 250?

heyloo...

i hope every1 is doin' gr888 here...i am looking to buy either the lexus is250 or the tsx but can't make up my mind..i like the drive of both those cars but for some reason i think the is250 is overpriced when compared to tsx...i felt tight in the cabin, i don't care about rear leg room but just felt TIGHT up in the front and visibility while changing lanes is not that great, does anyone else feel the same..these are the only few things that are making me not buy the is250...but i'm still not sure at this time...i like the luxury inside is250 and the smooth engine...i like the car a lot as far looks go and love the glossy paint...classy.. anyway, can u give me some feedback.
Old 08-14-08, 10:00 PM
ffpowerLN
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

RWD vs. FWD.

Interior material and fit-and-finish quality.

'Nuff said...
Old 08-14-08, 10:01 PM
4TehNguyen
Lexus Fanatic

Received 51 Likes on 46 Posts

i assume youre talking about the new TSX redesign? Interior is a nice improvement over the old but still cant match an IS interior. IS yes is a little smaller. Lane changing visibility is fine to me
Old 08-14-08, 10:19 PM
javyLSU
2IS OG

Received 30 Likes on 14 Posts

I'm going to jump in right now and remind everyone that the previous two threads comparing these cars have been closed by moderators. Lets keep the discussion factual and respectful, please.

Javier
Old 08-14-08, 10:21 PM
PhilipMSPT
Cycle Savant

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

^^^Therefore, I recommend doing a Search.

Most members have stated that the 2IS is better than the '09 TSX in terms of ride and build quality. However, the previous generation TSX has better built and costs less to insure.
Old 08-14-08, 10:29 PM
Reyngel
Lead Lap

Visibility when changing lanes in the 2IS is just fine, especially with it's large side-view mirrors.

Interior in the new TSX is nice, and has a lot of standard goodies, but the quality of the materials of the interior in the 2IS are far superior... there's no comparison. This is something you will actually notice and appreciate day after day.

And the engine in the 2IS feels a lot smoother, less whiny.

Get the 2IS.
Old 08-14-08, 10:36 PM
papaalex
Lead Lap

Get the IS especially that the 09 will now look a little different compared to 06-08's.. That's why im hanging in here and not on the Acura forums Cant wait for the 09s to come out..
Old 08-14-08, 10:48 PM
tqlla3k
Lexus Test Driver

With the TSX, you get a lot more Car for the money. IE you can get a loaded TSX with NAV for the price of an IS with minimal options.

Buy the TSX if you are looking for more value&perfomance. Buy the IS, if you want an upscale/smoother vehicle with better fit/finish.
Old 08-14-08, 10:56 PM
fasteddy91
Lead Lap

at first I was a bit uncomfortable with the visibility of the rear and the sides, but after a few days I got used to it and you learn to trust your mirrors which are nice and big. I came from a supercharged integra sedan and still own a mr2 turbo and chose the IS350 due to the looks and feel of maturity. The TSX seems like an upgraded integra, whereas the isx50 is a step higher, kind of like the TL but better. Here's another thing I noticed.....people think the ISx50's run 45-50k whereas they think the tsx's run in the high 20's. RWD doesn't hurt either.
Old 08-14-08, 11:00 PM
ELL Y
Lexus Test Driver

not another one of these freaking discussions
every day there seems to be new ones. can't anyone search? you'd think that someone would be willing to do more research than just ask a biased forum. (which all of them are, despite what you might say)
Old 08-14-08, 11:45 PM
Tangerine
Driver

My sis has both, IS250 AWD for DD and TSX as weekend. The TSX feels more peppy and handling seems better. The IS is a bit overpriced when compared to its competition. The thing she likes more about the IS is the exterior looks, other then that she likes her TSX more.
Old 08-15-08, 12:02 AM
tC_demon
Pole Position

Here are my 2 long cents...

I have both cars...there is a difference between both...for once you get more stuff in the 09 TSX vs IS250...TSX like real time weather and real time traffic, you can access the Navi while driving, 30K for a fully loaded TSX, (I know you online its priced for 32K) The leather in the TSX feels more thicker than the wrinkle free flat leather in the IS. Performence wise there about the same, even same MPG. The new TSX looks good (it has to grow on you, specailly in black...wow). The IS does feel tight all around...there is more leg room in the rear in the TSX and the trunk in the TSX is twice as big as the IS. There is a lot less body roll in the TSX. I can keep going. If your not going to consider the IS350 your better off with the TSX, your save yourself thousands of dollars. I know a lot of people say the new TSX looks ugly, but it doesn't...test drive both...but test drive the TSX. Any questions you can PM.
Old 08-15-08, 12:21 AM
meefer
Lead Lap

I test drove both, picked the 2IS despite the equipment difference (pricewise was a $3K difference).

Materials used, better throttle modulation, and no bits from my Mom's Accord sank the TSX's battleship for me, YMWV.
Old 08-15-08, 07:51 AM
kickin8
2IS/2RX/4RX

Received 27 Likes on 22 Posts

I4 vs. V6

you get the picture.....
Old 08-15-08, 09:28 AM
Chekmi21
Lead Lap

I had a tough time with these two cars when I was choosing too but living in New England the AWD did it for me. But you're in Cali so you're probably looking at the RWD.

I hate FWD...enough said? Both are great cars though. Can't go wrong either way.

Quick Reply: tsx or is 250?