IS - 2nd Gen (2006-2013) Discussion about the 2006+ model IS models

Official "Got my GFX kit" thread

Search this Thread

Old 08-27-08 | 07:37 PM
rfx45
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by VikH
Are you sure all the clips are locked? Mine were not locked properly and I could see the double sided tape. If you can see the double sided tape, it is not installed properly. The taped portion of the lip should be flush against the bumper. Or maybe the center portion of the lip is pushed back too far. Try adjusting.
Yup, all of them are locked. I am sure because one of the clips wouldn't click until I had to place a falt head screw driver on the bumper to hold the bumper in place while I push the lip. I did this to all the clips to be 100% sure they were all secure.
Old 08-27-08 | 07:47 PM
VikH
Lexus Champion
CL Folding 200000

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by rfx45
Yup, all of them are locked. I am sure because one of the clips wouldn't click until I had to place a falt head screw driver on the bumper to hold the bumper in place while I push the lip. I did this to all the clips to be 100% sure they were all secure.
Check to make sure the center of the lip is flush with the bumper. If it's forward or back, then adjust it accordingly.
Old 08-27-08 | 08:22 PM
rfx45
Lexus Test Driver

Check to make sure the center of the lip is flush with the bumper. If it's forward or back, then adjust it accordingly.
Just double checked right now and it is flush. From the center bumper up until the bumper curve where the gap is. I guess drillign holes and putting in those extra clips ensures those gaps are eliminated.

Some of the screws were impossible to put back too since the OEM lip had a cut out on every screw, which made it accessible while the GFX lip doesn't have those cut-outs.

I still love the GFX lip though and the price is incredible.
Old 08-28-08 | 07:34 AM
gman1227
Pole Position

i got someones gfx front air damn, but it wasnt mine, they sent me the wrong color, , o well they'll be sending the right one soon. . . i hope
Old 08-28-08 | 09:27 AM
VikH
Lexus Champion
CL Folding 200000

Originally Posted by rfx45
Just double checked right now and it is flush. From the center bumper up until the bumper curve where the gap is. I guess drillign holes and putting in those extra clips ensures those gaps are eliminated.

Some of the screws were impossible to put back too since the OEM lip had a cut out on every screw, which made it accessible while the GFX lip doesn't have those cut-outs.

I still love the GFX lip though and the price is incredible.
Drilling holes does not eliminate the gap on the corners. AznLex followed the no drill method and has less than .5mm gaps. Basically 0 gap. Maybe each lip fits a little different. Can you post clearer pics from above showing the gaps?
Old 08-28-08 | 09:50 AM
rfx45
Lexus Test Driver

Drilling holes does not eliminate the gap on the corners. AznLex followed the no drill method and has less than .5mm gaps. Basically 0 gap. Maybe each lip fits a little different. Can you post clearer pics from above showing the gaps?
I will try and take clearer pics but it is almost impossible with the reflection. I know that some people's lip fit perfectly without any gaps at all, that why I am trying to figure out how to get rid of it but I really can't see any other way since I've done everything but drill out holes as instructed.

It's true that in a herd of perfect fitting lips, there bounds to be several that will not fit flush.
Old 08-28-08 | 04:49 PM
S to the K
Pole Position

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Big ups to Sewell. 1st time ordering, pretty painless. Although they ran out of the Obsidian rear, Darrel did call me personally the next day. I ordered right at midnight. Other than that, no problems.

I live locally in the Irving area and was able to pickup my 2 lips and sides while foregoing shipping, which was $100. They credited me promptly in a few days to both my Paypal & CC. I then received a confirmation email and another phone call from Darrel that they were ready to pickup.

Thanks Darrel & Sewell for the great service. Like I was saying, pretty painless.

Pick-up is extremely convenient. Looking forward to ordering from you more in the future!
Old 08-28-08 | 05:41 PM
hihi410
Lead Lap

Also not sure if any one mention it, make sure all your clip and flaps are inside the slots. First time I installed it, some flaps were not inserted correctly, so resulted in some spaces.

Best way is to look under and check, the only one thats not inserted is the center and the 2 ends.

If you have it right, you should not see any noticeable gap.
Old 08-28-08 | 08:48 PM
netsushi
Driver School Candidate

Not sure if this is the thread to show off the kit, but finally got it installed =)

Old 08-28-08 | 08:50 PM
passnu2
Lexus Fanatic

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Vik where is the "finished" product?? I see all these pics but we want to see pics of your car with the FULL kit on!!! Slap that thing on and get it over with

Then lets trade my BLK car for your BLK car and will call it a day.
Old 08-28-08 | 09:29 PM
VikH
Lexus Champion
CL Folding 200000

Originally Posted by passnu2
Vik where is the "finished" product?? I see all these pics but we want to see pics of your car with the FULL kit on!!! Slap that thing on and get it over with

Then lets trade my BLK car for your BLK car and will call it a day.
Mike, I will have my rear GFX installed tomorrow. I will also have the black pearl emblems delivered and installed. I will do a showcase for ya. Good enough?

You probably can get a good mileaged 2003 911 for 45k. Get it certified pre-owned as they can have a good amount of problems. The kiddos can fit in the back as long as they are under 4 ft.
Old 08-29-08 | 12:21 AM
XhyDra
Lexus Test Driver

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

I received my kit!
awesome, it only took two days of shipping to get to me,
and everything came in great condition!
Old 08-29-08 | 08:32 AM
aitsb
Rookie

did anyone have to get theirs painted because you couldn't get your exact color when you ordered it? how much did you guys pay to have it painted? (if anyone did)
Old 08-29-08 | 10:37 AM
fasteddy91
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by aitsb
did anyone have to get theirs painted because you couldn't get your exact color when you ordered it? how much did you guys pay to have it painted? (if anyone did)
I was told 150.00 for each part of the kit.

Luckily, I was able to get the last starfire kit. Glad I ordered mine at 12:01.

Last edited by fasteddy91; 08-29-08 at 10:42 AM.
Old 08-29-08 | 10:48 AM
Mr.JPG
Pole Position

finally got mine today. Box still in good shape, correct color (starfire pearl) as well
Attached Thumbnails Official "Got my GFX kit" thread-photo.jpg  

Quick Reply: Official "Got my GFX kit" thread