IS - 2nd Gen (2006-2013) Discussion about the 2006+ model IS models

Official "Got my GFX kit" thread

Search this Thread

Old 08-30-08, 06:16 PM
cb804
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The front lip has been on for a week now!!! Just unbolted the old lip and installed with no drilling. Be sure the clips "click" and you shouldn't have gaps. You need to push hard. Thanks again Sewell.

Old 08-30-08, 11:15 PM
Dogmeat
Driver

got my rear GFX on today, but I noticed that there was a gap because one part of the oem tape didn't stick. I think the OEM tape on it was old. Need to take it back to the Lexus Service to get it fixed Tuesday. Until then its driving me nuts.

installed the front lip myself with the no drill method, but it looks like the tape is coming loose on it too. Anyone else seeing that? I think I need to purchase some new double sided tape and redo it. Is the 3M body molding tape the correct tape to use? Thanks.
Old 08-31-08, 12:17 AM
phongh
Lead Lap

It seem like i got everything down. Well just to make sure I'm going to installed the gfx lip this monday. Well i know there 9 bolts and 2 screw. Everything seem to be like easy. My question is that, where should i start first? like the middle? or should left to right? or right to left? Thanhks

Last edited by phongh; 08-31-08 at 12:28 AM.
Old 08-31-08, 07:06 AM
VikH
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by IS250SD
It seem like i got everything down. Well just to make sure I'm going to installed the gfx lip this monday. Well i know there 9 bolts and 2 screw. Everything seem to be like easy. My question is that, where should i start first? like the middle? or should left to right? or right to left? Thanhks
Just follow the instructions (skip the drilling part) and you will be fine. The instructions come in the box. I don't think it matters where you start.
Old 08-31-08, 03:15 PM
w1ck3d64
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by VikH
Just follow the instructions (skip the drilling part) and you will be fine. The instructions come in the box. I don't think it matters where you start.
i thought u had to start from the middle...i'm gonna do this tomorrow i just want to make sure
Old 08-31-08, 09:56 PM
My New Lex
Rookie

Quick question you guys!
I am about to install the front gfx lip and realize i dont think my front lip came with tape! Or is it in the box somewhere! I tried lookin in the box but didnt find anything!
Old 08-31-08, 10:05 PM
XprincoX
Lexus Champion

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

The tape should already be stuck on the lip. You just need to remove the plastic backing...
Old 08-31-08, 11:57 PM
VikH
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by My New Lex
Quick question you guys!
I am about to install the front gfx lip and realize i dont think my front lip came with tape! Or is it in the box somewhere! I tried lookin in the box but didnt find anything!
Xprin is right. The tape is already applied to the lip. Just peel off the backing.
Old 09-01-08, 07:36 AM
hellasboy
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

hey, im going to do the front and rear skirts today. did you have to raise the car to get the front lip on?
Old 09-01-08, 08:00 AM
iialcii
Lexus Champion

if ur car is lowered, you might have to raise it. BUt it will be easier to install if you raise it. all you lucky **** who got the gfx lip cheap! dam u haha I shoulda waited.
Old 09-01-08, 10:55 AM
lexudv
Pole Position

So on Friday my day went like this:

... I was eagerly waiting for my side skirts to arrive, checking fedex website frequently

... Finally got confirmation that the package arrived. Called my bro to verify and yes, the box had arrived !!!

... Was counting down the hours before I can leave work, drove back home, looked at the package, and noticed it looked very similar to one I had seen before.

... Opened the package and found out... It was the front lip!!!! No wonder it looked familiar.

Now i'm debating whether I should go through the hassle of exchanging it and hoping that they still have a pair of the side skirts.
Maybe I'll try to find someone that will trade me for the rear spoiler!
Old 09-01-08, 12:09 PM
hellasboy
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ouch, that sucks lexudv...

I installed my front lip about an hour ago and it was pretty easy. I didn't lift my car (dropped too low to use ramps, but now I can return them). I just felt around for the bolts, used the cardboard to lie down in the parking lot, took out the screws/bolts, popped off the old lip, cleaned it up a little, popped on the new lip (right side seemed harder to get it to pop in), and screwed it back in. I didn't drill into the bumper, it didn't seem necessary. It seemed easier than the sides with those blasted clips, lol.

Next up is the rear, probably next weekend... I'll probably cut into the bumper for that.
Old 09-01-08, 12:29 PM
XprincoX
Lexus Champion

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

You should contact sewell for an exchange. Or they might just comp you the lip lol.

Originally Posted by lexudv
So on Friday my day went like this:

... I was eagerly waiting for my side skirts to arrive, checking fedex website frequently

... Finally got confirmation that the package arrived. Called my bro to verify and yes, the box had arrived !!!

... Was counting down the hours before I can leave work, drove back home, looked at the package, and noticed it looked very similar to one I had seen before.

... Opened the package and found out... It was the front lip!!!! No wonder it looked familiar.

Now i'm debating whether I should go through the hassle of exchanging it and hoping that they still have a pair of the side skirts.
Maybe I'll try to find someone that will trade me for the rear spoiler!
Old 09-01-08, 01:38 PM
racinghart
Pole Position

Old 09-01-08, 01:41 PM
Evil Teo
Lead Lap

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

^^nice clean install. dam it looks hot in white!

Quick Reply: Official "Got my GFX kit" thread