IS - 2nd Gen (2006-2013) Discussion about the 2006+ model IS models

My Car is DESTROYED

Search this Thread

Old 10-13-08, 05:22 PM
crazybuggy
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

the car looks to be coming along great on the repairs!
Old 10-13-08, 06:44 PM
1_alterdis
Pole Position

Default coming along

It's about how mine looks , right now wait mine looks worse!
Old 10-13-08, 06:52 PM
is350matic
Pole Position

Originally Posted by tqlla3k
It is amazing, What did they estimate the damage at again? Instanity!
The fix is about $24K-$26K. The value of the car is around $38K-$39K. For the insurance (Allstate) to totalled it, they were looking around 75%-80% of the car value.
Old 10-13-08, 06:55 PM
is350matic
Pole Position

Originally Posted by Joe Z
Great to see the repair & progress coming along nicely...

With the Front Windshield Out.., this would be a Great Opportunity to upgrade your gray roof liner to the Black IS-F roof liner & Pillar covers...

Just a thought if you plan on keeping this car long term..

I wish I could get rid of my gray liner & pillars.

- Joe Z
Thanks for the heads up; but unfortunately, I think the shop already got the materials for the side airbags. I will call them tomorrow.
Old 10-13-08, 07:06 PM
is350matic
Pole Position

Originally Posted by meowCat
Oh man.......

Thanks for all the pics and update but......

I guarantee you, the car will not be the same as what it was from factory. The ride will be different, the driving feeling will just not be the same. I am very detail-oriented so I would also spot the mistakes/ imperfections way the car has restored. I would take the car, turn around and sell it.

Of course it would not be same. Even from new car to new car it would not be same; there is what we called tolerances. That is why race cars that are built in the same jig would not perform the same way due to tolerance factors and other variables. However, this minute tolerance difference cannot be felt by an average drivers but I'm not average driver. I actually taken my 06 corvette to race track a few times.

My car was put on the jig. If the car is fixed properly (meaning within the OEM manufacturing tolerances) and with my satisfaction, I will keep the car. I will not accept the car if it is not fixed properly however minute or coincedental. I'm currently generating a check list prior to picking up the car from the shop, which should take about 1-1.5 hours to go thru. I will also bring a couple of my friends that are very meticulous about cars.
Old 10-13-08, 07:26 PM
VikH
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by is350matic
Of course it would not be same. Even from new car to new car it would not be same; there is what we called tolerances. That is why race cars that are built in the same jig would not perform the same way due to tolerance factors and other variables. However, this minute tolerance difference cannot be felt by an average drivers but I'm not average driver. I actually taken my 06 corvette to race track a few times.

My car was put on the jig. If the car is fixed properly (meaning within the OEM manufacturing tolerances) and with my satisfaction, I will keep the car. I will not accept the car if it is not fixed properly however minute or coincedental. I'm currently generating a check list prior to picking up the car from the shop, which should take about 1-1.5 hours to go thru. I will also bring a couple of my friends that are very meticulous about cars.
Sounds like Allstate is getting cheaper. Usually ins companies total it if the damages are over 50% of the value.
Old 10-13-08, 07:41 PM
BoOst3d
Lead Lap

wow....im surprised the car was not totaled.

as someone said earlier, be prepared for rattles and other crap. im pretty sure you will be back to the bodyshop a few times after u get the car back to fix miscellaneous things they forgot to put back, plug in, overlooked, etc.

good luck
Old 10-13-08, 10:40 PM
is350matic
Pole Position

Originally Posted by Lam N 002
as someone said earlier, be prepared for rattles and other crap. im pretty sure you will be back to the bodyshop a few times after u get the car back to fix miscellaneous things they forgot to put back, plug in, overlooked, etc.
If the shop does its job correctly, there shouldn't be any "ratlles and other crap." I hope to catch all the items above before I take the car back with the help of a checklist, couple good friends and test drive. By the way, the shop is also taking the car to a Lexus dealer of their choice to do inspection and rest all the electronic stuff. I was also told that the dealer have to install the dash for some reason. I aslo plan to take the car to another Lexus dealer near me for another inspection. I hope all the precaution I take will prevent me from going back to the shop but you may never know 100%, even OEM screws up once in a while.
Old 10-13-08, 11:52 PM
1_alterdis
Pole Position

Lexus dealer will need to flash car.......
Old 10-13-08, 11:57 PM
toomurf
Pole Position

ahhhh that really sucks man !!!!
Old 10-14-08, 06:41 AM
tqlla3k
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by is350matic
The fix is about $24K-$26K. The value of the car is around $38K-$39K. For the insurance (Allstate) to totalled it, they were looking around 75%-80% of the car value.
They valued your car at 38K? They must really be avoiding totalling cars.

An 06 should be valued around 32K, even if it is fully loaded. Good luck, from the pics, it looks like the body shop is doing the work right. So hopefully it turns out well.
Old 10-14-08, 10:06 AM
Gojirra99
Super Moderator

Received 225 Likes on 153 Posts

Sad to see that damage to your car, hope they fix it to your satisfaction.
Old 10-20-08, 08:47 PM
is350drive
Lead Lap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

hope evrything comes out great!!!
Old 10-22-08, 10:52 PM
is350matic
Pole Position

The car is finally in the home stretch of getting fixed. They are targeting by this Friday but I highly doubt it from what I saw yesterday at the shop, most likely early next week. But to be honest, I saw little things (very minor) that I will point out and will take them another week to fix what I ever I point out. After all said and done, I expect first week of November before I take delivery back. Interior photo updates will be following...
Old 10-22-08, 10:54 PM
is350matic
Pole Position

Pix I took yesterday (the next three)...
Attached Thumbnails My Car is DESTROYED-10-21-08-1-.jpg  

Quick Reply: My Car is DESTROYED