IS - 2nd Gen (2006-2013) Discussion about the 2006+ model IS models
View Poll Results: Which car to get- WI driving
IS350 loaded and modded
39.06%
IS-F
60.94%
Voters: 64. You may not vote on this poll

He's BAAACK (sorta)... CL, help me decide...

Search this Thread

Old 08-28-08, 12:55 PM
Brian231
Lexus Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by rdgdawg
Hey guys, as many know it was painful to trade my IS but times changed then, and they are changing now. If you've been over on Car Chat you know I've been debating which car to get next ( Which car for $60K) . After much debate, test drives (30+) I am back to my favorite car, the IS (WHY CHANGE??!!!)

So.... my choices: IS350 loaded and modded out or an IS-F. Before everyone screams "IS-F, you FOOL!!", a couple points:

I'm in WI, suspension will be rough on these busted roads and wheels will take a pounding so.... and it will be a daily driver and there will be mostly highway miles.

No matter which way I go, I will be getting Work Varianza 19 x 8.5s all the way around on Toyo Proxy4s all-seasons for rotating purposes. Thx to Derrick at D2 Autoparts for the great info!!!

IS350- will drop on either Eibachs or Teins, Tanabe distant third choice.

If I go IS350 will mod with kits (lip, spoilers, sides) and new exhaust ( probably Tanabe over HKS). Defintely getting another JoeZ.

Mazurri- what the latest on headers for IS350? Haven't checked lately...

Still not feeling the dual exhaust on IS-F.

Color choices:
IS350- Tungsten Pearl, Starfire Pearl, or Glacier Frost Mica
IS-F- Mercury Metallic or Obsidian

So there it is... I have time to prep this so will take my time to get the right set-up before purchasing. I want a unique ride that you don't see everyday (haven't seen a single IS-F here yet, but not many ISx50s either) As always, all your posts are greatly appreciated!!
Hey Guy,

I missed you. I figured you would come back (LOL). You should contact Passnu2, he is selling his 350 with Levinson and Navi (basically every option). His car is awesome.
Old 08-28-08, 01:30 PM
orlando628
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

hmm i had the same trouble in deciding when i saw the 250 stick i jump on it = p choice it over the 350 um i would just think n get wat u truely want both are awesome car just dont like the front if the is f
Old 08-28-08, 01:53 PM
ISooNice
Pole Position

umm 350 with joez intake and exhaust+ lms supercharger + mazzuri headers.. lip kit and rims.. cheaper then IS-f faster then the is-f... i dont like the is-f front bumper either.. too pointy lol
Old 08-28-08, 02:02 PM
rdgdawg
Pole Position

Originally Posted by Brian231
Hey Guy,

I missed you. I figured you would come back (LOL). You should contact Passnu2, he is selling his 350 with Levinson and Navi (basically every option). His car is awesome.
Hey Brian, missed all you guys (btw NICE school ride)

... yeah, I know his car rocks but I plan on starting from scratch...

PERSONAL UPDATE: If I go IS-F, it will be OBSIDIAN... but leaning in favor of 350... until the test drives
Old 08-28-08, 03:58 PM
passnu2
Lexus Fanatic

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

IMO.....dont get either. You already had the IS and I would get something different.

If you want performance look at the RS4 (audi)....

my car is back to stock and I am trading down out of it soon hopefully. The IS in my area is doing terrible regardless of what model you have. I was just with the F&I director at the Lexus dealer and the Lexus models have taken it across the board in the MidWest. Everyone wants a Honda Civic or something similar (MPG). My buddy said they are selling/leasing them like hot cakes and the residual is up 4% in this lovely market? I have considered doing this for my DD and getting a TOY....I miss having a bike and a toy in the garage. After having both at the same time and now just the IS I am itching for something Let me know if I can be of help on the Lexus as my buddy owns the dealers down here and I am sure its not too far of a drive. I know they will take good care of you!

are you not happy with the Hyundai? If I where you in this market and as things continue to get worse. Hold off and see what this economy brings us. I see many ISF for close to 50k around me with hardly any miles and if things keep up you will get them for nothing. Most dont want the V8's anymore and dont forget the demand when you want to get rid of the car or if anything changes where you need it gone!!

Good to see you around and I wish you the best in your search!
Old 08-28-08, 04:02 PM
LEXMAN350
Pole Position

IS-F All the way!!
Old 08-28-08, 04:18 PM
rdgdawg
Pole Position

Originally Posted by passnu2
IMO.....dont get either. You already had the IS and I would get something different.

If you want performance look at the RS4 (audi)....
Ride is chiropractor special...

.... Let me know if I can be of help on the Lexus as my buddy owns the dealers down here and I am sure its not too far of a drive. I know they will take good care of you! I will keep that in mind and will take you up on that...

are you not happy with the Hyundai? If I where you in this market and as things continue to get worse. Hold off and see what this economy brings us. I see many ISF for close to 50k around me with hardly any miles and if things keep up you will get them for nothing. Most dont want the V8's anymore and dont forget the demand when you want to get rid of the car or if anything changes where you need it gone!!![ Love the Hyundai but there is nothing "sport" about it...
Good to see you around and I wish you the best in your search! Thanks, good to be back...
Old 08-28-08, 07:09 PM
JKA.nyc
Pole Position

tough choice guy, but as a daily I'd say the 350 would be the more practical choice, keyword practical.
Old 08-28-08, 07:26 PM
meefer
Lead Lap

If you avoid dropping it, the 350 has a much better ride than an F, but I'd still get something different. GS hybrid? I dunno, change is good, listen to Obama =)
Old 08-28-08, 07:51 PM
IS350JDM
Lead Lap

IS-F, you FOOL!

j/k

But in all seriousness, why go for a car you had before when you can go for the successor of the car that you love? If you love the IS sooooo much that you are going to buy this car again, then move yourself up to the top of the line. Here are some advantages that I would consider if I were in your shoes:

PROS for IS-F
- 416 ponies!
- The blue color is hot! (And that is the only IS that deserves that color)
- White Leather with extra-deep bucket seats
- Black interior ceiling
- Aggressive styling
- Massive rims and brakes
- Perforated Steering wheel and shift ****
- 8-speed
- chick magnet extraordinaire

CONS for IS-F
- Insurance costs more?
- Spend more on gas
- unhappy wifey because it's too much of a chick magnet

But in the end, it's what YOU like.
Old 08-28-08, 07:54 PM
i3urton
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

is-f in blue nikka.... even thou im not buying iam happy for you...
Old 08-28-08, 08:18 PM
passnu2
Lexus Fanatic

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by rdgdawg
Ride is chiropractor special...

.... Let me know if I can be of help on the Lexus as my buddy owns the dealers down here and I am sure its not too far of a drive. I know they will take good care of you! I will keep that in mind and will take you up on that...

are you not happy with the Hyundai? If I where you in this market and as things continue to get worse. Hold off and see what this economy brings us. I see many ISF for close to 50k around me with hardly any miles and if things keep up you will get them for nothing. Most dont want the V8's anymore and dont forget the demand when you want to get rid of the car or if anything changes where you need it gone!!![ Love the Hyundai but there is nothing "sport" about it...
Good to see you around and I wish you the best in your search! Thanks, good to be back...

Just PM me if you are wanting any Lexus and I will get you my cell and get you taken care of. I may be in a GS myself here but its not my first choice.
Old 08-28-08, 08:50 PM
k_dizzle
Pole Position

IS-F!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

What are you waiting for?
Old 08-29-08, 04:19 AM
crazybuggy
Racer

09 iS350! hollas!
Old 08-29-08, 05:26 AM
rdgdawg
Pole Position

Originally Posted by IS350JDM
IS-F, you FOOL!

j/k

But in all seriousness, why go for a car you had before when you can go for the successor of the car that you love? If you love the IS sooooo much that you are going to buy this car again, then move yourself up to the top of the line. Here are some advantages that I would consider if I were in your shoes:

PROS for IS-F
- 416 ponies!
- The blue color is hot! (And that is the only IS that deserves that color)
- White Leather with extra-deep bucket seats
- Black interior ceiling
- Aggressive styling
- Massive rims and brakes
- Perforated Steering wheel and shift ****
- 8-speed
- chick magnet extraordinaire

CONS for IS-F
- Insurance costs more?
- Spend more on gas
- unhappy wifey because it's too much of a chick magnet

But in the end, it's what YOU like.
GREAT points... as for the wife, she's getting her convertible first, so "assorted" eyes will be on us both!!!

Quick Reply: He's BAAACK (sorta)... CL, help me decide...