IS - 2nd Gen (2006-2013) Discussion about the 2006+ model IS models

The Korean Five Axis IS-F lookalike kit...

Search this Thread

Old 09-20-08, 12:56 PM
iSuxeL
Lexus Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I actually think it looks pretty good. Just needs to change the exhaust tips.
Old 09-20-08, 01:20 PM
ExTrEmE99
Lexus Champion

Received 14 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by iSuxeL
I actually think it looks pretty good. Just needs to change the exhaust tips.
Same here, But i dont know how it would look with normal exhausts. I only want this because the curse hit me the a few weeks ago, and its still kind of bothering me...
Old 09-20-08, 10:16 PM
ndk83
Pole Position

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by mex lex
Oh thanks for the clear up, in that case, that makes it so much better .

Come on guys, just look at the rear, what a sad attempt at copying the rear of the ISF! This is not something that belongs on a Lexus ISX50.

Think about it, what if I put this on an ISF, what will it be? A knockoff copy of an ISF?

Stop hatin
clearly no understanding of aftermarket styling, the idea being that u take a regular and supe it up (whihc incluides exhaust similar to that off the high end model). Any benz tuned by brabus will have quad exhaust similar to the higher end AMG, and BMW will also employ quad exahusts similar to the M. If Lexus designers though itsd a good idea to slap a stacked quad exhaust on an ISX50 and drop a V8 in it and call it an F, then how is it a bad/stupid idea to do the same for the ISX50? So long as u dont rebadge the car an F and go around telling everyone its an F, ur basically employing a unique to Lexus design traite (soon to be seen on other cars like the ferrari california). Imitation is the sincerest form of flattery.

Whether or not you actually like the stacked quad exhaust on the F is a diff story. Alot of people dont. I think it looks quite unique

Last edited by ndk83; 09-20-08 at 10:19 PM.
Old 09-20-08, 10:20 PM
Rash
hmm

I still find it "too much" for a Normal 2IS, especially the front bumper.
Old 09-20-08, 10:34 PM
Tommy350
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

that rear spoiler is hotness.... i want!
Old 09-20-08, 10:48 PM
sirCharles
Lead Lap

Too much kit for VIP
Old 09-20-08, 11:11 PM
Rash
hmm

Originally Posted by Tommy350
that rear spoiler is hotness.... i want!
looks exactly like the IS-F's, or is it different?
Old 09-21-08, 12:18 AM
ndk83
Pole Position

ooo i wish someone had better pics, i could b interested in that spoiler.
Its prob cheap as hell too
Old 09-21-08, 01:03 AM
kattanh3
Lexus Test Driver

Are those 18” monoboloks? What a poor choice of wheels! especially when we are comparing it to the Five-Axis equipped with 20”s and the IS-F equipped with 19”s (which is the largest OEM wheels on a Lexus as far as I know).

Last edited by kattanh3; 09-21-08 at 01:34 AM.
Old 09-21-08, 01:15 AM
kattanh3
Lexus Test Driver

The demo car could have looked better without the neon lights behind the side vents and the exhausts. Also they could've picked a better set of wheels. The 18” monoblocks on the demo car is an obvious "poor choice" (pun intended) most of the custom wheels I see here would compliment that kit
Old 09-21-08, 11:48 AM
mex lex
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by ndk83
Stop hatin
clearly no understanding of aftermarket styling, the idea being that u take a regular and supe it up (whihc incluides exhaust similar to that off the high end model). Any benz tuned by brabus will have quad exhaust similar to the higher end AMG, and BMW will also employ quad exahusts similar to the M. If Lexus designers though itsd a good idea to slap a stacked quad exhaust on an ISX50 and drop a V8 in it and call it an F, then how is it a bad/stupid idea to do the same for the ISX50? So long as u dont rebadge the car an F and go around telling everyone its an F, ur basically employing a unique to Lexus design traite (soon to be seen on other cars like the ferrari california). Imitation is the sincerest form of flattery.

Whether or not you actually like the stacked quad exhaust on the F is a diff story. Alot of people dont. I think it looks quite unique
I think you don't understand. I like the stacked quad exhaust on the ISF. I never said I didn't. What I did say is that the stacked exhaust this on knockoff kit is a poor example. To me, stacked quad exhaust on the ISX50 just screams 'fake ISF'.
Old 09-21-08, 11:58 AM
is350drive
Lead Lap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

not feeling it at all!!
Old 09-21-08, 12:27 PM
kattanh3
Lexus Test Driver

This kit is after the tuner look which isn't for me but then again so is the IS-F for that matter, but I still find them very interesting for what they are.

Copying one design is "theft", while copying multiple designs is "research". Yet I can't help but classifying this kit as a stolen design. The car is a pure IS-F knockoff with a Five-Axis front bumper - except for the hood of course which I wish was a Five-Axis knockoff... I am still waiting for an appealing vented CF hood and this one was almost there. I normally don't condone knockoffs if the price of the original part was well justified in terms of functionality, quality, fitment, R&D…etc. But it's not like there is an OEM IS-F conversion body kit around.

Out of topic: What are the F-Sport parts for the IS if they are not IS-F inspired? BMW offers M-power kit for the normal models, AMG offers their kit as well. Perhaps this is where the GFX kit fits in but those who are after the tuner look don’t have an OEM option… Personally, I just want the IS-F spoiler and CF bits if the price was right

Back to topic: the Five Axis was sort of an IS-F's concept and is a property of Toyota Motorsales so it isn't likely that a Five-Axis authentic kit to be released. Until then, I am welcoming this kit since it is offering a new option to the market.

Last edited by kattanh3; 09-21-08 at 02:44 PM.
Old 09-21-08, 02:53 PM
350PsDMeuP
Instructor

needs a drop and rims with a rather large lip IMO, the pics of the car look kinda nice, i think with the right mods the car will look nice!
Old 09-21-08, 04:04 PM
Rash
hmm

where is ISbb? we need better shots of your friend's car.

Quick Reply: The Korean Five Axis IS-F lookalike kit...