IS - 2nd Gen (2006-2013) Discussion about the 2006+ model IS models

Please help me.... i crashed my IS350 and a part is on backorder......

Search this Thread

Old 08-29-08, 12:12 PM
Little E
Lexus Champion

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by leo_k
are you emo?

that pic is super emo, minus the white shirt and sunlight...

but yea wtf mate
LMAO... It's the hair cut.

Bummer this happened to you xuningshen! Be patient. Good parts come to those that wait.
Old 08-29-08, 01:05 PM
xuningshen
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by Daganl
Don't worry buddy, I just got into a accident as well, I'm 18 as well..

But I managed to last 6 months before i got into an accident, so not too bad.

My front end is sort of like that, except its everything from my grille-up.. so my hood is screwed too..

It's in the bodyshop, won't be repaired for a month, then one more month for the repair..

Same color I believe too, Crystal Pearl White?

hope your's is repaired soon, I basically cried seeing mine like that.. lol
Damn, yea same color... that paint is expensive 3 stage pearlesence, they repainted both sides of my car, the colums, fenders, and the whole front, new hood and all. Sorry bro i feel your pain

Originally Posted by leo_k
are you emo?

that pic is super emo, minus the white shirt and sunlight...

but yea wtf mate
Originally Posted by Little E
LMAO... It's the hair cut.

Bummer this happened to you xuningshen! Be patient. Good parts come to those that wait.
No not emo, its more scene if you ask me, and i cut it a whiel ago btw so its not like that anymore.....
Old 08-29-08, 02:52 PM
Daganl
Rookie

Originally Posted by xuningshen
Damn, yea same color... that paint is expensive 3 stage pearlesence, they repainted both sides of my car, the colums, fenders, and the whole front, new hood and all. Sorry bro i feel your pain
Yeah same here, Lexus of Edmonton referred me Lexus Toyota Kingsway for the bodyshop..

How long ago was the accident, and what stage is the bodyshop at now?

The front end, fenders, doors even had to be redone.. it pushed my fenders towards my door, so I couldn't even get out of my car at the time of the accident..

Paint is expensive, I'm glad insurance is covering all of it, but it blows because my insurance is going to suck for the next 10 years, my rate is going to jump like crazy.. mine is $11,000 in damage..

The ONLY thing I do not like, because they are only painting the parts that need to be replaced, which mean the paint is 3 years on the rest of the car.. so when the back starts fading more, it will look different.. I asked how much it would cost to repaint the entire car a different color, they wanted $8000!! lol

Ugh, I dunno I am just hoping they will get it done soon. I miss it like crazy..
Old 08-29-08, 05:15 PM
codex57
Rominl Stalker

The ONLY thing I do not like, because they are only painting the parts that need to be replaced, which mean the paint is 3 years on the rest of the car.. so when the back starts fading more, it will look different.. I asked how much it would cost to repaint the entire car a different color, they wanted $8000!! lol
Not to make you feel worse, but someone rear ended my other car. 1 yr old. They had to replace my bumper. While it's real close, I can tell the difference. Might not be so bad in BC cuz it's cloudy so often, but we get some killer sun here and I think there was enough sun fading in 1 year to make a difference. Serves me right for parking it outside so often.

Oh, and the body shop wanted about $600 to repaint the front bumper of my Lexus for a scratch about half an inch long. Thank goodness the license plate covers it. I'm not about to file a claim for that.
Old 08-30-08, 12:33 AM
xuningshen
Lexus Test Driver

Yeah same here, Lexus of Edmonton referred me Lexus Toyota Kingsway for the bodyshop..

The front end, fenders, doors even had to be redone.. it pushed my fenders towards my door, so I couldn't even get out of my car at the time of the accident..

Paint is expensive, I'm glad insurance is covering all of it, but it blows because my insurance is going to suck for the next 10 years, my rate is going to jump like crazy.. mine is $11,000 in damage..

Ugh, I dunno I am just hoping they will get it done soon. I miss it like crazy..
the accident was 3 weeks ago, i was supposed to have my car back today but that stupid ECU was holding me back. so hopefully next friday i'll have it back.... but yea i know what u mean to, mine was 13 grand and then i gotta cover the person's rear that i hit. so my insurance is also going up like crazy,

i took my car to a bodyshop that charges a bit more than most, since i'm going thru my insurance. that way you pay for what u get, they've done a great job so far, painted both sides, replaced hood, two fenders, my doors realigned, headlights are almost on, then the front bumper needs to be put on, and just a some finetuning. so ya hopefully next week, that is of course of the Bodyshop decides to buy those used ECU's from that website.

but yea man, i'm there to, i miss my car so much i just want it back, i think i say it every day, i'm like "you know what" my friends are like "what" i say, "i want my car back" haha, everyday no joke.
Old 08-30-08, 01:34 PM
tqlla3k
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

18 years old... 40K car.... 300+ HP.... 20K accident. Yeah, I would say your insurance will go up a little bit.

When I was 20, I got into an accident in my used 3000GT with 220HP(10K value at the time). THe damages were 4500 for my car, 2K for theirs, and 4K for each of the 3 people in the other car... whiplash.

Statefarm gave me the boot. Stuff Happens. Good luck!
Old 08-30-08, 10:26 PM
darkdream
Lexus Champion

last year when i was 17 i got into a minor accident (5k of damages) but rates doubled to a bit over 5k... but that was before I got a IS350...
Old 08-30-08, 10:53 PM
crazybuggy
Racer

wow! i always drive behind my friends because i wouldnt trust any of them behind me.
Old 08-30-08, 11:55 PM
xuningshen
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by crazybuggy
wow! i always drive behind my friends because i wouldnt trust any of them behind me.
I'm just not going to follow my friends anymore, period.

Originally Posted by darkdream
last year when i was 17 i got into a minor accident (5k of damages) but rates doubled to a bit over 5k... but that was before I got a IS350...
hm... who's ur insurance provider?
Old 08-31-08, 12:04 AM
darkdream
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by xuningshen
I'm just not going to follow my friends anymore, period.

hm... who's ur insurance provider?
AAA (10 chars)
Old 08-31-08, 08:47 AM
bad co
Lexus Champion

youre paint starts fading from day one it see's light so the body shop guys use the age of the car as a factor when mixing the paint, trust me they know what theyre doing. and painting the rest of the car is not so easy too. you have yo remove all the doors, trunk all the panels sand down the original paint till its no longer glossy, primer it, sand the primer till smooth, paint the car, the doors, trunk, put panels back on, put doors and trunk back on its a lot of work!!
Old 09-03-08, 10:06 AM
xuningshen
Lexus Test Driver

Yea... still no word on my exact insurance increase BUT lexus warehouses are recieving my ecu arond the 12th so i'm just getting a brand new one, problem solved thanks guys
Old 09-03-08, 11:26 AM
2slow
Lexus Champion

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

FAIL!!!

but goodluck with the repairs!
Old 09-03-08, 11:57 AM
TAis250
Rookie

damnnn your is got ****kked upp