IS - 2nd Gen (2006-2013) Discussion about the 2006+ model IS models

Please help me.... i crashed my IS350 and a part is on backorder......

Search this Thread

Old 08-28-08, 05:47 PM
xuningshen
Lexus Test Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Please help me.... i crashed my IS350 and a part is on backorder......

Thats right i crashed my lexus IS 350 2 days after having it, the body shop has done an awesome job repairing it and have done it in a timely fashion BUT the damn ECU is on backorder from JAPAN. i didn't believe that so i talked to a friend of mine at Newport Lexus dealer and they confirmed it. There are currently NO ECU's for my car in the USA.

I AM ON A SCAVENGER HUNT for an ECU for my car USED/NEW i.e junkyard one because the stupid part is that my ECU ISN"T even mechanically damaged, the mounting bracket just broke off so the car runs fine but the ECU bounces around. its NOT an option to leave it as is,

If i can get a used ECU from a junkyard i can switch out the cases apparently

Part number is 89661-535-62, It is an 2006 IS 350 with luxury package, no hid's no sports. just luxury package, backup camera and NAv unit

Please i would greatly appreciate any help from anybody here on CL like i said i had just gotten my is 350 and i crashed it, its already been 3 weeks i'd rather not let that become 3 months waiting for the order to be full filled, or for the part to come in from japan. I live in Southern California, please PM me if you have any information that could help me.

and to any of those ppl curious out there the repairs costed $13,425

Also how it happened

IT was stupid i was driving around with 3 of my friends, the offramp off the freeway was backed up, i couldnt' see that many cars in front of me, to make it short we all rammed into the back of eachother because the first person slammed on their brakes as we were getting off the freeway and the last 3 of us didn't stop in time. I was the last car in line obviously, cuz i don't have rear damage.

but thats right all 4 parties involved known eachother and are friends....

after one week of being in the body shop, (two weeks but 1st week is all insurance processing and stuff i think)

used some photoshop to brighten up the front end

Last edited by xuningshen; 08-28-08 at 05:57 PM.
Old 08-28-08, 05:54 PM
TEXASMAJOR
Lead Lap

before i bash you for crashing a beautiful car after only 2 days of ownership, i ask you, how exactly did you crash?
Old 08-28-08, 05:56 PM
xuningshen
Lexus Test Driver

added it to my main post since i guess everybody will be asking Also i'm 18 so call me spoiled for having a such a nice car so young, and that i crashed it because i'm inexperienced driver, which is true and all whatever i don't care i just want my car back and running. Also i earned that car, i make the payments, mommy and daddy didn't buy it for me.

i DON'T want this thread to turn into calling me a douche for wrecking my car, which i already know ok. Just anything helpfull please

Last edited by xuningshen; 08-28-08 at 06:03 PM.
Old 08-28-08, 06:02 PM
TEXASMAJOR
Lead Lap

dang....that sucks! also, I HATE YOU!......for being spoiled...jk
anywho, good look with getting it all back to normal. next time be more cautious....especially when driving a nice car like yours.
Old 08-28-08, 06:02 PM
Byprodrive
Lexus Champion

Received 34 Likes on 28 Posts

Originally Posted by TEXASMAJOR
before i bash you for crashing a beautiful car after only 2 days of ownership, i ask you, how exactly did you crash?
As usual by not stopping soon enough.

I would call your nearest local salvage/junk yard ask them to get you a ECU that will work. They have a "Hotline" to all surrounding junkyards someone has to have a totaled IS or Lexus that will work. They also have a interchange manual that shows what models have the part you need.

Good luck
Old 08-28-08, 06:28 PM
CAIFAN_64
Lexus Champion

Received 22 Likes on 19 Posts

try this link.........
http://car-part.com/

god luck!!
Old 08-28-08, 06:32 PM
CAIFAN_64
Lexus Champion

Received 22 Likes on 19 Posts

I think the link that I gave you has like two. One is $399 the other is $500............^^^
Old 08-28-08, 06:34 PM
xuningshen
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by CAIFAN_64
try this link.........
http://car-part.com/

god luck!!
Wow thankyyou!

they have 3 listed in the US, but they are all out of state i'll just have to call them and see if i can get it shipped overnight.

Thanks again, STILL if **** hits the fan. i would love more options please. i won't stop taking suggestions till its actually in my car and working, thanks!
Old 08-28-08, 08:48 PM
huddleston
Racer

Received 56 Likes on 13 Posts

sorry to hear that happened man, good luck in moving on and getting the ECU installed.
Old 08-28-08, 09:08 PM
swarga
Driver School Candidate

Question

If "bouncing around" due to a broken mounting bracket is the only issue, why not simply zip-tie the original module down until you can obtain a replacement?
Old 08-28-08, 09:13 PM
xuningshen
Lexus Test Driver

i would love to do that but there are a few issues, 1 my insurance has only paid the body shop half they get the other half on completetion, i doubt they are going to want to release it before getting the full check, 2nd i don't want to give them the full check and then take the car now, because they they've got all their money and they won't wanna do **** to try and get me my part.

i might end up working out a compromise, but then there is also the liability of more damage occuring to the ECU even bouncing around a little bit... i know that sounds stupid i personally don't think it could cause some damage bouncing around a bit, but its a pretty expensive part, 1300 new or something? rather that not come out of my pocket if insurance says they won't cover it for a stupid reason like it wasn't bolted down or idk. i don't wanna deal with stupid technicalities, like if it would void the warranty... idk what u could possibly think of, alot of stupid twists out there.

and thanks for the replies guys, they are all welcomed

Last edited by xuningshen; 08-28-08 at 09:21 PM.
Old 08-29-08, 06:38 AM
leo_k
Pole Position

are you emo?

that pic is super emo, minus the white shirt and sunlight...

but yea wtf mate
Old 08-29-08, 06:58 AM
tqlla3k
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Where is the ECU located on these cars? Arent they usually inside the car? How would it break from a front end collision?
Old 08-29-08, 07:09 AM
leo_k
Pole Position

its in the front of the car, to the right of the engine block near the window washer fluid correct?
Old 08-29-08, 11:14 AM
Daganl
Rookie

Originally Posted by xuningshen
added it to my main post since i guess everybody will be asking Also i'm 18 so call me spoiled for having a such a nice car so young, and that i crashed it because i'm inexperienced driver...........
Don't worry buddy, I just got into a accident as well, I'm 18 as well..

But I managed to last 6 months before i got into an accident, so not too bad.

My front end is sort of like that, except its everything from my grille-up.. so my hood is screwed too..

It's in the bodyshop, won't be repaired for a month, then one more month for the repair..

Same color I believe too, Crystal Pearl White?

hope your's is repaired soon, I basically cried seeing mine like that.. lol

Quick Reply: Please help me.... i crashed my IS350 and a part is on backorder......