IS - 2nd Gen (2006-2013) Discussion about the 2006+ model IS models

something came in the mail... OOooOOooOoH!

Search this Thread

Old 09-06-08, 06:55 PM
ExclusivIS
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Nice mike!
Old 09-06-08, 06:58 PM
mikez
Lexus Champion

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Thanks! I figure I take a pic today before Hannah hits
Old 09-06-08, 07:34 PM
IS250_6Spd
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Put in on already and take some pics! I cant decide if i want to go with teins or f-sports!
Old 09-06-08, 07:54 PM
Lex Law
Pole Position

Guys, how about well-lit shots of the front and rear gaps after the F-Sports are installed on the AWD. Before-and-after would be even better.
Old 09-06-08, 08:51 PM
huddleston
Racer

Received 56 Likes on 13 Posts

nice leo, i have a set of these as well. post pics when installed
Old 09-06-08, 09:57 PM
leo_k
Pole Position

Default uploadin pics and stuff

GOT IT DONE!!

looks GOOD already... Jae said it was gonna be around 2 weeks before their COMPLETELY set to their height, but i can already see a HUGE improvement, i think its lower than a neighbors is350... am i right? or the f-sport dont make it lower..

as for whether tein or f-sport.. how much does tein drop? f-sport is about 1" - 1.2" front and 1" rear as i understand. Whatever drops the most that is what i would do! i just cant do anything else cus of lease bull****.. not like F-sport springs are sooo special ... their just rebranded 3rd party like tein and eibach.. i dont see why we cant get genuine stuff besides f-sport and keep our warranty. atleast for springs lol... oh well.

but i love the ride already, i thought the stock springs were sooo springy..the roads are wet and it is crazy rain earlier so i didnt get to go nuts on the road, but i did go crazy on local roads and it feels MUCH stiffer and like the car doesnt get thrown anymore during turns.. maybe its my excitement and adrenaline...

next is f-sport intake.. before that is 18" wheels ... but intake is soooooo comming..i might do that myself even, when i took the motor cover off it looks like a easy DIY..

but omg i watched the whole thing ... it was NUTS.. i took pics of everything.. wel not everything.. but enough i think..
only downside i did it with a blackberry camera...so.. BUT you can see!!!

im gonna post it as soon as i find a usb to bb cable... my dog seems to have chewed the only 2 i can see cus i left em on the floor... douche dog!...

I RECOMMEND JEA FOR ALL YOUR IS NEEDS IN FORT LEE!!! He has a small shop but has everything he needs to do anything to your car. He works on Evolutions/STI/SUPRA/ACURA/LEXUS/etc... he knows his stuff too.. and explains everything.

I am always paranoid about doing things outside dealership because i figure they know things specific about my car and they care...well they dont.. what i saw tonight.. a guy who really cares about waht he does and really wants you to be happy with the work, in this case you do not get what you pay for.. you get much much MUCH MORE... not to mention the prices are like a best friend would charge you. Anyway im also drunk and just had a convo with the owner of the is350 in my apartment complex. He thinks my car is sick..he wants to know where i got the grille, the lights, the work i had done, the springs... its funny.. all this time i saw his car everyday i always wanted it... now i cant stop thinking about mine. Anyway this turned into some gay car love rant.. sorry.

Pics comming SHORTLY!
Old 09-06-08, 10:41 PM
leo_k
Pole Position

Default here goes!

f-sport install on awd is250

Jae Begins (get it like batman)

This is the comparison of the front driver side springs. THe black is the stock, the blue is a new type of donut from Dunkin Donuts.... no its the f-sport spring. DUH

This is the comparison shot of the FRONT driver side spring. First is the stock, then the f-sport. LOOK AT THE DIFFERENCE!!! !!

This is REAR driver side, the wheel and the spring/shock absorber is removed.

This is the rear stock shock absorber/spring. NOTICE HOW IT HAS A CONE ON TOP, Jae said this is a LEXUS unique thing, others dont have the CONE. He compared it to the Travelocity Gnome lol

This is the REAR drive side with the NEW SPRING and old shock absorber.

It was between 3 and 4 hours i think from me driving into the shop to me driving out. BUT it was really fun and interesting and i am anxious to go back for something new.

UNFORTUNATELY i wont have pics of the DROP and how it looks until tomorrow when i wake up. I will use a good camera this time and post good comparison pics with a 07 is350 and my gf 335xi (twin turbo mmmm)

sorry for dissapointing with no drop pics but these will hopefully hold you over till tomorrow morning!
Old 09-06-08, 10:41 PM
is350drive
Lead Lap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

jaja LOL!!
Old 09-06-08, 11:49 PM
istundra
Pole Position

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

linear springs. nice.
Old 09-07-08, 12:07 AM
leo_k
Pole Position

Originally Posted by istundra
linear springs. nice.
what does that mean?
Old 09-07-08, 02:20 PM
leo_k
Pole Position

Default pics..

ok im too lazy to upload pics and resize them and blah blah...
go here for the pics, its a root directory so there is no ads, no nothing. just pics

here are pics of the car with f-sport installed. 1 Day.
First pic comparison with 335xi !! IS250 AWD NOW LOWER!!!

http://intericeacademy.com/is250/daytime

AND CHECK THIS OUT:

comparison of 6 hours after it was finished.. and 16 hours.

Last night i went out for a joyride at 2 or 3 am and took the shots of fingers & gap.. and today i took the daylight ones..

ALSO PLEASE NOTE THAT STOCK I WAS ABLE TO PUT 4 FINGERS OR EVEN MORE IN THESE GAPS!!!!!

NOW: F-SPORT SPRINGS INSTALLED ON STOCK is250 AWD SETUP

THE SPRINGS MAKE THE IS250 AWD FEEL SOOOO MUCH MORE SPORTY! IT HANDLES 150% BETTER AT 120+ MPH!!

NO MORE THROWING THE CAR AROUND WHEN TURNING!!!

I RECOMMEND THIS FOR EVERYONE WHO WANTS TO HAVE A GREAT SPORTY FEEL! and for the price i think this should be the first thing everyone does to their car.

i cant wait for my wheels to come in...hopefully this week... 18"s with this drop will make the car look even better that it does now! i will post more pics.

So again guys i HIGHLY RECOMMEND JAE's Body Shop (pronounced JAY). Pm me for more info. I am so happy i didnt take it to sunoco! LOL!!! anyway what do you guys think?
Old 09-07-08, 02:31 PM
leo_k
Pole Position

these springs not only give the car a better look but what they do for the suspension is really worth more than it costs. I cant believe the awd comes with the springs it does because i couldnt understand why the car was sliding around on me.. now i understand because of the bouncy springs the car was being thrown and thus sliding out on me in the rear...now since it is stiff the car hugs turns ide say 100% better than before. the AWD is raelly dumbed down with the stock springs IMO. Im even kinda pissed at them, i never test drove the 350 nor the non AWD is250 so i dunno how it should feel..but i always thought it kinda sucked compared to that white 335xi in the pics above....NOW with the f-sport it feels more and better than the 335 IMO... it is stiff and smoother than the bmw's.

Old 09-07-08, 02:33 PM
Brian231
Lexus Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by mikez
So did you get it put on leo?

Don't listen to them, its nice, very good for our snowy and horrible roads.

Here is my AWD with the F sports.

Very nice drop, the AWD OEM has way too much wheel gap. Thanks for posting the pic.
Old 09-07-08, 02:37 PM
leo_k
Pole Position

i wish i had made pics of stock springs with fingers..but i didnt... the ones above are ALL after the f-sport springs installed. The ones with fingers that is.. Not sure if i mentioned that above..
Old 09-07-08, 02:38 PM
leo_k
Pole Position

also its wierd ill take pics of the stock springs in box later... their all the same size..its no wonder they LIFT the car... lol

the f-sport have 2 one size and 2 smaller size...

Quick Reply: something came in the mail... OOooOOooOoH!