IS - 2nd Gen (2006-2013) Discussion about the 2006+ model IS models

2009 IS post-U.S. release discussion thread

Search this Thread

Old 10-20-08 | 11:26 AM
Joe Z
Lexus Fanatic

Exclamation

Rumor mill has it that the US Spec 2009 IS will NOT be receiving a GFX Kit here in the states...

I guess will find out soon enough..

At a recent So.Cal Lexus driving event, there was a 2009 X-Pkg IS available to test drive....
The Front Bumper was the same as a regular 2009 IS. (No Front Lip)

- Joe Z

p.s. -> No grudge here for the 09', but I am SUPER HAPPY I got into MY 08'
Old 10-20-08 | 11:29 AM
Rash
hmm

Originally Posted by Joe Z
Rumor mill has it that the US Spec 2009 IS will NOT be receiving a GFX Kit here in the states...

I guess will find out soon enough..

At a recent So.Cal Lexus driving event, there was a 2009 X-Pkg IS available to test drive....
The Front Bumper was the same as a regular 2009 IS. (No Front Lip)

- Joe Z

p.s. -> No grudge here for the 09', but I am SUPER HAPPY I got into MY 08'
Blah, you will find it in Sewell someday.
Old 10-20-08 | 01:23 PM
Mark350
Driver

From the looks of it the 09 is better off to wait for a front lip from some aftermarket company and call it a day anyways. Lexus GFX rear lips are imo, even the 06-08.
Old 10-26-08 | 06:50 AM
Rash
hmm

New option to Middle East owners, Radar Cruise Control.
Old 10-26-08 | 03:25 PM
berliner
Rookie

Originally Posted by Rashoodz
New option to Middle East owners, Radar Cruise Control.
Thats nice to hear.

So are we gonna get the 350 or not? Also will the fully loaded one (with the aluminum pedals and illuminated door sills) have different interior color options or is just like the 08 model where all they offered was that one setup?

Also which dealership did you go to in Dubai?
Old 10-26-08 | 05:22 PM
Rash
hmm

Still with the IS300, no changes in the engine, as I remember you can choose the interior color but it will take more time I guess (Special Order), I've seen grey and black interiors before, wish I had black though. the stardard color is beige.

The fully loaded one costs 165,000. I guess the price gain is from the Radar Cruise Control. I checked in Dubai, Dubai Festival City to be exact.

And I heard you get 2 key fobs, and 1 Lexus Card key similar to the LS460 one.
Old 10-27-08 | 12:25 AM
berliner
Rookie

too bad they arent offering the 350, but on the other hand that means that it wouldnt be a wrong decision to get the 300.

i also prefer the darker interiors since keeping the lighter ones clean can be a hassle.

I also went to the Festival City one a few times, and was told that the 08 model, the fully loaded one, does have a body kit (bumper extensions, side sill, illuminated? door sills, and the aluminum pedals). I hope the 09 fully loaded model will also have this. Btw, did the 09 model have the same wheels that the pics in here have (the ones that everybody hates, but I do like for some reason...esp if they were an inch or two bigger).

Last edited by berliner; 10-27-08 at 12:52 AM.
Old 10-27-08 | 02:12 AM
Fizzboy7
Lexus Test Driver

Default What happened to the promised, "revised steering and suspension tuning?"

I have yet to hear a peep about this. BS?
Old 10-27-08 | 02:27 AM
ndk83
Pole Position

Originally Posted by berliner
too bad they arent offering the 350, but on the other hand that means that it wouldnt be a wrong decision to get the 300.

i also prefer the darker interiors since keeping the lighter ones clean can be a hassle.

I also went to the Festival City one a few times, and was told that the 08 model, the fully loaded one, does have a body kit (bumper extensions, side sill, illuminated? door sills, and the aluminum pedals). I hope the 09 fully loaded model will also have this. Btw, did the 09 model have the same wheels that the pics in here have (the ones that everybody hates, but I do like for some reason...esp if they were an inch or two bigger).

Yea u wont be too upset with the 300, check out rashoodz drifting post for reference

If the 08 model is anyway to judge buy then we will only be getting the 17inch wheels. They never offered the 18. Hopefully the 09s might. AS for fully loaded with the GFX kit also id be surprised if they didnt offer the kit here. ITs the least they can do considereing we got jipped on engines
Old 10-27-08 | 03:01 AM
berliner
Rookie

i dont get why they dont sell the 350 afterall its not like people out here dont have the money to afford one. does the 300 have the same engine as the 1st gen IS300s? if so, then i am hoping that a k&n air filter that will fit in the 1st gen would also fit in the 09s.

do you guys know where one can lower the lex in dubai and get some performance parts for it. the guy at the lexus showroom was saying that they dont customize cars like they do in the states.

thinking of getting the LS wheels for the IS from the dealer, if thats possible

ps: are both of you "locals"?
Old 10-27-08 | 03:04 AM
Rash
hmm

I did the Arabic way to people understand the difference.

they don't offer the 18 inch, but they do offer the new 17 inch.

and here is the new 2009 kit + new color Amber Pearl (pics taken in Dubai)

and yes it's fully loaded like door sills and stuff.

Ask ndk83 for lowering, since he lowered his car.

and yes I am local, and ndk83 is Lebanese.
Old 10-27-08 | 03:11 AM
berliner
Rookie

i somehow dont like all that chrome on the front grille

but i am glad that they do offer the gfx kit on the 09s also. hopefully there is no waiting list on getting a 09 with all the bells and whistles in ........white (hehe what other color is there to get for Dubai )

btw i heard that you can save almost 10000 dhs if you buy the lexus in Oman (think it was close to the hatta border) and that the warranty is valid in UAE also?
Old 10-27-08 | 03:19 AM
Rash
hmm

I edited my post btw, more pics..etc

the grill looks nice, it will grow on you.

yeah I heard that too, but when I wanted to buy my car, I heard they don't offer the kit in Oman, that is why I chose Al-Futtaim dealer. it is located in Al Buraimi Between (Al Ain and Oman), but I think there is a branch here in Dubai, it's called Dynotrade.
Old 10-27-08 | 03:23 AM
berliner
Rookie

i am hoping that they changed all the backlighting on the interior switches from green to blue (since the clock light has changed also)

rashoodz, what was the interior like on the 09 model that they had at the showroom? did it have the dark marble wood? yes i know i could just go call them up and ask, but i think customer service (tel/emails) is crap out here in dubai. been trying to book a test drive and each time i do get thru on the telephone they tell me that they either dont have one or if that its being fixed at the garage,

ndk> where did you lower yours at? how much did it cost? does it mess up the warranty? got pics of your ride?

sorry for all the questions habibis
Old 10-27-08 | 03:25 AM
berliner
Rookie

Originally Posted by Rashoodz
I edited my post btw, more pics..etc

the grill looks nice, it will grow on you.

yeah I heard that too, but when I wanted to buy my car, I heard they don't offer the kit in Oman, that is why I chose Al-Futtaim dealer. it is located in Al Buraimi Between (Al Ain and Oman), but I think there is a branch here in Dubai, it's called Dynotrade.

hmm if they dont have the gfx kit then i wont be getting the car from them will check the internet to see if i can find the number for Dynotrade and the one in Al Buraimi (sorry wasnt sure if it was the hatta border some other one)

Quick Reply: 2009 IS post-U.S. release discussion thread