IS - 2nd Gen (2006-2013) Discussion about the 2006+ model IS models

2009 IS post-U.S. release discussion thread

Search this Thread

Old 10-27-08, 03:32 AM
Rash
hmm

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

The beige interior offers with golden wood. and the black interiors offers with Grey wood I guess, check them out.

I think the clock light is still white, sometimes I see it white, and sometimes I see it green in the pictures lol.

oh and btw, the IS300 engine is exactly the same engine of the current GS300, with same horse power and same engine cover.

you're local?
Old 10-27-08, 03:36 AM
berliner
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

i am hoping that the black interior isnt a "special order" which probably means months of waiting

i was quite interested in the gs, but after i figured out that they share the same engine as the is it seemed like a waste to spend 50000+ just for the styling, esp since the is has 99% of the same toys that you get with the gs.

nope not a local, am Iranian-German. i can however count til 10 in arabic , and will be taking some arabic lessons soon
Old 10-27-08, 03:39 AM
Rash
hmm

heh, my car took me 4 months of waiting because of GFX, well that was 2007, lets hope you get it quickly. btw white is the most common color, even the bluish pearl (mine) it will take lots of time.

Iranian-German, interesting
Old 10-27-08, 03:46 AM
berliner
Rookie

i think i will die of anxiety if i have to wait more than a few weeks!!
just called the festive city showroom and was told that the salespeople are all busy :-s . did get one of their cell phone numbers and spoke to a Mr. Shaakar. since he was busy with a customer :-s i asked him if he could call me back when hes got some time.

hoping he does call back!!

which showroom did you get urs from?
Old 10-27-08, 03:50 AM
Rash
hmm

Festival City, Lexus showroom is always busy when something new comes out, anyway there is an Indian Salesperson named Sanjeev, really great guy.. but doesn't mean he'll give you the car earlier though
Old 10-27-08, 04:10 AM
ndk83
Pole Position

Originally Posted by berliner
i dont get why they dont sell the 350 afterall its not like people out here dont have the money to afford one. does the 300 have the same engine as the 1st gen IS300s? if so, then i am hoping that a k&n air filter that will fit in the 1st gen would also fit in the 09s.

do you guys know where one can lower the lex in dubai and get some performance parts for it. the guy at the lexus showroom was saying that they dont customize cars like they do in the states.

thinking of getting the LS wheels for the IS from the dealer, if thats possible

ps: are both of you "locals"?

its an issue with the engine spec, the IS350 use both direct and port injection (thats wat gives the 350 that extra 30hp compared to 3.5 in the aurion) while the IS300 uses only direct injection. The reason that they dont bring it to dubai is cause in general in the Middle East the sulphor content of the Gasoline is quite high and this would mess up the engine. I hoesntly think that if u import the car however u should be ok as Dubai gas prob doesnt have such a high sulpher content as places like saudi bahrain qatar lebanon. (BTW sulphor content has nothing to do with Octane)

The LS wheels have been put on the IS in japan. Apparantly though the bolt pattern on the LS wheels is different from the IS ones. you can do it but ull have to drill new holes in the wheels

Originally Posted by Rashoodz
I edited my post btw, more pics..etc

the grill looks nice, it will grow on you.

yeah I heard that too, but when I wanted to buy my car, I heard they don't offer the kit in Oman, that is why I chose Al-Futtaim dealer. it is located in Al Buraimi Between (Al Ain and Oman), but I think there is a branch here in Dubai, it's called Dynotrade.

haha thats cool wasnt aware of that. berliner dont forget if u do go the buraimi route any warranty issue ull have will have to be sorted out there so it may be a pain. Its prob better to suck up the extra grand and buy in Dubai.
Nice pics by the way rashood, i need to take a trip to DFC to check out the 09s

i am hoping that they changed all the backlighting on the interior switches from green to blue (since the clock light has changed also)

rashoodz, what was the interior like on the 09 model that they had at the showroom? did it have the dark marble wood? yes i know i could just go call them up and ask, but i think customer service (tel/emails) is crap out here in dubai. been trying to book a test drive and each time i do get thru on the telephone they tell me that they either dont have one or if that its being fixed at the garage,

ndk> where did you lower yours at? how much did it cost? does it mess up the warranty? got pics of your ride?

sorry for all the questions habibis

In terms of supin ur ride up, there are MAD places to go to. Any tuning shop will be able to order springs or coils for you.

If u want coils TEIN actually have a shop in dubai here but they only have the ciol over for our cars, they dont bring in the S.tch springs

As for my car
here is a pic
im lowered on Tein S. Techs

To the rest of CL, sorry for thread jacking, now its become the post UAE release discusion thread

Last edited by ndk83; 10-27-08 at 04:24 AM.
Old 10-27-08, 04:20 AM
Rash
hmm

btw I didn't take the pics, just found them.
Old 10-27-08, 04:29 AM
berliner
Rookie

Originally Posted by ndk83
its an issue with the engine spec, the IS350 use both direct and port injection (thats wat gives the 350 that extra 30hp compared to 3.5 in the aurion) while the IS300 uses only direct injection. The reason that they dont bring it to dubai is cause in general in the Middle East the sulphor content of the Gasoline is quite high and this would mess up the engine.
hmm, but doesnt the es350 have the same engine as the is350 thats sold outside of the middle-east? also i think the gs300 does have direct fuel injection because according to the lexus websites (bahrain/uae/oman) they have 10 or so extra hp on the is300.

haha thats cool wasnt aware of that. berliner dont forget if u do go the buraimi route any warranty issue ull have will have to be sorted out there so it may be a pain. Its prob better to suck up the extra grand and buy in Dubai.
from what i heard the buraimi warranty is accepted at all lex service centers in the uae. but if they dont have the 09 is with the gfx kit then i wont be getting the car from them

Tein S. TechsAs for my car
here is a pic
im lowered on Tein S. Techs
sorry for asking, but how much did you pay to lower yours and where did you get it done at? i just wanna lower it for the looks and dont care that much about handling because after all there arent that many curvy roads in uae
also did it void your warranty?

like the wheels on your ride. where did you get the calipers painted at damn i got too many questions

To the rest of CL, sorry for thread jacking, now its become the post UAE release discusion thread
i dont think they mind. am surprised that its just the 3 of us in here from dubai even though there are probably more is' per square meter in dubai than any other place on this planet
Old 10-27-08, 04:31 AM
berliner
Rookie

thats exactly the ones that i want, the gunmetal colored ones that is looks amazing!!!
Old 10-27-08, 04:41 AM
Rash
hmm

I don't think they fit, but there are some replicas of it that can fit on your IS300. though I see them on Honda Accords
Old 10-27-08, 07:57 AM
CaThaFeR
speshul c

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

i finally saw 2 '09s on saturday.. the dealership was driving them somewhere... they were just as surprised to see me fly by them in my F as i was to see them

the tails IMO look a lot better in person than they do in the pictures.. But i do still prefer the 06-08 tails
Old 10-27-08, 10:32 AM
berliner
Rookie

went to festival city today, and man the 09 does look hot with the new grill and rear lights. Sanjeev told me that they have enough white ones in stock (with GFX kit for 165k dhs) and there would be no waiting to get one.

The only thing that really did suck about them is the color of the wood in the center console. its got a diarrhea (excuse my french ) looking color (you can see a bit of it in the pic that i took).

and whats amazing is that he told me that ALL 09 is300s in the UAE have the exact same interior (same color leather seats and center console) and if i want a different one i would have to place a special order and wait THREE months! anyways he said that they have a black on black is300 at Abu Dhabi port (some guy placed a special order but then turned it down because of "personal reasons"). i am guessing that the black on black will have a different color for the center console also , maybe even the black marble finish wood. I will have to tell them within two days if i want it or not.

tough decision!

btw, the color of the backlighting on the dials are still green and not blue.
Attached Files
File Type: doc
Doc1.doc (448.5 KB, 145 views)
Old 10-27-08, 02:18 PM
ndk83
Pole Position

hmm, but doesnt the es350 have the same engine as the is350 thats sold outside of the middle-east? also i think the gs300 does have direct fuel injection because according to the lexus websites (bahrain/uae/oman) they have 10 or so extra hp on the is300.

sorry for asking, but how much did you pay to lower yours and where did you get it done at? i just wanna lower it for the looks and dont care that much about handling because after all there arent that many curvy roads in uae
also did it void your warranty?

like the wheels on your ride. where did you get the calipers painted at damn i got too many questions

i dont think they mind. am surprised that its just the 3 of us in here from dubai even though there are probably more is' per square meter in dubai than any other place on this planet
No ES350 has the exact same engine as the Toyota Aurion and the Avalon.
Its essentially the IS350 engine minus direct injection (more or less)

you can tell by the engine name if it has it or not. We are of the GR engine family

Middle East IS300, GS300
3GR-FE

USDM GS300
3GR-FSE (The S represents direct injection)

USDM IS350 is
2GR-FSE.

ES350, Avalon Aurion
2GR-FE

Dubai market is saturated with tuning houses, so i recommend find out exactly what u want, ( do internet searches etc) read thru the suspension sub forum and ull hear all about pros cons of diff springs, their diff drops and the ride quality. Once uve figured out exactly what brand and product you want any tuning shop can order it for you for a small fee of around 5-10% for importing it plus installation. I wanna say i paid around 1500dhs total , not sure i kinda forgot but i dont think it was more than that.

Ill PM you a few places i recommend and ill give u more info
Old 10-27-08, 03:36 PM
Mark350
Driver

I'd like to see a good shot if the rear lip from directly behind the car. Seems like a good shot of it is hard to come by
Old 10-27-08, 06:04 PM
Gus738
Driver

Is this only for the is 250?

For the IS 350 are we going to have HID with no nav? how much are we to expect price say once the 09 are in the lot ??? can we get to low 30k's? or around 35ks?????

in california anyone????

Originally Posted by ucla_is25o
nice!!! thanks a lot for the pics. looking sweet. yea, sucks that here in socal we have to wait a few more weeks (according to dealerships) for 250's with HIDs and NO nav to get here. but.. if possible, could I see a night picture of the headlights with the HID's on? maybe in your garage or something? just curious to see how they look on the '09 obisidian with the changed front bumper. hehe last request, I promise!

Quick Reply: 2009 IS post-U.S. release discussion thread