IS - 2nd Gen (2006-2013) Discussion about the 2006+ model IS models

2009 IS post-U.S. release discussion thread

Search this Thread

Old 09-07-08 | 06:18 PM
as3.0cl
Lead Lap

not really feeling it, i think they lost the edgy lines the previouse IS has, doens't look as aggressive but almost soft. the front lost its deffinition and almost looks like the aftermarket lip 5 axis made for the car.

the interior, i liked the dial alot more then the new switches. the rear tails lost their aggressive slant and look. i think they made this car softer. not feeling it.

now i'm glad i own my 07...just a few more things to get done to it.
Old 09-07-08 | 07:12 PM
JKA.nyc
Pole Position

whattt those seats are hottt... even if I can't see them while I'm driving, they look sickkk
Old 09-07-08 | 07:15 PM
hellasboy
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by ajmtbm
i saw somewhere that the top half on the door panels (above the armrest) were black on all interior colors, and not matched to the seats. this picture shows it matched to the seats. anyone know which is correct?
Hmm, going with what I thought earlier, I think this interior picture is of an '06 or '07.
Old 09-07-08 | 09:06 PM
Kurtz
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by Scottward
The upper half of the '08 seat appears to also have more of an indention for extra knee room. Someone will have to step in here to verify.
Yeah, for 08 they had almost like leg-cut-outs in the seat-backs to give more leg room
Old 09-07-08 | 09:24 PM
donaldp
Driver

It's definitely not the interior of an '09. Note the open/close switch above the center console for the center a/c vents. In the '09, both switches are moved to the center between the two center vents. This one is clearly on the left edge. The buttons to the left of the nav have been photoshopped to look smooth. Half way modifed picture.
Old 09-07-08 | 09:37 PM
syndrax
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by donaldp
It's definitely not the interior of an '09. Note the open/close switch above the center console for the center a/c vents. In the '09, both switches are moved to the center between the two center vents. This one is clearly on the left edge. The buttons to the left of the nav have been photoshopped to look smooth. Half way modifed picture.
The photo was taken straight from Lexus.

http://www.lexus.com/lexus-share/ima...ior/g_int3.jpg
Old 09-07-08 | 11:14 PM
donaldp
Driver

I know the photo was taken from Lexus. I meant they did a bad job trying to make a non 09 look like an 09 by only photoshopping some of the changes.

Seat back color changed, Nav buttons changed, door materials color not changed, seatbacks not changed, center vents not changed.
Old 09-07-08 | 11:29 PM
syndrax
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by donaldp
I know the photo was taken from Lexus. I meant they did a bad job trying to make a non 09 look like an 09 by only photoshopping some of the changes.

Seat back color changed, Nav buttons changed, door materials color not changed, seatbacks not changed, center vents not changed.
Ah! My mistake, sorry.
Old 09-08-08 | 11:11 AM
Joe Z
Lexus Fanatic

Lightbulb

Originally Posted by javyLSU
You're welcome! Heh, I saw this car many, many months ago... I just couldn't post about it until now.

Javier
Originally Posted by BounceNY
Thanks for all the close up photo's Javier! BTW, how do you get to see the 09's before the rest of us?
No love for me... LoL....

Yes it's True!! Javy & I were privileged many, many months ago.. But we still can't say how or why....

Great pics as usual Javy... nice work...

Looks/sounds like the Joe Z Intake & PTS Exhaust will work just fine on the 2009 ISx50..

Joe Z

P.S. - I think this thread needs to be split from the point where Javy took those great pictures.. After all the offical 2009 pictures don't show up till page 20....
Old 09-08-08 | 12:24 PM
Brian231
Lexus Fanatic

I am sure it was posted before, but the tails still need red-outs!!! What kind of crap is that?
Old 09-08-08 | 12:54 PM
myculito
Lead Lap
CL Folding 500000

Originally Posted by Brian231
I am sure it was posted before, but the tails still need red-outs!!! What kind of crap is that?
I don't understand this....this has to be a major complaint from the IS community...and they still left in the amber patch?
Old 09-08-08 | 01:17 PM
IntegresS
Lexus Test Driver

Here I have attached an outline of the "new features" for the 09 IS350/250- I had another one but it was too large to attach

It lists the Outline of new features for the 09 model year for the following:

Exterior,Wheels, Interior, 4GR-FSE/2GR-FSE Engine, A760E/A760H/A960E Automatic Transmission, Differential, Suspension, Brake, Body, Lighting, Combination Meter Assembly, Power Window System, Smart Access System with Push button Start, Sliding roof system, Pre-Collision System and Cruise Control/Dynamic Radar type Cruise Control System

I find that a lot of time the names of the colors are wrong in this thing, so you might want to ignore that

This document contains drawings of the differences from the 08 to the 09 *Similar to the drawings you find in repair manuals*, Does not contain photos (sorry)

I have another PDF as well that was too large to attach, but if you'd like it, just PM me
Sorry if its been posted already! I didn't look through every post!
Attached Files
Old 09-08-08 | 01:36 PM
CRB
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by IntegresS
Here I have attached an outline of the "new features" for the 09 IS350/250- I had another one but it was too large to attach

It lists the Outline of new features for the 09 model year for the following:

Exterior,Wheels, Interior, 4GR-FSE/2GR-FSE Engine, A760E/A760H/A960E Automatic Transmission, Differential, Suspension, Brake, Body, Lighting, Combination Meter Assembly, Power Window System, Smart Access System with Push button Start, Sliding roof system, Pre-Collision System and Cruise Control/Dynamic Radar type Cruise Control System

I find that a lot of time the names of the colors are wrong in this thing, so you might want to ignore that

This document contains drawings of the differences from the 08 to the 09 *Similar to the drawings you find in repair manuals*, Does not contain photos (sorry)

I have another PDF as well that was too large to attach, but if you'd like it, just PM me
Sorry if its been posted already! I didn't look through every post!
Can't you upload the other one to a file hosting service (rapidshape, mediafire, divshare, ect). There are literally dozens of free hosts. Thanks for the attached though, it was the most detailed look at the changes that I've seen.
Old 09-08-08 | 01:38 PM
IntegresS
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by CRB
Can't you upload the other one to a file hosting service (rapidshape, mediafire, divshare, ect). There are literally dozens of free hosts. Thanks for the attached though, it was the most detailed look at the changes that I've seen.
Hmmm rapidshare, mediafire.... ok ok give me like 10 minutes and I'll try to upload the other one- I think the other one I have is more detailed with more drawings anyway. Hang on
Old 09-08-08 | 01:40 PM
Little E
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by javyLSU
^That's why I posted that side shot of the mirrors. It certainly appears to be 'thinner' in profile. I haven't had a chance to verify with measurements though. I'm sure you'll be able to retrofit these, but get ready for some sticker shock - the OEM GS turn signal mirrors ARE $1100 a set. I much prefer the JDM turn signal mirrors that Carson sells over these new ones, and they're TREMENDOUSLY cheaper to boot.

Javier
Originally Posted by passnu2
I dont like them. I think the aftermarket ones look much better IMO. Glad they finally did something with those side mirrors.
Yup! I agree with both of you Javy and Mike. The chrome on the side mirrors makes it look tacky IMO. Since both of you guys did the JDM turn signal mirrors on your cars, you're more than welcome to install some for me.

I really love the gray wood for the interior.

Originally Posted by Brian231
haha calm down Brian. Well at least there is redout vinyl available for us that have the 06-08 model....too bad the 09ers will have to wait until Aerotect or Rvinyl comes up with a re-design.

Quick Reply: 2009 IS post-U.S. release discussion thread