IS - 2nd Gen (2006-2013) Discussion about the 2006+ model IS models

Installed Black Pearls: HUGE Thanks to Mike (IceZ)

Search this Thread

Old 09-08-08, 02:37 PM
VikH
Lexus Champion

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs up Installed Black Pearls: HUGE Thanks to Mike (IceZ)

I ordered the Black Pearl emblems from the Sewell 24hr sale. They came in last week and I attempted to install them over the weekend. I started with the front emblem and it was very difficult to get off. So of course I got scared and ran back to my computer to hide. I then called up Mike (IceZ) because I knew he installed his last week. He was gracious enough to invite me over on Saturday afternoon. We spent a large amount of time scraping off all the residue, but eventually we got most of it. After about 3 hours of us working carefully it was done. I was extra nervous and extra careful about the "I" "3" and "5" because they are free standing, but it turned out perfect. Here are the results. I would not have been able to do it without Mike's help and his girlfriend, Allison, who helped tape the "IS350" emblems. Thanks again guys! I owe you guys lunch or dinner. Call me anytime you need help installing those side skirts!

Old 09-08-08, 02:46 PM
pisaykotik
Lexus Champion

Looks good. I spent over an hour with a lot of adhesive remover just on the front emblem alone. I think the factory worker got trigger happy with the adhesive. The back emblems were so much easier. BTW, are those scratches on your front GFX?
Old 09-08-08, 02:48 PM
Little E
Lexus Champion

Oooh...I like them a lot! They look good on your car. Now get some black wheels to match.
Old 09-08-08, 02:50 PM
Brian231
Lexus Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Vik,

They look great. Can't wait to see them in person soon. You should have shown off those babies yesterday for the local pic meet.
Old 09-08-08, 02:52 PM
Brian231
Lexus Fanatic

Almost forgot,

Mike (IceZ) has done a ton to his IS. He needs to post some pics to inspire others to drop their AWD's. He bought the Tien springs from Mike (Passnu2) and his fog HID kit. He is mod crazy and his car is amazing as well.
Old 09-08-08, 02:53 PM
Rash
hmm

I'm not really a fan of black pearl emblems, but the L logo looks nice! hmmmmmm
Old 09-08-08, 03:27 PM
VikH
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by pisaykotik
Looks good. I spent over an hour with a lot of adhesive remover just on the front emblem alone. I think the factory worker got trigger happy with the adhesive. The back emblems were so much easier. BTW, are those scratches on your front GFX?
Yes, you bastid ! Luckily I got an extra GFX lip from the Sewell sale. I will probably install it next year after the current one gets completely wrecked.

Originally Posted by Little E
Oooh...I like them a lot! They look good on your car. Now get some black wheels to match.
Thanks! I will be getting Volk Progressiv MEs in standard silver.

Originally Posted by Brian231
Vik,

They look great. Can't wait to see them in person soon. You should have shown off those babies yesterday for the local pic meet.
Thanks. I couldnt make it that day. You will see it at the LMS (Last Meet of the Summer)

Originally Posted by Rashoodz
I'm not really a fan of black pearl emblems, but the L logo looks nice! hmmmmmm
I was skeptical at first, but it looks great in person. The front matches very well with the grille.
Old 09-08-08, 03:29 PM
PhilipMSPT
Cycle Savant

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by Little E

Gotta get black wheels to match.
Old 09-08-08, 05:47 PM
IceZ
Pole Position

Vik im glad i could help! The black pearls look pimp on the tungsten pearl. Allison liked them better on your car then on mine. Def will take you up on the offer for the sides if they ever actually ship!

Brian after the gfx kit, i am not sure what is next. I think i am going to order some 5axis wheels this winter if i can find that money tree.
Old 09-08-08, 07:01 PM
Clark Kent
Pole Position

ViK those look crazy good! You're getting Progressiv MEs? NOICE!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 09-08-08, 07:04 PM
bombermani
Pole Position

I regret not getting these for my car after seeing these two photos.. Maybe some other day.. Looks good! Time for some black wheels!
Old 09-08-08, 07:15 PM
Evitzee
Lexus Champion

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

Looks good. How much does the Lexus dealer pay you to advertise the dealership? If he isn't paying you, why are you using those dealer frames? The first thing I did was trash those dealer frames and put on my own. Using the freebies cheapens the whole look, imo. You don't need to advertise his telephone number on your Lexus.

Here is a CF plate frame that I have on my Tungsten Pearl .... cleaner looking than the dealer frame, imo. And something like this would complement your black pearl emblems. Even a black frame would do the trick. I just think people ignore those rectangles called license plates because every car has them. I see very high end cars, incl Porsche's and Ferrari's with a cheap, or no, frame. It's just wrong.

Last edited by Evitzee; 09-08-08 at 07:31 PM.
Old 09-08-08, 07:32 PM
huddleston
Racer

Received 56 Likes on 13 Posts

looking good
Old 09-08-08, 07:55 PM
VikH
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by IceZ
Vik im glad i could help! The black pearls look pimp on the tungsten pearl. Allison liked them better on your car then on mine. Def will take you up on the offer for the sides if they ever actually ship!

Brian after the gfx kit, i am not sure what is next. I think i am going to order some 5axis wheels this winter if i can find that money tree.
Cool! Also, get at least 19s in the 5axis. Trust me!

Originally Posted by Clark Kent
ViK those look crazy good! You're getting Progressiv MEs? NOICE!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Thanks. I keep putting the wheels off. I will eventually have them.

Originally Posted by bombermani
I regret not getting these for my car after seeing these two photos.. Maybe some other day.. Looks good! Time for some black wheels!
Thanks. If I did black it would probably be black chrome.

Originally Posted by huddleston
looking good
Thanks

Originally Posted by Evitzee
Looks good. How much does the Lexus dealer pay you to advertise the dealership? If he isn't paying you, why are you using those dealer frames? The first thing I did was trash those dealer frames and put on my own. Using the freebies cheapens the whole look, imo. You don't need to advertise his telephone number on your Lexus.

Here is a CF plate frame that I have on my Tungsten Pearl .... cleaner looking than the dealer frame, imo. And something like this would complement your black pearl emblems. Even a black frame would do the trick. I just think people ignore those rectangles called license plates because every car has them. I see very high end cars, incl Porsche's and Ferrari's with a cheap, or no, frame. It's just wrong.
Evitzee,
Those are not dealer plates. That is my home number and where I live. It's easier to give out to girls instead of yelling at them! My name is on the plates too, so I have all the bases covered
Old 09-08-08, 08:44 PM
bad co
Lexus Champion

VIK H if you get flashed by a BWB IS it will be, this makes youre car stand out a lot more.

Quick Reply: Installed Black Pearls: HUGE Thanks to Mike (IceZ)