IS - 2nd Gen (2006-2013) Discussion about the 2006+ model IS models

HELP!!! installed new wheels... CHECK SYSTEM after 20 miles!! ?!?!

Search this Thread

Old 09-10-08, 08:02 PM
XprincoX
Lexus Champion

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by leo_k
tp pipe bomb? thats a joke or you are serious?

i have had beers and dont know anything about cars beyond what i have learned from CL and my lexus..so..what the hell are you talking about when you say pipe bomb LOL...
i am 100% serious about making a pipe bomb and stick the sensors inside.
https://www.clublexus.com/forums/sho...highlight=tpms

The alternative is to have them mounted inside your spare tire.
Old 09-10-08, 08:02 PM
triple_c
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

the pipe bomb is basically a pvc tube with caps at either end you pressurize. when you stick your tpms inside, they are tricked into thinking they are in your tires. all you gotta do is toss the pipe bomb in your trunk and you won't get any warning displays.

read:
https://www.clublexus.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=328044
Old 09-10-08, 08:17 PM
RU514
Lead Lap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

So I'm guessing the TPMS works like a wireless device that sends a signal to the car? Is there a limit to the range? Meaning if it's the trunk or something
Old 09-10-08, 08:18 PM
leo_k
Pole Position

uhh and how does the tpms hook up to the car? you just "toss" it in? and the car "reads" the tpsm like it reads the key when it is in the car and out of the car?

this is a pretty elaborate hoax if it is... is this for REAL or are you gonna point and laugh at the screen when you read the i did it and it DOESNT work??? unless it does work...

anyone knows how to do this in New Jersey or NY somewhere? im north jersey and if i cant do this myself is there anyone who actually did this?
Old 09-10-08, 08:19 PM
leo_k
Pole Position

lol sorry its just hard to believe this.. but then the stock wheels dont have anything special connecting them to the car so i guess you guys are telling the truth...LOL i wanna do this
Old 09-10-08, 08:24 PM
RU514
Lead Lap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

LeoK...this isn't a joke...some wheels are compatible with the TPMS and some aren't. You fall into the category of does not work...therefore you either 1) change your wheels...2) keep wheels and live with error message...3) keep wheels and live with no error message

Option 3 is what should be on your mind and can be done with the TPMS bomb. Yeah it sounds silly but it is what it is. Just a pressurized canister so your TPMS actively reads it at a certain pressure and tricks the computer into the thinking that these TPMS are actually reading the pressure from your wheels/tires.

If I wrote something wrong, someone can fix this.
Old 09-10-08, 08:30 PM
triple_c
Pole Position

no, it really works. the tpms use radio signals to communicate with the car's computer. they are wireless, so there is no actual physical connection with the car. some people here have even used plastic washers and zip ties to simulate pressure on the tpms. as long as something makes the tpms think its under ~30 psi of pressure and they are in your car, you won't get any warnings.
Old 09-10-08, 08:32 PM
leo_k
Pole Position

Originally Posted by iskcon
LeoK...this isn't a joke...some wheels are compatible with the TPMS and some aren't. You fall into the category of does not work...therefore you either 1) change your wheels...2) keep wheels and live with error message...3) keep wheels and live with no error message

Option 3 is what should be on your mind and can be done with the TPMS bomb. Yeah it sounds silly but it is what it is. Just a pressurized canister so your TPMS actively reads it at a certain pressure and tricks the computer into the thinking that these TPMS are actually reading the pressure from your wheels/tires.

If I wrote something wrong, someone can fix this.
yea i just read that thread up top.. lol yea this is so crazy but i guess not since this is the way the TPMS already works, im sure 1/2 of people dont even know that their IS has a wireless pressure monitor..i know my sales guy didnt tell me the way they work, nor did anything that i read upto buying the car...lol this is great..

So does the rim or the tire have to be compatible? cus i can just get another tire..but the rims i wont..so can someone clarify?
Old 09-10-08, 08:39 PM
leo_k
Pole Position

guys thanks for responses and help! my laptop battery dying and i cant find charger so ill be back on later. THANKS ALL CL!!!!

*edited*

gf got off sims 2!!!! woot!

Last edited by leo_k; 09-10-08 at 08:54 PM.
Old 09-10-08, 08:54 PM
leo_k
Pole Position

i forgot to mention i had a stock 17" wheel that i just took off the car in the trunk for the WHOLE ride... so technically the errors shouldnt have gone off... maybe i have to have all 4 TMPS sensors within the car? so do i need to put all 4 sensors in the pipe bomb?
Old 09-10-08, 08:56 PM
mikez
Lexus Champion

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Do you want to know what I did with my senors? Ask 100plus haha.

I put 2 plastic stopper/tubbing in between each pair, zip tied them together to give them the pressure they need.

And they have been in my glove box for the past 5 months now
Old 09-10-08, 09:03 PM
iialcii
Lexus Champion

i forgot to mention i had a stock 17" wheel that i just took off the car in the trunk for the WHOLE ride... so technically the errors shouldnt have gone off... maybe i have to have all 4 TMPS sensors within the car? so do i need to put all 4 sensors in the pipe bomb?

you need all 4 sensors with in a proximity of the car. Its the sensors like every other member mentioned. make a pipe bomb of your car will be throwing thoses cells for a long time. I dont know about you, but that would sure be annoying.
Old 09-10-08, 09:13 PM
leo_k
Pole Position

yea im gonna see first if i can get the error to go away by placing all 4 wheels next to car...that way i know they are functioning properly.. maybe ill drive aroudn for a bit and when the error comes on (if not right away) ill do the check...

then make the pipe bomb LOL... maybe i can build it INTO my subwoofer enclosure, or atleast i can just stick it there after im done.

ill post more when i make progress.

IF ANYONE HAVE ANYTHING ELSE THAT IS IMPORTANT OR SOMETHING I SHOULD KNOW WHEN DOING THIS PLEASE LET ME KNOW!!!

THANKS GUYS!
Old 09-10-08, 10:22 PM
hihi410
Lead Lap

yea im gonna see first if i can get the error to go away by placing all 4 wheels next to car...that way i know they are functioning properly.. maybe ill drive aroudn for a bit and when the error comes on (if not right away) ill do the check...

then make the pipe bomb LOL... maybe i can build it INTO my subwoofer enclosure, or atleast i can just stick it there after im done.

ill post more when i make progress.

IF ANYONE HAVE ANYTHING ELSE THAT IS IMPORTANT OR SOMETHING I SHOULD KNOW WHEN DOING THIS PLEASE LET ME KNOW!!!

THANKS GUYS!
Most likely you will have to build a pipe bomb, the car has to detect that the sensors are functioning and pressurized correctly, otherwise it will send a message to your car that your tires are low or not functioning correctly.
Old 09-10-08, 10:25 PM
pandy_88
Lead Lap

i had to pay some guy to swap my sensors for like 40$

Quick Reply: HELP!!! installed new wheels... CHECK SYSTEM after 20 miles!! ?!?!