IS - 2nd Gen (2006-2013) Discussion about the 2006+ model IS models

Tinted windows question

Search this Thread

Old 09-10-08, 08:19 PM
VTLexus
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Tinted windows question

Is there a way to get a "doctor's note" for illegally tinted window's? anyone done this, know how it works, is it a rumor, etc?
Old 09-10-08, 08:23 PM
ChrISF
Lexus Champion

Received 12 Likes on 6 Posts

lol what do you mean "doctor's note" lol this isnt high school anymore. if you get pulled over for having tint on your car thats over the limit, expect to pay the consequences.
Old 09-10-08, 08:25 PM
VTLexus
Driver

i think ive read on threads here or some other forum that if you have a medical condition that requires the tint, you can get away with it. i jsut can't remember where i read it and if there's any truth to it.
Old 09-10-08, 08:32 PM
OoAaronoO
Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

yes there is.. i have one.. that y i roll wit 5% tint
Old 09-10-08, 09:16 PM
BounceNY
Lexus Test Driver

but the key is "do you have a medical condition?" if you don't then I dont think you should be lying about it. If you do have a condition which requires tint, then I think you can get a note from your doc, well at least I heard about this as well.
Old 09-11-08, 10:13 AM
OoAaronoO
Driver

If u really wanted one. Just make up some b.s. Like the sun hurts your eyes when you drive and it give you a headache. I know a bunch of people who have em for no reason. But I myself do have a medical condition. That's how I found out about it
Old 09-11-08, 10:25 AM
huddleston
Racer

Received 56 Likes on 13 Posts

if you dont want to pay the tickets dont get the tint put on. its a chance you take when having illegal tint. i would know. 5% all round and 15% on the windshield. dont lie about having a condition man, that crossing the line IMO.
Old 09-11-08, 10:30 AM
leo_k
Pole Position

i would try to make my eyes bleed somehow... then go to the emergency room and tell them your eyes hurt so bad when its sunny out...wait for them to say that maybe you have a condition...

just play it smart.. somewhere at the end (if they bite the bait) say what can i do about driving in daytime, i have problems wearing sun glasses because the sun comes in through the sides and really hurts my eyes..

i have NOT done this.. but i think its worth a try?
Old 09-11-08, 10:31 AM
leo_k
Pole Position

maybe dont even mention the tint, just ask for a note for your boss or for whoever so that if you are in HIGH sunlight that you can be excused or whatnot...
Old 09-11-08, 10:47 AM
slee18
Lexus Test Driver

Leo I have one better than that!

Fake a migraine headache or have a RX because of the migraines. Certain light patterns can set off migraines and might cause temporary lost of vision or conciseness.

but i wasnt really here nor did i say this.
Old 09-11-08, 11:31 AM
MARINE
Driver

Seriously, this is by far the dumbest post I have ever seen. Come on, you would fake a disablilty just to tint your windows? This falls in the same category as BS handicap parking permits. Either do it legally or chance it. I have 20 percent and that illegal in Florida. If I get stopped, I take it like a man. I know its wrong and fess up to it. Sheez.....
Old 09-11-08, 12:56 PM
LIS350A
Driver

Originally Posted by MARINE
If I get stopped, I take it like a man.
Me too. No, no actually I take it like a chick and just smile and hope I have some cleavage showing.

Just get something from an eye doctor if you must.
Old 09-11-08, 01:01 PM
leo_k
Pole Position

lol... i like tints cus 2x in past the cop gave me tint ticket instead of speeding... in NJ speeding = points and that is OMGWTF so... i like ma tints
Old 09-11-08, 01:13 PM
LIS350A
Driver

Good pioint, NJ has that mandatory surchage on all tickets it's over $300 plus $25 administrative fee.
Old 09-11-08, 01:30 PM
hapaboy
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by MARINE
Seriously, this is by far the dumbest post I have ever seen. Come on, you would fake a disablilty just to tint your windows? This falls in the same category as BS handicap parking permits.
skin cancer actually is going to be very serious in the future. it's not a disability, it's cancer.

in california this is legit. in VA, i don't know. a cop could tell you to just wear some new 'tech' clothing with sunscreen built into it.

find a cop, know him/her, and have them sign off on your ticket. mine was only $10 for tint and no license plate after signing off.

maybe in the future, if insurance companies call for pre-screening of cancer, then possibly tint would be covered by insurance.

Quick Reply: Tinted windows question