2k2 R1
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

the control arm is def. bent, if bad enough...there could be frame damage
Old 09-18-08, 07:46 AM
yodeixmall
Rookie

yeah the control is cracked....the guys garage im getting it fixed by told me that he tracked down a control arm....hes gonna charge me $590 with everything done....i have to figure out the wheel situation myself though...i really hope there is no frame damage....how do i know if there is?
Old 09-18-08, 08:24 AM
mvlbr
Lead Lap

A body shop could tell you. BTW have you told your friend yet or are you going to fix it without telling him?
Old 09-18-08, 09:28 AM
Joe Z
Lexus Fanatic

Received 1,063 Likes on 586 Posts
Exclamation

Some pics would help...

How did the tire hold up??

If it took a hit too, the tire should be replaced as well.. for sure..

Jz
Old 09-18-08, 10:10 AM
ChrISF
Lexus Champion

Received 12 Likes on 6 Posts

this thread is definitely worthless without pictures!
Old 09-18-08, 11:09 AM
yodeixmall
Rookie

Heres some pictures....rear control arm lateral and radius need to be replaced...and also the thing that the shock rest on is cracked...the estimate was $530....no frame damage because the 350z doesnt have a regular frame, so the rear has these body rails so no frame damage and no also no rear axle damage...this estimate doesnt include the cost of the new wheel...i just ordered the wheel off ebay and its $150...so everything together is going to be around 680 to 700...the garage im getting it fixed by is BAFS certified dont know what that means but his shop was nice and hes a nice guy...parts come in monday so he should have it done by tuesday, i hope the wheel comes in by then...thank god it wasnt over 1000...heres the pics

Old 09-18-08, 11:19 AM
tukai
Driver

You should still your friend. It could come back and bite him when he wants to trade it in.
Old 09-18-08, 11:24 AM
yodeixmall
Rookie

i am...i just dont know how im gonna tell him yet...
Old 09-18-08, 11:33 AM
smokyis350
Lexus Champion

wow, thats a good deal. Luckily there isnt any frame damage. Wouldn't he be asking wheres his car at?
Old 09-18-08, 11:48 AM
mvlbr
Lead Lap

It sounds to me like you're not going to tell him because the first thing you should have done was to tell him before you started to even fix his car after all it's his car and he should be able to take the car to whatever shop he wants it fixed at. You're friend is probably going to be more pissed at you for fixing his car without telling him first. If he's that close of a friend to lend you his car you should have had the decency to tell him as soon as it happened.
Old 09-18-08, 12:10 PM
tC_demon
Pole Position

Originally Posted by mvlbr
It sounds to me like you're not going to tell him because the first thing you should have done was to tell him before you started to even fix his car after all it's his car and he should be able to take the car to whatever shop he wants it fixed at. You're friend is probably going to be more pissed at you for fixing his car without telling him first. If he's that close of a friend to lend you his car you should have had the decency to tell him as soon as it happened.
+1... You should say something like this to him...Dude am so sorry, but I got into a accident. Don't worry I didn't hit any cars or people, I hit the curve trying to avoid hitting a person that jump outta nowhere, the car fish tail and the rear wheel slammed against the curve. I got everything under control your car is in a repair shop getting an estimate, I can have the car fix by Monday or Tuesday if you want. This is what got damage (and you list the parts). Dude I didn't want to tell you until I got the estimate done. Sorry for not telling you.

If your friend is **** he might want all OEM parts...I know I would. If they are then make sure you tell him that. How is your friend with his car? Does he baby the car?
Old 09-18-08, 12:20 PM
yodeixmall
Rookie

i told him for the record...he told me to just get it fixed because hes gonna sell the car anyway...and they are using all oem parts to fix it....hes pissed though...i feel real bad...he trusted me and i do something like this...ive known this kid since i was like 10 so im sure he will forget about it...but its gonna be aqward for a couple months...he has my IS350 right now which i just got the black matallic powdercoat done on...i was excited about it until all this **** happend on wend. now its the last thing on my mind..
Old 09-18-08, 12:23 PM
Brian231
Lexus Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by smokyis350
wow, that sounds bad. What year is it? Is there a picture? The car may be total. There will be most likely frame damage. You will also need to replace axles. Depending on the damage if car has frame damage, can be from $5000-10k.
That was my thought exactly. This is not going to be cheap and axle replacement is probable. The wheel can be bought on ebay.
Old 09-18-08, 12:48 PM
mvlbr
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by yodeixmall
i told him for the record...
You must have just told him a few minutes ago because this was you reply from about a hour ago:

Originally Posted by yodeixmall
i am...i just dont know how im gonna tell him yet...

Well hopefully you have learned your lesson in never borrowing friends or relatives cars cuz in the end it can always bite you in the ***. Next time rent a cheap econo car for like $20 a day.
Old 09-18-08, 10:20 PM
hihi410
Lead Lap

I say don't sweat it.

You did the right thing. Trust can be earned again, but if you would of fixed the car and never told him, he would of eventually found out when he is selling the car and than it would be a lie and friendship will R.I.P.

Things happen unexpectedly, facing it head on it's the right thing to do.

From my experience, friendship is worth more than money any given day.

Hope all works out and soon enough your friend will forgive you and you guys will laugh about it in no time.

haha sorry for the preaching....just telling how it is learned by my own experience.

Quick Reply: I dont know what to do...im screwed...WOW