IS - 2nd Gen (2006-2013) Discussion about the 2006+ model IS models

I dont know what to do...im screwed...WOW

Search this Thread

Old 09-17-08, 04:45 PM
yodeixmall
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default I dont know what to do...im screwed...WOW

So in my prior thread about 2 days ago i told u i was getting my rims powdercoated, and that i was driving my friends 350z while my car was gone...well today someone ran infront of me while i was goin about 35 mph and i swerved so wouldnt hit him and then i fish tailed and i lost control and the back end spun out on me and i hit the curve real hard...when i got out of the car...the rear driverside wheel was crooked and the wheel BUSTED.....when i say crooked its at like horrible angle....what would i do? man i really need help becuase i have no idea what the hell to do...or how much its gonna cost...any of ur advice would help
Old 09-17-08, 05:00 PM
mvlbr
Lead Lap

Tell your friend 1st and see what he wants to do. Either way it's gonna be expensive and someone is gonna have to pay(obviously not your friend). You can always contact your insurance and see if they can cover it. That's why I never borrow or test drive friends cars.
Old 09-17-08, 05:04 PM
hihi410
Lead Lap

I would advice to contact your insurance as well and see if your coverage will be able to cover that.

Also inform your friend, car can be fixed but dont burn your friendship over it.
Old 09-17-08, 05:07 PM
n8236
Pole Position

+1 above post.

I hope you and your friend have a good relationship because money and borrowing stuff is really the silver lining of many friendships. Just be honest and be responsible. He was nice enough to lend you his car and you are liable for whatever happens to it while you have it.

Call your insurance and see if they will cover the damages. If not, find out the damage, repair his car and make monthly payments towards the credit card you put the bill on (low % apr). That's how my friend paid me when she wrecked my RSX.

Sorry to hear about what happened

If your insurance company deems the other party liable, then you're safe. But you'll still have your friendship to mend (at least borrowing his car wise).
Old 09-17-08, 07:09 PM
huddleston
Racer

Received 56 Likes on 13 Posts

just be honest man, if you guys are close enough to borrow cars he should be cool as long as you guys work something out. hope it goes well.
Old 09-17-08, 07:18 PM
smokyis350
Lexus Champion

wow, that sounds bad. What year is it? Is there a picture? The car may be total. There will be most likely frame damage. You will also need to replace axles. Depending on the damage if car has frame damage, can be from $5000-10k.
Old 09-17-08, 07:29 PM
crazybuggy
Racer

^^^ damnnnnnn thass expensive!!!
Old 09-17-08, 07:31 PM
tC_demon
Pole Position

Wow...Am sure your insurance will cover the cost. Yeup sounds like axle and suspension will have to be replace and wheel too. I had a same experience with my RSX, I fished tailed and smack into a curve rear passenger wheel didn't came off but it was bent inwards. They ended up replacing whole rear suspension, shocks, axles, rotor, wheel, tire, more crap I can't remember. I had to frame damage. The total was about $4 - $5K all OEM parts (took the car to Cerritos Acura (I believe they own Browings Collision Body Shop, which is inside the parking lot of the dealership). I have Farmers insurance, I was able to get away not affecting my driving record or insurance premium I said that someone hit my car in the mall, so it fell under comprehensive instead of collision. Good Luck! You should tell your friend, he might be able to help out somehow.
Old 09-17-08, 08:00 PM
yodeixmall
Rookie

well...im gonna see what the estimate is tomm....if its under 1500 just for the repairs and not the wheel...im gonna just pay for it wihtout insurance and tell him this week...hes like my brother, but i really feel like this is something serious where he cant trust me again...i feel like a jackass....
Old 09-17-08, 08:26 PM
ChrISF
Lexus Champion

Received 12 Likes on 6 Posts

so you havent told him yet? thats the first thing i would do

were you able to drive away? or was it cracked like this:

or like this:

Old 09-17-08, 08:33 PM
Kaydee
Hacked CL to become a Mod

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

**shivers** those pics are quite scary
Old 09-17-08, 08:39 PM
yodeixmall
Rookie

oh hell no...it wasnt that bad at ALL...it was just cracked on the side wall...i hope the frame isnt bent....i hope its just that part where the shock it...when the guy was putting it on the flat bed tow truck the tires was rolling...usually if the axle is bent u cant even roll the wheel right
Old 09-17-08, 08:57 PM
tqlla3k
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

So just the wheel is damaged?

Put it on the spare and take it to a body shop to inspect for underbody damage. If its good... just replace the wheel, and both rear tires.

You can get certain styles of 350Z wheels for cheap on ebay.
Old 09-17-08, 08:59 PM
ben_r_
Lexus Champion

You need to tell your friend first and foremost. That would be really messed up if you havent. Then let him decide how he wants to handle it.
Old 09-17-08, 09:02 PM
tqlla3k
Lexus Test Driver

What Style of wheels did he have?

Quick Reply: I dont know what to do...im screwed...WOW